[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I'm gonna be out in the Raleigh/Apex/Cary area for a few
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /trv/ - Travel

Thread replies: 5
Thread images: 1
File: raleigh.jpg (27 KB, 600x338) Image search: [Google]
raleigh.jpg
27 KB, 600x338
I'm gonna be out in the Raleigh/Apex/Cary area for a few days. Any places around there worth checking out? I'm hoping to find something a little on the urban explorer side.
>>
a few nice parks in the college area. thats all i can think of
>>
Yeah, I'm not sure, OP. Though i will throw in a plug for durham, which I visit every two months or so to see friends. It's much smaller than raleigh but has a pretty good restaurant and bar scene, a well known minor league baseball team, the really pretty duke campus and gardens, good local music, and some other cool stuff I'm sure. Have a good trip wherever you go.
>>
>>1128126
Museum in Raleigh has the only mounted Acrocanthosaurus skeleton n display anywhere in the world, if you are into that sort of thing.

They had gotten a grant to bid on acquiring Sue, the Tyrannosaurus now in the Field Museum, and got into a bidding war for that -- Field had deeper pockets, and there sat Raleigh with all this money and here comes somebody finding a decent and fairly complete Acro. Not as big as a T. rex, but still -- only one in the world.
>>
Anon, I live in Apex but I will be in Croatia for like, 2weeks . Give me some information. What do you like to do? Where are you staying? How long are you going to be there? What is your budget?

-food
we like to eat and like to feed people. Fine dinning try harons and the latern. Have a car go to farrington house.

Normal tier - blistered pig, Tallulah's, crooks corner, watts grocery, douce tocetos

Cheap tier - cosmic cantina, carborrito, bullick's

Stuff to do - downtown raleigh has bars and shops, durham has 9th street for the same, chapel hill has franklin st. If you want bullshit corp. Shopping streets at south point.

No matter what you do rent a car because nothing is walking distance and we have shit public transport. I am going to be flying but if the thread is still around ill check in.

The other thing I would say is people from the area really are helpful and wa t to talk.
Thread replies: 5
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.