[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Hitchhiking europe for ~40 days with 350-400€. We’ll be only
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /trv/ - Travel

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 2
File: gif.png (2 MB, 1038x826) Image search: [Google]
gif.png
2 MB, 1038x826
Hitchhiking europe for ~40 days with 350-400€. We’ll be only paying for food and occasionally some entrance fees. I’m 19 and my companion is 20 (also male). We don't know the exact route yet (especially back from Paris) but pic related is close. Maybe fast trains from Paris to Milan, then hitchhike to Ljubljana and Zagreb.

Couchsurfing + tent/sleeping bag. Buying Osprey Farpoint 40 in few days, any better options?

There's plenty of free stuff in every bigger and small city. Lot of art galleries, museums, events and I'm happy with just that. We hope random people will help us from time to time, for either food or place.

Is it doable?
>>
>>1127285
10 euro per day is nothing. It's doable for food if you stick to groceries instead of restaurants, but not when it's also your budget for entry fees. Museums generally aren't free.
>>
We definitely don't plan to eat at restaurants. It will all be at supermarkets or some cheap street junk food. Of course, I will plan out museums/free places to visit in town before hand.

Is there anything we might forget for this trip?

I will have:
>waterproof backpack cover
>raincoat
>tent
>sleeping bag
>bug repellent
anything else?
>>
>>1127306
Good luck when every sight costs you 10 euro+ for the ticket.
You're mostly looking at a trip where you don't enter anything, just walk the streets. Bear that in mind and either find more money or be sure you're ok with that.
>>
>>1127309
How so? Am I really missing something or are you? One of the world's biggest museums Louvre is completely free (if you're under 26) and theres stuff like this in every town. Sure, I won't get to climb the Eiffel tower but I'll be very happy to just take a picture from the ground.
>>
your budget will run out in in 2 weeks. if you are lucky
>>
>>1127310
Congratulations on checking admissions in France, the special snowflake where your under 26 EU citizenship gets you anything other than a slightly reduced fee. Now check out Pergamon Museum, or the Wawel and Malbork castle, or the Rijksmuseum and Van Gogh museums, or Schonbrunn and Belvedere, or the Prague castle. You are not getting for free inside 95% of all major sights you'll come across. Forget it, they want your tourist money.

And get a sleeping pad unless you've just forgotten to list it. Your ass will freeze off otherwise.
>>
i think you can listen to richfags but i travelled from poland to florence hitchikking for 100 euro and i paid a lot for entrances, i took shitty food with me.
>>
Sounds fucking miserable. Why would you voluntarily choose to live like a bum?
>>
>>1127326
Did you just listen what I said? There are SOME in every city, and they're FREE. I don't plan to visit t 5 fucking museums in Paris or in any other city.

Also we are going in middle of july so the temperatures might get better.

>>1127332
>bum
>400€
>only 40 days
If only bums have the things Ill have for this trip.
>>
>>1127334
Did you listen to what I said? The streets are free. And the churches - and funnily enough, not even all of them since plenty invent bullshit excuses to fence off the area and charge admission. Museums outside of France aren't free like you seem to think. You have a whopping 40 days to spend on sightseeing and a tiny 400 euro budget that includes entry fees, food, possible train transport and emergency beds when your couchsurfing host bails on you and you're stuck at night in the middle of the city. It might seem like a lot to you, but it isn't.

And really, get that sleeping pad. You'll thank me after a rainy night at 6 in the morning when you discover just how much lower ground temperature can be compared to air.
>>
>>1127339
Alright, I will reduce the trip to ~30 days, cut out some cities and increase the budget to 450€.

And really, I dont plan to sightsee everything. I'll take what is given to me, it is a low budget trip after all. I just really wanna experience the feel of long travel.
>>
>>1127339
Settle down, assblasted cunt
Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.