[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Miles cards
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /trv/ - Travel

Thread replies: 34
Thread images: 4
File: image.png (81 KB, 289x181) Image search: [Google]
image.png
81 KB, 289x181
Is this worth it? I know someone who has a member of OneWord and uses their card. And it seems he flies business class like every other flight with the amount of points he has.

only reason I'm looking at United is because I live next to a UA Hub.
>>
Is your credit score good? If you're able to avoid getting into credit card debt, then do it. Making your minimum spending gets you a shitload of miles. United's shit though, so if you're looking for flexibility then I suggest getting the Chase Sapphire card. You'll be able to try different airlines without the guilt of missing out on those awesome miles.
>>
>>1126271

Wait. Explain this Chase Sapphire card to me..

Yeah I have good credit.
>>
>>1126275
> 50,000 reward points that can be converted to miles upon spending $4k within 90 days
> Double points from spending it on food, drinks, and trips (that includes Lyft fyi) without any foreign transaction fees
> $95 annual fee is nothing if you have good credit
> Points can be used for flights on BA, Korean, Singapore, United, and Virgin, as well as Hyatt and Marriott hotels

So long as you keep up with the payments, you'll be able to travel quite well fairly quickly.
>>
>>1126254
>>1126275
>>1126288
Tell me more.

I got the newbie bonuses for the Delta Gold Amex and the Captial One blue colored Venture card. Claiming Delta miles and rounding off the difference non-specific points mean that I'm pretty close to a free intercontinental ticket.

I have conference in Chicago in August and will be flying United. What can be stacked with OP? I have ~750 credit and pay off monthly unless there is an interest free period to tease you in...
>>
>>1126322
> On the brink of free international flights
Pretty based. From what I heard of MileagePlus' card:

> 30k bonus United miles after spending $1k within 90 days, plus an additional 5k miles from first purchase with the card (yes, that includes chicken tendies from any restaurant).
> Free checked bags on United
> Double United miles whenever you book on united.com
> No foreign transaction fees

The major downside having that card is that you're pretty much stuck with flying United for your travels. By adding Gold Amex and Chase Sapphire, though, you'll have more than enough flexibility to travel wherever you want whenever you want.
>>
>>1126254
>not getting a VISA Avion so you have the freedom to transfer the points to any airline
wew lad, also you should get an Amex card so you can use the Centurion lounges to get away from the proles while waiting for your flights
>>
contemplated getting them
but the bonus points only get earned via specific travel purchases, has to be at restaurants and hotels and shit

i went and go the bank of america blue card , which earns travel points regardless of what i spent it on, and costs absolutely nothing, and can be setup to automatically deduct from my checking account
>>
What's the point of having 2 airline credit cards?

Like, what would be the point of having a Delta Skymiles Gold AmEx and a United Miledge Explore Plus card? wouldn't you just want one so you can use for all purchases to get shit loads of miles?
>>
>>1126322
>>1126288

If you go for the Sapphire, get the Chase Freedom too. You get 10k bonus miles with 5% quarterly rotating bonuses up to $1500 in spending. This quarter its supermarkets. Next its restaurants. Chase has a ton of reward partners too. Southwest, United(star alliance), KLM and Air France, Virgin, British Airways, and Singapore Airlines.

If you live in a AA or Delta hub it may be better to go with a different rewards card(s). I've had mine for less than a year and I can already fly round trip anywhere in the world.
>>
>>1127287
multiple sign up bonuses and spending bonuses. Why get points on only one when you can have points on both?
>>
>>1127518
It'd probably be best to combine your miles to whichever airport is best for you. If you live in Atlanta, then I'd say use Delta's program. Where I live, Chase is the best because of Southwest with United for international flights.
>>
File: image.jpg (91 KB, 640x856) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
91 KB, 640x856
I live near Washington-Dulles International Airport which is a United hub. although my favorite US flagged carrier is Delta. Should I just get a United MileagePlus Exlorer Card just because they service a lot of Europe bound flights out of Dulles? all the Europe flights on Delta are expensive as fuck because I'd have to connect at ATL or JFK.

Right now I have a Visa Signature Flagship Rewards card with my Credit Union .i get 2 points/$1 spent. And I can redeem the points for any airline. But I don't know if it works for seat upgrades. And I don't get priority boarding and stuff.

What do? Get new card or keep mine. Pic related
>>
>>1127706

A lot of cards let you use points to buy flights through their travel booking program, but some like the Chase Sapphire Preferred actually let you convert your points into points for a specific airline's loyalty program, where you can get flights way cheaper. Plus, you can transfer points between non-airline-branded Chase cards so you can transfer those to airline loyalty programs too. And of course you get a sign-up bonus for each card. If you do a lot of research and planning you can get a lot of points fast.
>>
>>1127820

The chase sapphire looks ok. But the reason the United MileagePlus Explorer looks better is cause free checked bag, priority boarding and united club passes.
>>
>>1128036

Airline co-branded cards are great if you already know which airline you want to fly with. You generally get a good signup bonus and perks in line with one of the lower level elite statuses. You do lose the versatility of transferable points though.
>>
>>1128036

Don't forget that certain cards offer more miles for broader categories.
>>
>>1128196

I just wish their was a card for like, all Star Alliance airlines, or a card that worked on all SkyTeam partners.
>>
Having multiple credit cards open is good for your credit score and using them often can maintain good credit. The credit system is very weird, however.
>>
>>1128224

True but they are like $90/yr
>>
>>1128201
For SkyTeam, if you're American, get Delta American Express card. Now Delta sKY pesos suck on the surface. But theven trick is to use other things like rental cars and dining for bonus points. And of course, when you book through Delta you will automatically use SkyTeam planes. I have actually flown more with KLM than Delta, booking through Delta. And I am at a Delta hub.
>>
>>1128256

The thing that's weird with Delta is a flight I couldn't even find a flight on Delta's website that I booked through KLM. I don't know why, but the flight won't even pop up. I payed $750 to fly round trip to Italy from the US. Outbound is on Air France with return on KLM. that flight doesn't exist on Delta Air Lines' app.
>>
>>1128262
Never had that issue, but maybe because my hub is ATL
>>
>>1128269

too bad you can't get priority boarding on KLM with that card.
>>
>>1128262
because only a certain number of Air France/KLM flights are Delta codeshares
>>
File: image.png (96 KB, 640x1136) Image search: [Google]
image.png
96 KB, 640x1136
>>1128271

oh ok. I guess that makes sense. Look (1/2)
>>
File: image.png (108 KB, 640x1136) Image search: [Google]
image.png
108 KB, 640x1136
2/2

Prices are different and I can't even find the same flight
>>
>>1128270
Yeah, but I actually don't like being first on the plane, so it works for me
>>
>>1128281

Really? Why
>>
>>1128282
No matter when you get on, the plane is not leaving until the last person boards. Getting on first is just more time spent in a relatively uncomfortable space. While if I board later I am chilling on the airport WiFi. I don't even get in line to board until it gets real short.
>>
>>1128377

I like priority boarding so I can find space for my backpack in the overhead storage.
>>
>>1128466
I'm short. I usually keep my back stowed under the seat so I can access my things.

I'm the same guy who says I don't like boarding early
>>
>>1128483

Makes sense
>>
>>1126275
Just do a google search. Its basically the best card you can get if you travel and its famous for being the best
Thread replies: 34
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.