[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Greetings fellow /trv/ellers! I've come to the conclusion
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /trv/ - Travel

Thread replies: 5
Thread images: 1
File: hardshell.jpg (23 KB, 450x450) Image search: [Google]
hardshell.jpg
23 KB, 450x450
Greetings fellow /trv/ellers!
I've come to the conclusion that travelling with a large backpack is not for me. I'm a photographer with a lot of seriously heavy gear in my photo backpack. Therefore, a second backpack for my clothes and other stuff is not exactly easy to handle.
I'm looking for a large (120L or more) suitcase for my future travels. Should be a hardshell case so any souvenirs I put inside don't easily break.
Wheels are a must. The lighter the better. Any suggestions?
>>
>>1128034
backpack desu
>>
>>1128034
Just get a 35L backpack and wash your 2 changes of clothes in the sink, you stupid faggot.
>>
>>1128034
Fuck you retard. I'm not a backpacker. I go full /out/ on my travels, so I need something to put camping & fishing gear in for the flight.
>>
>>1128034
I'm not a fan of hardsides, as I think they are more easy to smash open or warp when stuck in airline conveyors (happens more often than you think. Outside of the luxury brands like Halliburton or Tumi, they act like their plastic is structure enough, and you'll see dimples and impact marks on them too. I think a softsided structured bag has quite enough structure, and some ballistic fabric does the rest of durability, as well as handy outside pockets for a coat, gloves or shopping extras, or last minute packing thing at the terminal. They also tend not to be clamshell, which I prefer for when I am not going to fully unpack upon arrival. Fliptop lid versus needing a floor or entire bed to open it and live out of it. Having 4 spinner wheels is a must-have!

Travelpro is my favorite brand handsdown, the Crew line. For comparable large bags, but you can find a decent Delsey, Samsonite or the more sporty High Sierra brands on sale at Macys when they bring out new editions each year, expect about 25%-50% off, esp for the largest bags that incur airline fees for weight or size.
Thread replies: 5
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.