[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
feeling lost traveller need help from travel mates. >19 years
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /trv/ - Travel

Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 1
File: Desert.jpg (826 KB, 1024x768) Image search: [Google]
Desert.jpg
826 KB, 1024x768
feeling lost traveller need help from travel mates.
>19 years from germany
>8 month in new zealand, now since 5 weeks in australia , townsville
>smoking weed since 2 1/2 month every day
>working for accommodation+ food. i spent 200$ a week for weed
> budge 2300 euro left from heritage

guys i need your help. i dont know what to do in my life. basically i life good, friends, new people, my farm is nice... but i dont know i feel lost somehow. 3 of my best mates went home for some reason, they start studying this year.. and I ? i want to stay 12 month in australia and then south america! but i miss in my life a goal, .. something i can live for ..
do you have any ideas?
its so hard to find words for that ..i hope you can understand
are there some travellers who feel the same?
>>
>>1128395

Stop smoking so much in the first place, you're gonna waste your life. Go back home, work and find some direction, you sound like you've travelled enough for a while. 2300€ is not enough to sustain drug-fueled aimless wandering for very long...
>>
I got lazy back then and went home instead of starting to work on a farm again.
Ever since I left Australia and came back to germany I knew I want and will come back to Australia.
I'm currently doing an apprenticeship (mechatronics) worth three years of education at work and in school.
I am planning to leave Germany with that "certificate" of being a certified german electronics/mechanics/IT-guy.

Why not sit down and think about what where you would like to be in ten years time and what you have to do to achieve that?
Also think about your own strength and weaknesses. You need to reflect a lot.

Don't rush decisions. You might not make the right decision right now and you will think about that decision when you're older but you can always go back. Mistakes are made so you can learn from them.

Good luck, maybe we meet in Australia some day
>>
>>1128395
If you're smoking 200$ worth of weed a week, either you should try and smoke less, or just get a new supplier where you get more for your money. That's the first thing to do.
When you're down there, you should just enjoy life, and if it's possible then make a plan to save up for south america, you can't go there if you spend all your money on overpriced weed in aussie

Travelling is great and it does come with some pitfalls, but to some there's a certain kind of education in the phenomenon of travelling for years with a backpack, some companies actually find that as a good thing on your personal resume...

But shortly I'll just tell you, that it's a hard thing to decide what to do, especially at age 19 and when you're already out in the big world then you're set for now, don't rush into thinking about getting educated, the development that comes from travelling might make you want not to even have any specific area of expertize.
>>
>>1128395
None of the countriesand continents in your post have anything to do with a pic of Monument Valley.
>>
Get your shit together and go to a city to make some money. There's no money in farm work, OP. The moneyi s shit because young people like you will work for shit money and don't know any better.

I made a ton of money in Australia. My ex gf was a dumbass and chased after farm work. I left with 20k in 4 months and she left with like 1k working just as hard as I did.

Fuck farm work in Oz.
>>
>>1128395
As they said above get your shit together. I wish I had spend 8 months in Nz, I wish I had 2k in my bank account, I wish I was 19
Instead I have a job that gives me enough to live with not many luxuries like travel.
>>
>>1128463
So what DID you do?
>>
>>1128511

he probably did mining shit that's all dried up now
>>
>>1128517
but his ex worked 'as hard as he did' :D
>>
>>1128511

Yeah can we expand upon this?

Im going to be traveling through europe this summer for 3 months and i feel like im not going to want to stop traveling once thats over.

What type of "city work" did you do in australia?
>>
>>1128551
Sucking dick
>>
>>1128511
Bartended. There's shit jobs, but there's good ones, too. Be picky about where you work even if you have to lie to work somewhere good. Any accent that isn't Ozzie is exotic to them, so they'll tip for it too.

>>1128520
She stripped at one point and still made less money than me. That was also 'cause she made fucking retarded life choices, though (inb4 myself included lololol). Not that there's anything wrong with stripping - I think that's cool as fuck.
>>
>>1128820

Ok, so that makes plenty of sense then. Did you need to go for a bartending license to grab those jobs, or did you already have one from your home country?

