[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I just started working after university and I fucking hate it.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /trv/ - Travel

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 2
File: 1465673888672.gif (2 MB, 260x260) Image search: [Google]
1465673888672.gif
2 MB, 260x260
I just started working after university and I fucking hate it.

I hate the sad cunts causing problems for colleagues because their life is boring, the people stuck in this shitty town who think there's nothing else out there, the shit mundane tasks that I do.

I need to get out and travel, but I'm already 22 and would need to save until about 23/24.

When do I become so old that I'll look odd in hostels and start looking like a bit of a loser?

I feel it's already creeping in. I'm also a little scared that I'll come back and be fucked with no job.
>>
Oi, lads and ladies.
>>
>>1126969
There are tons of people over 24 in hostels. Maybe not so many over 30.
>>
>>1126969
>tfw 20 and have nearly 10k gbp saved up.

life is gĂșt
>>
I saw many over 50s in hostels. No one cares. All sorts of people stay in them.
>>
>>1127367
Tell me your ways
>>
>>1127366
>>1127368

I get that, there'll always be bohemian types. But at what point does it get to 'wow, is he really still dicking about travelling at that age?'
>>
>>1127717
Like 50 honestly. Ive been to plenty of hostels full of people in there 30s and sometimes 40s and nobody gave a damn
>>
>>1127717
I'm 29, work in banking and hardly the bohemian type. I'll stay in hostels for the social environment (get a private room though) because it can be too hard to coordinate travels with your friends work schedules/other obligations. No one gives a shit dude
>>
File: chuckle.gif (113 KB, 280x210) Image search: [Google]
chuckle.gif
113 KB, 280x210
>>1127717
What part of no one cares don't you understand.

People organise what's called leave. This is where they are still employed buy get a prearranged unpaid period where they don't have to go to work.

There's also something called retirement. You can google that one.
>>
>>1126969
Pretty ironic that you talk about sad cunts when you're the one who thinks after your early 20's you're meant to just wagecuck for the rest of your life, with the possible exception of a cruise or two at the end.
>>
>>1127717
>caring about what other people think
Fucking normies, I swear.

>>1127471
Not the guy, but
>get rid of phone
>go out for dinner once ever 2-3 months
>ferment your own alcohol and sell it
>find a skinny partner/roommate
>don't party
>make your lunches the night before
>grow hydroponic sorrel/other favourite leafy green
>don't buy quinoa ever again until you're rich
>drink tea instead of coffee
>only buy looseleaf tea in bulk, and bag your own (or better yet just use a tea strainer that you use for straining other things)
>don't buy milk chocolate, only buy dark chocolate and do it once ever 2 months or so
>avoid milk
>set aside what you don't spend in a month, when you hit 5000 start investing it
>only shop in chinatown
>>
I have nothing to contribute, but thanks for making this thread and getting a bunch of shit for this question so I don't have to.
>>
>>1128047
>only shop in chinatown
This. Also, cut down on your meat. It's expensive.
>>
>>1126969
Yeah, travel a bit, it couldn't really hurt, but your situation will be completely fucked in the long term if you don't do anything about it.

I was in the same boat the last few years, signed up for trade school on a whim and it's pretty much the best decision I've ever taken in my life.
>>
>>1128089
whoops, forgot about that part.
>grow beans
>raise crickets and grind them into powder for protein/calcium
>>
>>1127471
Work your fucking ass off - overtime on weekends, come in on bank holidays. Its not only worth it for the money, but the brownie points too.

>tfw 20 and worked my ass off, now being groomed for management. +no education fees
Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.