[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Going to the South of Portugal soon, will be staying in the Al
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /trv/ - Travel

Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 4
File: 1349453410981.jpg (120 KB, 500x621) Image search: [Google]
1349453410981.jpg
120 KB, 500x621
Going to the South of Portugal soon, will be staying in the Al Garve/Faro area.

What are the best things to do/great places to go?

Things I enjoy
>eating out
>hill walking
>beaches
>drinking (alcohol)

Any Portuguese people here? Any places/things I should avoid?

Thanks! Also general Portuguese thread.
>>
>>1126787
>Going to the South of Portugal soon, will be staying in the Al Garve/Faro area.
Almost the same, passing Faro by and staying there maybe a couple of days but most of the time in Lagos. Also bump.
>>
>>1126787
try /int/ and search for a /luso/ thread, ask from there
>>
>>1126984
It's just people posting anime and behaving like it's a circlejerk
>inb4 welcome to 4chan

Is 500 Euros enough for 5 days if I want to eat out for lunch and dinner and have a couple drinks every night?
>>
>>1127031
>Is 500 Euros enough for 5 days
Definitely.
>>
>>1126787
I'm going there too in a week, here are some things I collected from another thread I made:

Lagos
Ponta de Piedade
Fortaleza de Sagres
Silvas
Monchique
Troia Beach

Also, who wants to watch Portugal vs Hungary with me over there? I'm from Hungary, and I don't really wanna get murdered in a portugalian bar for wearing my hungarian scarf. But let's just be honest here: I WILL WEAR THAT SCARF FOR THE LULZ ANYWAYS :(((
>>
>>1127230
Lel, I'm near Lagos, but I'm portuguese/dutch. So I'd have to murder you if Hungary wins :^)
>>
>>1127278
I will be in Luz, so we can make that happen. Just please don't kill me if Hungary wins, because that will be my only chance seeing this shithole of a country achieving anything worth mentioning. ;_;
>>
>>1127311
Ahahahaha that's brilliant man. Luz is literally about a few miles away from where I am. No worries, I'm not that much into football anyways.
>>
>>1126787
lagos local here, anyone have questions?
>>
>>1127357
Kewl, gta4gabee at gmail dot com is my email address, I know it seems ridiculous, but I made it when I was 13 and I use it for 4chan purposes. DON'T LAUGH U FRIKKIN BASTARD
>>
>>1127579
Actually, could you please recommend me some places to eat? Not touristy shitty restauranty, but nice, cosy places to eat seafood at. I would also love to know about some historical sights in the area, if you could help with that too. Or anything else, that you find interesting!
>>
>>1127619
Lagos is pretty touristy but there are places that are actually good.
Lambertos is a very nice restaurant, you see not many tourists there, sunday(or saturday, dont remember) they have seafood rice, make sure you make a reservation especially in the summer, downside is it's not in the center of town but as you will quickly realize everywhere is close by, its a very small town.
If you're into drinking a few beers during the afternoon the cheapest place(about 80cents if I recall correctly) is trindade, they also have meals but I never go there to eat so i'm not really sure if they're good or not, just the odd bifana(pork sandwich) with mustard.
About beaches it depends on personal preference, I hate crowded beaches, for some people it's a social experience, personally I like the least amount of people possible.So I'd recommend to stay away from the tourist beaches like Don'Ana and Porto de Mós, meia praia is acceptable if you take the train and go to the middle part of the beach. My personal favorites are barranco do martinho even though it's kinda hard to access it and i cant fully explain how to actually get there, your best chance is to ask someone who knows about it, and praia do canavial, also kinda hard to know how to get there but I put the specific street where you can access it from(red circle) once you are in that street you pass some trashcans into some woods and go down some semi improvised stairs. The black line is how to access barranco do martinh by land, bring some sneakers or you will cut your feet going down, pretty much just walk close to shore in the ponta da piedade area where i marked in the map while looking down until you see a beach with a few people in there that seems unreachable, if you look closely there's a sort of path, hopefully you'll see some people go up/down it. The kayak tours are also pretty worth I suppose, but my brother owns one of those so I might be a bit biased.
>>
File: Sem Título.png (391 KB, 1680x975) Image search: [Google]
Sem Título.png
391 KB, 1680x975
>>1127634
All the places I mentioned are searchable on google maps and have streetview so I didnt mark them on the map
>>
>>1127635
as for nightlife it's pretty nice, there are a lot of bars on the main street where mainly brits go, there are a few a bit more hidden, just explore
>>
>>1127634
>>1127635
Wow, thank you, I didn't expect such a helpful and detailed answer, I saved all these places into my phone!
>>
>>1127665
not that much detail, might come back to say more but I get frustrated with my english. Phrases in portuguese are usually very long and in english they are very short. So when I look at the screen it turns out to be a wall of text that could be easily shortened.
>>
>>1127666
Not OP but will be going to Lagos in August. Are you familiar with any good deep sea fishing charters?
>>
>>1127230
>>1127278
>>1127311
Im Estonian, coming to lagos, could possibly take a few drinks aswell, don't care that much for football though.

>>1127634
About nightlife - are there only bars or clubs aswell?
>>
>>1127693
Im pretty sure they exist but I havent ever been on one.

>>1127742
>About nightlife - are there only bars or clubs aswell?
Depends on what you consider a club I guess, like dancing and whatnot, most bars include that, expecially the brit ones, there are also more 'standard' clubs like grand cafe, bon vivant and nox, they arent really my thing but they are open the latest.
>>
>>1127742
Of course, just write me an email to the address I mentioned here earlier!
>>
I'm heading up to Silves and then on to Monchique in the next few minutes. What things can I expect/should I try to do? Interested in history, sights, food and anything else that might be worthwhile.
>>
>>1128411
Monchique is one of my favourite places in the world, my brother used to have land there, as for tourism I dont really know, its a place to walk around and see the nature, or for hiking, I usually go up there to get water because there's a spring.
Are you going to the village or all the way up the mountain, the village is very quaint but not very much to see tb h?
>>
File: IMAG2445.jpg (2 MB, 2688x1520) Image search: [Google]
IMAG2445.jpg
2 MB, 2688x1520
>>1128470
Just got back from there actually. It was nice, quaint like you said but not much to do tourist wise. Stopped off at Silves on the way for a couple of hours and was very impressed. Had a walk around the museum and the Castle. Pic related.
>>
>>1128477
>>1128470
Forgot to mention I'll also be heading along the south-west coast tomorrow, Lagos and beyond, what should I keep an eye out for? Any interesting places to stop at and check out?
>>
>>1128480
lagos is nice, has a nice night life and beaches as I said in >>1127634, also check out sagres, the westernmost end of it is beautiful, if its foggy looks like the end of the world, pic related, but in my opinion there's no point actually entering the castle, there's not much in it and I think it's payed.
>>
File: sagres.jpg (65 KB, 650x431) Image search: [Google]
sagres.jpg
65 KB, 650x431
>>1128492
forgot pic
>>
>>1128493
also if you're beach hunting praia das fontainhas, close to lagoa is my favourite of all time, you can find it on google maps and get directions
>>
Ann Arbor is a city of a bunch of bumpkins!
>>
>>1128492
Thanks, I'll keep that in mind. I'm not really into the beaches but I'll check them out anyway.
Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.