[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I am 26 and just missed Eurails super discount opportunity.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /trv/ - Travel

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 3
File: lisbon.jpg (46 KB, 550x331) Image search: [Google]
lisbon.jpg
46 KB, 550x331
I am 26 and just missed Eurails super discount opportunity.

Can I lie on my application?

Is there any hope?

Are there better train or transportation alternatives than Eurail?

I plan on crossing from Portugal to Spain, to France, to Switzerland in a month time span.

Any advice is appreciated, I am leaving soon.
>>
>>1127864
>dat pic

Wow, why have I been ignoring Portugal for so long? Perhaps it's not just a poor man's Spain.....
>>
>>1127864
it's often cheaper to buy point to point tickets and skip on getting an eurail ticket, saved myself £50
>>
>>1128164
The interrailling ticket means you don't have to get specific trains, I'd much rather fork over the extra bit of cash to not have the hassle of catching specific trains, but I suppose it really depends on the person.

Also to OP, I don't think you'll get away with it but I could be wrong.
>>
I believe you have to show a valid ID card to go, so seems you're out of luck.
>>
>>1127877

>Portugal
>Poor man's Spain

M8, it's better than fucking Spain
>>
>>1128462
Yeah, I am beginning to learn that it offers a certain amount of more flexibility so I don't have to catch specific trains.
>>
>>1128542
What makes you say that?

You prefer Lisbon to Madrid?
>>
>>1128519
Unless you use a fake ID
>>
>>1128665
You can always buy an ID that will say you were born in 2000 instead of 1974.
>>
>>1127877
Well it is cheaper than Spain, I was surprised by how much I enjoyed it, great food, people were really nice, great weather and a lot of cool architecture.
>>
>>1127864
If you can still pass for under 26, it might be a good idea to get a fake ID. You get tons of discounts in a lot of places. Not just eurorails. In France most state-run museums and things like that are free for under-26 euro citizens. I'm sure other countries do the same.
>>
>>1128542
Fucking this.

I lived in Spain for 5 months and I went to Portugal 5 times because I loved it so much.

>friendlier people who speak multiple languages
>fucking FANTASTIC food
>FANTASTIC wine
>FANTASTIC pastries
>beautiful and wide variety of landscapes
>beautiful architecture
>cosmopolitan cities that are easy to navigate
>gorgeous weather
>language close enough to Spanish that I can read everything, just not understand the people (shit sounds like Russian desu)
>cheap cheap cheap cheap

Portugal > Spain any day
>>
>>1128542
lol
LOL
no

Literally only thing it has that Spain doesn't is lower prices.
>>
Hi everyone, OP here, thanks for all the great responses! This makes me look forward to Portugal even more! Got any recommendations for other places to see in Portugal other than Lisbon?
>>
>>1130892
tell me about their food, what is Portuguese food? lobsters etc probably
>>
>>1127877
>cheaper
>nightlife
>sun
>best light beer in the world
What more does a man want
If that is a poor man's Spain, I'm happy to be one
>>
>>1132127
>codfish
>shellfish
>drunk english girls
>>
>>1132124
oh yeah, lots of places, kind of depends on what you are looking for
>>
>>1132206
I am looking for fun, art, and surfing
>>
File: 1454737449940.jpg (70 KB, 500x706) Image search: [Google]
1454737449940.jpg
70 KB, 500x706
>>1132392
>If you really want to party in this part of the season Algarve is the place to be
>Surfing? Look up Ericeira, Peniche or Nazare
they're in near Lisbon
>Art
Lisbon
>Protip: visit Sintra
>>
>>1132419
Thank You <3
>>
>>1132419
Would you say Lagos is the best place in the algarve in terms of nightlife?
Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.