[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
In couple of months I begin my around-the-world trip. I leave
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /trv/ - Travel

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 1
File: world-physical-map.gif (503 KB, 1395x1005) Image search: [Google]
world-physical-map.gif
503 KB, 1395x1005
In couple of months I begin my around-the-world trip. I leave from Barcelona to Asia to begin with, but I really don't know how to reach India. Pakistan seems tricky, and I need an invitation card from a local to get in, and the other way its through Kazakhstan, China and Nepal, but thats around 5.000km longer. What do, /trv/?
>>
>>1126245
How much is this running you?
>>
>>1126245

I plan to leave with around 5k, 6k euro, all expenses split between 2 people, but we will travel in a very poor and cheap way like I've always done.
>>
>>1126250
Nice
>>
>>1126245
any idea?
>>
>>1126245
You can apply for a Pakistan visa without having an internal contact (travel agents can arrange invite documents), but only in your country of origin (Spain?). Pakistan is one of a number of countries that does not give visas in third countries. So, for example, you can't get it at the embassy in Beijing unless you are traveling on a Chinese passport. And if you turn up at the border without the visa you will be turned away, guaranteed.

Kazakhstan, China, and Nepal would be my choice--but Nepal is the only one of those countries that issues visas on arrival, as far as I know. And no idea whether all land border crossings are open to foreigners.

I DO know that foreigners can't cross overland between Bangladesh and Myanmar--there is a border crossing post but it is open only to BG and MM nationals. So you'll have to fly.
>>
>>1126245
Are you going by what? Bus?
>>
>>1126245
This is pretty similar to a "dream" trip I've been thinking about for a while. Props to you for doing it.

What are your plans for Mexico and the rest of central America (route, activities, etc)?
>>
>>1126303

By foot.

>>1126333

I plan to get into Mexico but avoid Honduras and some centre-america countries by doing mexico-cuba-jamaica-colombia. But that's only the plan...

>>1126276

I didn't look about Kazakhstan or China yet, but I think it's the better option too. Can you give me more info or links about travel agents arranging invite documents?

The issue with Pakistan is that it's also a dangerous country, and I do know about some travelers who got in limit situations while crossing the country to reach India, so the other option might be better but it can delay us by up to 6 months, since we plan to go by foot.
>>
>>1126276
>foreigners can't cross overland between Bangladesh and Mya

Btw I think you can get into Myanmar from India?
>>
any more ideas about pakistan?
>>
>>1126250
Tips for how to travelcheap please? I waste money af men
>>
>>1126498

I sleep in public places or out of cities, next to small towns. Inside cities I try to find quite places. For transport I use by feet or hitchhiking exclusively (or sneaking into trains, for example, in France is so fucking easy). To eat I try to look for food outside supermarkets, usually they intend to throw food that is in good state, and you can try get it, better to do it at night.

Of course you can have some nice pleasure when you feel like, a nice meal, or sleeping in a nice place (via couchsurfing or either in hostels).

It's a tough way to travel but its fucking cheap. This stuff works like a charm inside all Europe, but never tried outside of it. I'm feelign its gonna be tougher in Asia, Oceania or Africa.
>>
>>1126533
>Of course you can have some nice pleasure when you feel like, a nice meal, or sleeping in a nice place (via couchsurfing or either in hostels).
What about activities, admissions to famous sites and such?
>>
>>1126539

I normally dont go to famous places but via couchsurfing or by volunteering you can meet locals and getting into the culture of the place. Look for some websites to volunteer or work away, because by going to see monuments you're not going to meet or do anything special, in my opinion. Ofc this is my way of see the traveling, but depending on age and interests you can do it your on your way.
>>
>>1126498

when you're in China you can camp out in the countryside if you have a tent. or sleep in mcdonalds or burger king in the city. no one will bother you.
>>
>>1126555
what about bangladesh, india, vietnam, thailand? Is it possible there too?
>>
>>1126559

i'm not sure- I haven't been to any of those countries.
>>
>>1126559
I lived out of a Hong Kong McDonalds for about a week. Slept in there and on benches, shit at the McDonalds. Never once was bothered, but your experience may vary. This is not an option in Thailand or Cambodia.
>>
How are you planning on clearing the Sahara, especially with radical-islamists reportedly in the deep south of Algeria, by foot? Also, jow are you going to cross the Pacific and Atlantic on the cheap?

Props for doing this m8, hopefully one day I can do something similar.
>>
>>1127865
West Coast would probably be safer.
Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.