[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why doesn't anybody live in Canada?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /trv/ - Travel

Thread replies: 43
Thread images: 4
Why doesn't anybody live in Canada?
>>
When you enter Eskimo territory, their warriors kill you on site and feed you to their sled dogs. Little known fact that the liberal media won't tell you.
>>
>>1125639
Don't say that I'm passing through Eskimo territory in a couple of weeks...
>>
It's a crap place to live
>>
>>1125639
>>1125652
>Eskimo
Amerifags detected.

Anyway, over 35 million people live in Canada. Already too much, IMO, considering the majority of immigrants are Pakis or Flips offering nothing to the country.

The very north is frozen tundra, the 'middle' north is frozen forests with relatively poor soil. It's all sparsely inhabited. Plenty of water, minerals and trees though. People stick close to the border because that's where cities were founded, to access ports or American markets.
>>
>>1125705
It's one of the best places in the world to live, actually.
>>
>>1125710
If you value safety and tranquility over excitement and success, sure.
>>
WHERE MY CALGARY BOYS AT
>>
>>1125888
I love me some tranquility, to be quite honest. And excitement is pretty subjective.

'Success' is an illusion m8. You'll be dead some day. You will never become something like a Trump, King of Saud or a Pablo Escobar in Canada, no, but I'd say that's a benefit. You can still easily have a nice comfortable life with plenty of 'success', so long as success isn't snorting coke with a golden straw off a hooker's tits in the back of a humvee in a desert.
>>
>>1125606
2nd biggest country in the world with 35 million people, land up north is not developed
>>
>>1126432
So white women don't get raped right now? You sound scared....
>>
The world would be a much nicer place if everywhere was as sparsely populated as Canada, in my opinion. When I was there it genuinely felt like a throwback to a different age - the terrain was mostly wilderness/nature with some occasional settlements, not like here in the UK where it's mostly settlements with the very occasional bit of nature. Comfy as fuck if you like the tranquil/outdoors life, but also some good city life for those who prefer that.
>>
itt: a bunch of faggots who've never been to Canada let alone lived there

If you want the hustle and bustle and "excitement", you can live in Toronto or Montreal. Pretending there's nothing to do in NA's 4th and 9th largest cities is retarded.

But yes, if you live elsewhere there's plenty of wildlife and adventure if you desire that. Hell, even the large cities are close to national parks and include plenty of green space.
>>
>>1126432
They don't like the cold or real deal nature... that's why they only stick to inner cities. Biggest immigrant groups are actually Chinese, Flips and (dot) Indians. I agree we let in too many though, there's no way hundreds of thousands per year are able to 'integrate'. Standard argument nowadays is that they will be paying our pension in the future, etc. etc. Bullshit though.

>>1126463
Canadian prisons are mostly natives and hicks. If you live in southern Ontario or the Montreal area, and are in a jail (i.e. local only) in the immediate vicinity, yea lots of nigs. But federal or provincial prisons tend to be in small towns way out in the boonies, and you really get more of a wider Canadian (not only urban) mix. Canadian prisons are also generally more chill than American ones. It's not Oz here. Laundry room rape orgies and shiv wars and shit like that... doesn't really happen.
>>
>>1126495
>even the large cities are close to national parks and include plenty of green space.
This. Two or three hour drive north of any of Canada's major cities and you're pretty much in untouched forest.
>>
>>1125639
FUcking liberal media, controlled by illuminaty.
Its most likely illuminaty conspiracy to keep canada empty and fill it up with jews at some point. I guarantee you that.
>>
>>1126432
>>1126463
>>1126441
>>1126524
>>>/pol/
>>
>>1126675
>>>/mlp/
>>
>>1125940
>so long as success isn't snorting coke with a golden straw off a hooker's tits in the back of a humvee in a desert.
that's why nobody lives in canada
>>
OP: because anything over 30 miles north of the U.S. Boarder is Arctic tier weather.
>>1126675
Wake up, the world isn't your hug box.
>>
>>1125606
>Why doesn't anyone live in a frozen wasteland?
>>
File: clouds_lenticular_afp_source.jpg (44 KB, 378x271) Image search: [Google]
clouds_lenticular_afp_source.jpg
44 KB, 378x271
>>1125710
>It's one of the best places in the world to live, actually.
Yea, whatever.....

Living in the deep wilderness is kinda something you have to be born into. Lots of social or marginally-social things--like, just even going to a big grocery store--don't exist.
It's very photogenic, but (after a brief period of infatuation) it's very boring for city people.