Thats 100% where the ez money is at, just curious how anal the process is in aussie to be able to have those jobs. I know people back home who bartend and make enough to do w/e they want, but as you said thats only with the ones in the classy locales.
>>
>>1128836
A bartending licence is only needed if you are the owner of the bar, isn't it?
>>
>>1129146
That's a liquor license. You need to be trained in the responsible serving of alcohol.
>>
>>1128836
Yeah, it's called RSA. it's under 100 bucks and it let's you serve alcohol in Victoria. Each state has a separate license requirement but if you're gonna move around Australia, you can pay like an extra 50 bucks and it's valid for the whole country.

Yes, it's easy. But your English should be decent. Doesn't need to be great, but personality is more important than being great at English.

Bartending is good almost anywhere in the world. I even make good money in countries where they say I won't. Just pick a good enough place and it you're good at it, the money will come.
>>
>>1129429
Do you just move into one of the big cities and start looking or is it better to start in Sydney?
How do you pick out the better bartending jobs from the shit ones?
How long could all of it take anyways?

Honestly these bar jobs sound way better than the farm jobs I've been picking through. Especially because they're all situated in bumfuck nowhere. But once I arrive in a city I'd be hoping to score a decent gig within, say, a week.

New to all of this, if you couldn't tell.
>>
>>1129519
I don't like Sydney and i don't think I would've saved as much if I lived there. I probably would've made more there, but who knows. Go to Melbourne though.

And if you have no experience lie in your resume and don't suck on your first shift. Otherwise, you can barback (you're basically the bartenders bitch) and it's still okay money but not amazing as you'll be making a good wage plus tipout.

I ask what a place sells (which means how much I would sell in a typical shift). Then I calculate about 10-30% of my total sales as that's usually what tips work out to and that's what I'd make in tips. The thing with Australia is that even if you're a t a shit bar, your wage is still pretty good so it's always gonna be better than farm work.

I didn't look for longer than a week before I had a bunch of callbacks. Gumtree has postings and print like 50 resumes and drop them off everywhere. Make sure your resume isn't shit and if you're good looking put a small headshot at the top as it honestly helps
>>
>>1129877
Don't rely on my calculations though. I'm good at what I do and I can work a night and make 200 in tips while my Co-workers who are good bartenders also but not as charming will walk home with 10 bucks. I even got accused of short changing customers or doing sneaky shit because I was actually pulling in tips while most people made a lot less.
>>
>>1128395

Like others have said, stop smoking weed. That's step number one because weed fucks with your brain. I know because after two years smoking like mad I completely lost it (depressed, feeling lost, detached from this world).

Now, you say your other problem is not knowing what to do with your life. But I say, your problem is that you think you have a problem. You don't. It's normal not to know what to do next, and there is one easy remedy for that: do something, anything, it does not matter. Any job, any studies, any sport, any hobby, just focus on something (while remaining open to other opportunities).

I've been there buddy, to the point where suicide seemed like the easiest option to permanently solve this dilema. Things get better, or you just get used to it...
>>
>>1128395
Stop smoking , it will help.
>>
>>1129878
Nice, thanks for the tips my man.
Was thinking of hitting the Brisbane or Gold Coast area so I will try to score some bar work there. Being in an open social environment instead of slaving away with some fruit 10 hours a day sounds way better.

Now I gotta think of a way to look a bit more skilled, both in life and on my empty as fuck resume.
>>
200 per week on weed. That's sad. Not even trying to diss you m8. You seriously need to get help or quit that shit. That's not recreational anymore by far.
>>
townsville is honestly boring as fuck
if you don't want to keep spending so much on weed you'll probably want to change it up and do something else
>>
Long term druggy a are never happy mate, some people, just take longer to show it. Doesn't mean you will be happy when you stop, but it's a start, you'll never grow as a druggy, and that's a fact. A lot of 40 year old MA (Maryjane anoyuoius) members have the problems of a 20 year old and they just the start dealing with them, google it.
Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.