[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Hey /trv/, I'll be going on few weeks trip soon but I don't
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /trv/ - Travel

Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 3
Hey /trv/, I'll be going on few weeks trip soon but I don't have the bag for my camera.

What bag should I buy for my 650d Canon that fits nicely and safely in Farpoint 40l?

What bags do YOU use while travelling with your camera?
>>
File: 1465222075861s.jpg (4 KB, 250x250) Image search: [Google]
1465222075861s.jpg
4 KB, 250x250
Does no one here travel with 1 packpack and carrying DSLR or no one wants to answer me?

Ugh, guys...I need to find some smaller bag to carry my canon that fits in farpoint 40l.
>>
>>1128154
Hey so... what i would recommend you is to get a small, cheap "boxy" camera bag that can also work as an insert for a larger pack.

I have a small Lowepro Event Messenger, and I use it as an insert in my 25L daypack, as having two bags is too cumbersome. Takes up about 1/3 of the available space, but the camera is well protected.

I am thinking of buying a Thule camera backpack. They have place for the tripod, and use an insert-based system so you can also use them as regular backpacks by removing the camera stuff. They also don't look like a typical camera bag... but as everything swedish, it's expensive.
>>
File: nova_bag.jpg (18 KB, 350x280) Image search: [Google]
nova_bag.jpg
18 KB, 350x280
I ditched my lowepro (space for DSLR, lens, lots of small accessories) for a bag like the picture, but smaller. I think it's meant for a mirrorless or point and shoot. I spent literally hours in a japanese camera shop trying to get the smallest I could manage

It's a squeeze to even get the DSLR in there, and I use a carabiner attached with a little lens bag. So all I have is camera + kit lens, extra lens and maybe a spare battery or filter

It's not ideal but I couldn't deal with having a larger bag and trying to stuff it in with my main pack. It fits reasonably into my daybag considering the lens bag being seperate.

It's just compromises, there's no easy way out. I'd like to take more gear comfortably but I'm trying to stick to carry-on, 30L (I'm planning on getting a farpoint 40 at some point)
>>
I'm a little wary of those "triangle" sort of bags because it'll look more obviously like a camera bag and I get paranoid about more chance of theft or someone snatching it

By the way is there any way to get a Farpoint bag without paying the full retail? £90 for a 40l is nuts
>>
>>1128425
Whoever makes a living out of theft will learn how to recognize camera bags either by the looks or the brand. If theft worries you, then your best bet is using a normal daypack from a brand that does not usually make camera bags, and get cheap inserts for your camera gear. This is why I was suggesting a Event Messenger, these are small and squared, very insert-like camera bags.
Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.