[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
hey /trv/, My wife and I haven't done much travelling, but
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /trv/ - Travel

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 1
File: trvlnb.png (3 KB, 290x95) Image search: [Google]
trvlnb.png
3 KB, 290x95
hey /trv/, My wife and I haven't done much travelling, but we are going to do London/Amsterdam/Barcelona this summer. Any suggestions/tips? It will be on the shorter side (2 weeks inside of trans-atlantic flights) with only a few days in each city and we want to make the most of it.
>>
aw, fuck man
a few days in london is like... going to an art exhibit and looking at one piece of art at random. Do you know what part of London you want to be in? Don't go south of the river, it's not very good down there. Try and seek out some stuff to do that's specifically interesting to you. Museums are good, if that's your thing. You can spend all three days at the British Museum if you want. You can go shopping, which is actually pretty cool if you find some groovy shops like Forbidden Planet.
Are you taking trains from london to amsterdam to barcelona? That's quite a bit of train time, I'd recommend getting Ryanair flights to reduce your travel time. Trains can be fun, but when you have so little time you'll get bored and wonder why you're spending so much time staring at trees going by.
>>
>>1123874
No we are flying between all cities: 4 full days in London flight to Amsterdam the next day; fly to barcelona 3 days later; flight back to london 5 days after; and finally two nights in London before hoping back across the Atlantic. So we will have about six days in London.
>>
So any tips on barcelona and the beaches/ramblas?
>>
>>1123874
Different anon, but i'm going to London for about 8 days this summer. 2nd time there but the first time all I did were the bus tours and west end plays.

Im assuming from your post that youre quite familiar with London. If this makes any sense, I kind of just want to do as the locals do and blend in. I've seen all the big sights, now I want to relax this time and take in the real city. I like to walk around amongst the people and look around at everything. And yes, I know how faggy that all sounds.

Anyways, are there any cool suburbs or areas in London to explore? I like poking in and out of shops, even though I'm a cheap fuck and won't buy anything. Anywhere where I can hang around normal British people just doing their thing at cafes or whatever? And just to reiterate: yes, I know how faggy that all sounds.
>>
>>1124219
If you're interested in people-watching and paying for overpriced hipster coffee then Soho is a good bet.
>>
>>1124219
I'd say a good place to do that would be in South West London which is pretty close to central London (like an hour by bus or even quicker by train) but less seen to by tourists? (If my wording makes sense). Be careful though cause some places are a bit shit tier but I recommend you walk around Wandsworth, Putney, Wimbledon and Clapham Junction if you're looking to be away from the average tourist lifestyle. There are a ton of pubs so if you're wanting to meet people there's that.

Have fun!
>>
Also going to London in 2 days, for the first time as well. The trip is pretty impromptu, so I haven't thought of anything at all to be honest. But the plan was to avoid the obvious tourist traps and focus more on the night life, as in techno/electronic clubs and events. Maybe some lesser shopping as well. Already checked RA for the upcoming events and there is a myriad of them. Any other tips though?
>>
For London, look up a little speakeasy called The Mayor Of Scaredy Cat Town. It's gotten a bit more recognition lately and isn't very secret any more but it's a neat little bar which has an underground bar through a disguised fridge-door, where you can buy various cat-pun cocktails. To get in you have to tell the attendee "I'm here to see the mayor".

Of course the upstairs bit is also fairly nice, if a little pricey.
Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.