Also it's rather cold.
You might think that would be okay too. Until you find out it's only warm for ~2 weeks, and during that two weeks there's *billions* of mosquitoes in the air, that have total disregard for any kind of insect repellent yet invented.
>>
>>1127662
>Living in the deep wilderness i
That isn't how 90% of Canadians live. Canada is one of the most urbanized countries on Earth. Perhaps somewhat ironic despite it being the second largest country and full of rather pristine natural environments... Most people have realized the comforts and conveniences of the city outweigh any reason to live in the wilderness.

I don't know what hypothetical spot you're talking about. You have to be very far north to get the kind of very brief summers you speak of. Mosquitos start as soon as the forest do, so once you're away from cities and farmland. Where I grew up, summer was from June to September, and temperatures into the mid 30s (Celsius), sometimes for days on end, are quite typical. That's continental climate for you!

Where I live now, in Europe, the range of temperatures is much more static. Winters rarely dip below -5°C at the coldest extreme (and people bitch and moan like they're living at Castle Black), whereas summers rarely go above 25°C. Sounds comfy, but I actually truly deeply miss the real change in seasons. These weak ass Europussies... They're bitching about 2°C and I feel like screaming, niggas I literally waited for 30-60 minutes for my busses in -25°C daytime temps, through blizzards or two feet of snow, school was never cancelled because of a bit of snow. Night time can get to -35°C or colder on really windy days. Sometimes our door locks would be frosted over and frozen shut, you'd have to heat up a kettle and pour some hot water on it to jig it all loose. Good thing there was never a fire. Meanwhile, summer can be 35°C and humid as fuck.

Honestly, if people don't want to live in Canada, that'd suit me just fine. It's crowded and full as is. I like the open space and calm quiet natural 'emptiness'. Europe feels very crowded to me, and that's what I tell people when they ask what I miss most about Canada: the feeling of walking into the woods and not seeing another person for days.
>>
I leaving the US soon and im thinking of moving to Canada. I want to work under the table somewhere and live simply. Any suggestions/ideas?
>>
>>1126524
dude they will pay our pensions, have you seen what the birth rate is ? we are fucked if we don't bring people in. I much rather prefer flips and Indians who settle than all the chinese coming to learn english in our universities and then leave.
>>
>>1128048
>given meth for free by shady guy in a trench coat
>eventually realize you're addicted to meth
>Health insurance company gives you methadone on credit
>Dude they will pay our methadone! Have you seen what the prices are like?

Neo-liberal hook line and sinker.

The entire pension system is frankly unsustainable. Importing several million shitskins, who on the whole don't really add any great value, is really not worth it. It's insane to perpetuate a system that is clearly so unsustainable it needs to be fed low-grade fodder to just keep tottering along.

I don't want to sound too kooky, but our current economic system is benefitting who the most? Not the middle-class schmucks who keep it running. (Public) Pensions are the crumbs thrown to keep us satisfied. Buying the excuse that we need more immigrants to pay future pensions is either fatal short-sightedness or fear-mongering or both.

It's one model, but not the only one. And what's the price, really? It's easy for Canada to swallow the neo-liberal pill, as we're not so different from American where it was manufactured. What's truly insidious is forcing the same system on the rest of the world.
>>
>>1126495
There is literally nothing fun to do in Toronto
>>
>>1128234
nigga please, go meme somewhere else.

If you can't find anything fun to do in Toronto, it's literally your own neckbeard getting in the way.
>>
File: mfwcisgendered.png (581 KB, 521x419) Image search: [Google]
mfwcisgendered.png
581 KB, 521x419
>>1126739
quality rebuttal
>>
>>1128121
Spot on.

There is nothing more painful than the total lack of feeling that comes from being a Canadian. Even pain is better than NOTHING.

I have lived in Toronto all my life. My heart actually hurts when I think of living in a place that isn't choking with South and East Asians, stuffing every venue and street and transit vehicle to 200% capacity. Every day I'm fucking bombarded by reminders of how different and disgusting the Other is. Every day I'm reminded that Chinese people think it's normal to be incredibly, sociopathically aggressive, that Indians fucking stink and pick their noses openly in public, and that Filipinos look like some kind of ugly hairless schnoodle.

The only way to make it stop when you live in this fucking identitiless neoliberal wasteland is to deaden yourself to the Other and retreat into your home, retreat into yourself. There's no solidarity anywhere. Every "community" is an atomized ghetto that somehow also fails to be unique. I am incapable of being "racist" in an authentically virulent way because I was raised in a multicultural soup, but I'm incapable of valuing other cultures for the exact same reason. This is the ultimate post-capitalist cultureless shithole.

