[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Where will you settle down?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /trv/ - Travel

Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 3
File: .jpg (1 MB, 2469x3600) Image search: [Google]
.jpg
1 MB, 2469x3600
Where will you settle down?
>>
South East Asia. Most likely Thailand, because that's where my network is already the strongest and I already speak a good bit of the language, but Malaysia, Singapore, and Philippines are options as well.
>>
>>1126725
Anywhere but here.
>>
>implying I will ever settle down

I switch countries every year or two. Once I can no longer do so, it's the end.
>>
Rural Pacific Northwest.

Maybe 10 years from now?
>>
>>1126725
Central Italy, preferably Bologna or Perugia. Well, as soon as their economy picks up again, anyway.
>>
Rather just move every 4-5 years and put a bullet in my head at 85. I can see 13-16 different places in depth like that and travel shorter term intermittently. Or maybe after retirement I could move every year or two since no job to worry about. So 30 places in depth?
>>
>>1126725
It certainly won't be back here in Vancouver. I will never be able to afford a home here.

I'm giving myself a decade to travel around and find a place I want to spend more time in. Hopefully I find such a spot.
>>
>>1127406
How do you afford this? And don't say bartend.
>>1126725
The grave
>>
>>1126725
Old guy here. I settled down in San Francisco, California, USA, more than a decade ago, after a youth spent as an expat and semi-peripatetic early career. But after a long while spent in offices, I'm now self-employed and location independent, so I don't have to settle down forever (the kids are portable and the wife is in management with an enormous global firm with lots and lots of temporary or permanent relocation opportunities).

It's worked pretty well and we like it. We're spending next summer in Italy, and then relocating to Switzerland for at least a couple of years; I'm also waiting to hear about a one-year contract in Cambodia we could take before that.

But I'm settled down in the sense that I've got a family and a house I own to return to wherever else we might wander.
>>
>>1126725
Someplace nice.
>>
>>1126725
Probably in Ottawa, Winnipeg, Kingston, Waterloo, Guelph, Fredericton or Saskatoon.

>tfw stuck in Canuckistan and all I want is to own a 1000 sqft house without being a slave to the bank for the rest of my life
>>
In the Southern U.S.

Probably either Florida or South Carolina. I like the combination of Southern hospitality and coastal living.
>>
>>1126773
What's your work?
>>
>>1126814
I live in the Pacific Northwest. Where do you plan on settling down? Many rural places are rapidly urbanizing.
>>
>>1127520
Move to charleston or savanna. Coastal south>>>inland south
>>
>>1127531
;_; that sucks the nature there is great
>>
How do you guys plan on settling in countries you weren't born with a citizenship to? Immigration is difficult and not guaranteed.

inb4 Europe joke, I'm not a refugee.
>>
Western usa. Somewhere like Colorado, wyoming, idaho, our maybe even Arizona I guess
>>
File: 1464411811357.jpg (81 KB, 645x773) Image search: [Google]
1464411811357.jpg
81 KB, 645x773
>when will you settle down
>>
File: 1465658883060.png (146 KB, 1100x1100) Image search: [Google]
1465658883060.png
146 KB, 1100x1100
SEA (ez mode, as I'm led to believe)
Arab country (should be ez, "white" & male)
My own in the country side (not a bad option desu)

Any of these will do. Just not the capital, where I am now.

>>1127537

Marriage is an option, anon. Plenty of old, homosexual men in the Netherlands, Germany, etc. How much dick are you willing to suck for free* healthcare?

*Not really. You still pay out the ass. It's just that it's mandatory and you tend to accept it as a fact.
>>
>>1126725
My home country.

I will be the cool old dude who ahs seen the world and imparts wisdom to younger generation.

Like Mr Miyagi, but without kungfu
>>
>>1127519
Kingston is so legit and affordable. Lived there for 7 years as a student and would easily retire there
>>
>>1126867

Benvenuto bro. The economy isn't looking to recoveanytime soon tho, though depending on your skills there can be opportunities.
>>
>>1126733
This is me.

>>1127537
In Thailand you can buy property, get a job, marry a chick (I wouldn't do this randomly, I actually just broke up with my Thai gf after 2 years. I have already have a couple of friends on the line to start a business with. ), start a business, and a retirement Visa, if you're old enough
>>
>>1127531
I'm from here as well. Olympia, Washington.

It makes me sad to see but I'm hoping there will still be some beauty left before i die.
>>
>>1126725
Prague
>>
>>1127566
>arab country
>white male
enjoy your beheading
>>
>>1127485

With a job, live under your means, retire early. Major in something that can be used elsewhere. I would count different US regions the same as different countries because they're so diverse. By the time you're done seeing english speaking nations, you should have passive income and maybe another language or two to use.
Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.