[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Is going to Las Vegas worth it? Is going ALONE worth it?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /trv/ - Travel

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 1
File: las-vegas.jpg (65 KB, 550x412) Image search: [Google]
las-vegas.jpg
65 KB, 550x412
Is going to Las Vegas worth it? Is going ALONE worth it?
>>
>>1128666
That's the ONLY way it would be worth it. Otherwise your vacation turns into babysitting/arguing/BS ie not the fun shit you came to do.
>>
Fuck yeah it's worth it
>>
Recommend stuff to do, it's my second time travelling ever and my first time alone.
>>
>>1128689
What are you interests?
do you like cars? You can book couple laps on a race course with an exotic car.
http://www.exoticsracing.com/

If guns are kind of exotic to you, you can go try out some at the gun store.
http://thegunstorelasvegas.com/

There's also dune buggy driving in the desert.
http://www.sunbuggy.com/lasvegas

There's the Grand Canyon. If you book an overnight stay you can hike down to the base and then back up the next day.

Hoover Dam, dunno if you can still do tours inside there.

And then there's the Strip. You probably already know about that.
>>
>>1128666
Rio has one of the best buffets.

Lol I said this in another thread before and one guy complained about how he never got to enjoy it because all the food was always gone.
>>
>>1128689
awww buy a teddy bear

theres this place where you can build your own
>>
>>1128666
I also heard that the girls will let you touch them at the strip clubs if you're cute enough.
>>
>>1128666
>Is going to Las Vegas worth it?
Hard to say, but probably. I find Vegas very enjoyable for up to 48 hours before I need to leave or die. You can get some really good deals on hotels--Vegas may be the best average hotel value for the dollar in this country (not counting out of the way places). And there's some very good food and some high-end entertainment and a lot of weirdness. Goes without saying that for a dangerous alcoholic such as myself it is also a very agreeable place.
>Is going ALONE worth it?
Why not? To the above I will add that the Pinball Museum is a lot of fun. Hundreds of vintage machines to play.
>>
>>1128756

Is this rule only exclusive to las vegas strip clubs. Ive never been to a strip club before
>>
>>1128900
I think that's bad trolling/baiting. Officially, the rule in all strip clubs is no touching or risk getting your ass thrown violently to the curb. In practice there are a lot of exceptions if you spend enough money, especially in private rooms or places where the dancers also turn tricks. I didn't think that was much of a thing in Vegas, but it's not my scene.
>>
>>1128666
Strip clubs are the one thing in Vegas I would not do.

The girls are arrogant, overpaid, and the rules are draconian and always enforced no matter who or how much you pay. Enjoy the gambling but save your girly fun for some off road truck stop in the middle of nowhere fly over country.
>>
>>1128924
agree, plus they will rob you if they get your credit card info. If you need sex then rent a car and drive to pahrump and visit a whore house.
>>
>>1129057
I fell for that shit too so I feel I need to warn guys.
I got excited about the whole "Sin City" vibe and wasted a lot of cash and got very little in return.

When I can find a lot lizard in my hometown who will eat my ass for $20 bill it doesn't make sense to go to Vegas and fork over $200 just to stare at some snobby QT who will flash her tits for a few min then demand more cash if I look too long.

I made the mistake of ordering a whore to my room, they sent an entirely different girl. 10 years older, brunette not redhead, didn't even use the same fake name. My friend thinks she was a tranny, I think she just lifted a lot to stay fit. He was being a douche and trying to make me feel embarrassed. I told her to leave, when she asked for more money upfront than I agreed upon and she still wanted to be paid just for showing up.

Enjoy the shows, the booze, the food, the theme architecture, museums, maybe a hike in the desert, have fun gambling but ignore the cunts in Vegas.
>>
>>1128666
The strip can be a lot of fun, and yes, going alone is perfectly fine, and in fact I prefer it.

No worrying about other people's schedules, not having to hold up the one guy in the group who can't handle his liquor, no disagreements about what to do, etc.

Plus, there are a lot of conventions in town all the time so nobody bats an eye at a single guy at the bar or even at a table.

I go 4-5 times a year, usually solo. Try it once, see the strip, stay at a nice resort and check out what you want. Here's the one thing, Vegas is EXPENSIVE, especially the strip. Whatever you want your budget to be, double it, THEN go. The last thing you want to worry about there is penny-pinching.
>>
>>1129071
This. I saved up about 3k going to Vegas. Spent it all and had no money to pay rent when I got home. And that was WITH earning a $150 profit from gambling.
>>
Vegas is trash if you are a foreigner. Los Angeles uses it as a weekend 'getaway.' But if you are visiting the U.S.
You arn't tired of sunset and Hollywood clubs yet, and aren't going for the get your women out of town because women put out more then' thing.
if you are doing the whole cross U.S. Aussie thing, spend more time in New York and see better shows.
Just drive down the highway and throw some money out the window every 10 minutes to simulate the Vegas experience.
The party scence is one huge tourist Ghetto.
Any good buffet will be pricey. You can get cheap hotel rooms(make sure they are on the strip). That's about it. The drinks are water
>>
>>1129080
How long were you there?
I spend a month in Japan and didn't spend 3k
>>
>>1129091
I should add that included airfaire to and hotel in Japan.
P.s. Does sage still work?
>>
>>1129091
not that guy, but it's extremely easy to go through 3K per trip. Here's the thing, idiots like >>1129090
who complain about how Vegas is are missing the point. OF COURSE Vegas is expensive. If you're going to whine about losing money, don't go there.

I take 1K per day spending budget when I go. That's over and above rooms/transportation. That way I can do a little gambling, eat whatever I want, drink as much as I want, maybe buy a trinket or two, and not worry about money. I can't imagine having much fun there on a tight budget, and I wouldn't try. Go camping if you don't want to spend money and quit belly aching about how expensive Vegas is like that's some sort of revelation.
Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.