[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Hi /trv/ I really want to travel but I get horrible anxiety on
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /trv/ - Travel

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 0
Hi /trv/ I really want to travel but I get horrible anxiety on planes and being far away from my flat. I have travelled in the past when I was younger (20 I am 25 now) but have not travelled since I did a big solo trip to indonesia when I was 20. For whatever reason I developed anxiety when I flew and became anxious being far away from my flat and it has really put me off. I since havent been out of the country and only done small 1.5 hour max flights. To make things worse I live in New Zealand so any where I want to go there is no option of just driving back or something and the closest country (australia) is 3 hours away.

Has anyone had anything similar? How did you over come it?

It fucking sucks I just want to travel around the world meeting cuties but the what ifs put me off. I always worry that I will be so anxious that I wont be able to move or that I cant breath when I get over to a new place or something its fucking retarded and I know it is but unfortunately reasoning isnt very effective. Its so bad that I have a job offer that would require me to fly to sydney twice in the next year but I am put off taking it just because of being anxious.
>>
The what ifs scare me too, so I just started doing short trips that last a week, and am going to SEA in September, along with seeing a doctor about anxiety. Just worried once I get somewhere completely different I'll panic and won't be able to navigate.

Depending on where you go, you may be able to take some medication. I'm 23 and pretty jealous of people who traveled at 18-22 so keep your head up.
>>
>>1128588
>Has anyone had anything similar?
Still do.
>How did you over come it?
Obviously it can't really apply to you since you're from NZ but now I do road trips almost exclusively and I love it. Living in North America does help.
>>
>>1128591
That was my plan just doing short trips to places that are short flights away and having some xanax or some shit and enough money to fly back if I fuck out majorly. Or as lame as it sounds travelling with my parents for support
>>
>>1128604
There was a thread on here about traveling on merchant ships, ever think of that?
>>
>>1128607
whats merchant ships senpai?

>>1128591
why are you jealous m8?
>>
>>1128972
>>1125338

Just a bit jealous of people who traveled at 18-22 and because my life was quite shit at that age. But I realize that attitude is pointless and I'm grateful to be going soon.
>>
>>1128986
Yea it's all about where your life is now desu I was in the right head space 4 years back now I'm riddled with anxiety. Who knows in the future I'll probably sort it out somehow and be good again
Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 0

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.