The only feeling I have for this country is a vague sense that it used to be something, some kind of quaint loyalist frontier identity with enough spunk to take a beach at D-Day and protect our trade interests, but then we took that something and turned it into a society modelled on an anthill.
>>
>>1128041
Are you fucking retarded? Why would you want to do that instead of just relocating within the USA?

You know that Canadians are all dying to move down to the USA, right?
>>
>>1128640
I'm from Toronto too, and the anon you replied to.

I'd say I pretty much agree... I'm not racist because I too grew up too multi-culti and some of my best friends are non-whites. I'm not against immigration per se, but I fail to see value in mass influxes of poorly educated, rather conservative proles from India or the Failipines, etc.. It's total fail as fuck to see some Punjabi family pushing along their 85-year old grandparents who they got in the country purely to use up our health care and social security, who themselves have contributed absolutely nothing to use up that value. This so their children can run a gas station to build mansions in the home village and buy nice 'traditional' wives back home and bring them here.

I live in Europe at the moment, and you can see the difference... where people are still generally either 1) 'somewhat culturally proud (not too much, lest they be taken for xenophobes) in a way that would be considered DAS RACIST in Canada. That or 2) they're totally full of cultural cringe and self-loathing and fetishize the Other and all their lovely exotic ways.
>>
>>1128682
Most obvious americunt in this thread
>>
>>1128763
I don't know, man. I got the other experience. I specifically traveled through other countries touted as multicultural and Canada actually did it better in a lot of ways. It isn't perfect as integration is a big problem but I think the fact that you CAN integrate if you really want to, is beautiful. I mean, I did. Almost got sucked into only having Filipino friends when I was younger but now my friends are from everywhere. My best group of friends are jokingly called the United Nations as we're all from everywhere.

Places like Sweden which are touted as meccas have real problems. Swedes are only hanging out with with Swedes for the most part. Made me sad as even coloured Swedes only really hung out with coloured Swedes despite growing up there.

I still don't like living in Canada but immigration is something we're doing a lot better than most of the world (even if it's still shit by your standards...then it's at least the least shittiest)
>>
>>1128640
Rob Ford voter,eh? Sad because the great white hope died like a junkie in an alley?
>>
>>1126524
>>1128048
>>1128763

I think Canada has good immigration policies. I must add however, when I watch NatGeo it's heartbreaking to me seeing the amount of white, middle-class people from countries like Australia, UK, NZ and especially US trying to move to Canada just to being labelled "Inadmissible to Canada" by CBSA due past record of things like traffic infractions, fighting or smoking weed at high school, being drunk at street, losing tempers with his kid at Wallmart or with his wife at home and even littering. These are not nice things, sure, but nothing compared to the usual record of American scumbags trying to cross Mexican border.

Indians, Haitians, Filipinos, etc. aren't refused to Canada over such shenanigans since these countries usually don't enforce laws against minor misbehaviour. So although I approve Canada concern over bringing dangerous people in, I think such overkill creates a system that favours countries with poor law enforcement, and causes Canada to shoot its own foot by wasting opportunities of assimilating more educated, English-fluent, skilled, culturally compatible people in its immigrantion mix. Canada should overlook minor misbehaviour Third World aren't used to punish at its border for immigrants from more educated/compatible countries and then use its law enforcement system quickly agaist those who missteps inside the country - an easy thing to do given how good Canadian police is. It would worth let misdemeanor raise a bit to a not-so-lower-than-US rate in exchange of raising population a bit faster and raising wealth/pension more faster.
>>
>>1125606
It only seems like nobody lives there because the people are so bland you hardly notice them.
>>
>>1128772
No I'm not

but tell me EXACTLY why anyone in the right mind would you want to move to Canada instead of just relocating within the USA?
>>
>>1129111
Wouldn't have to deal with Gun nuts or Bible freaks. Zero fear of being gunned down while doing something ordinary. Cops are relatively chill (still professional) and the peculiar kind of 'roided-up cowboy attitude is non-existent here. The attitude to pot (if that's your thing) is pretty relaxed everywhere. In the states, your life can be ruined for smoking a J on your porch. Here, in most places, the cops don't care if you're not bothering anyone.

Although I don't think Canada's health care system is that great (compared to much of Europe for example), it is in many ways simply better for the average joe than in the US. In the US, you can buy your way to the front of the line, which you can't really do in Canada though. In general in the US, if you have money, you can buy your way to the front of everything. That attitude is not really respected much in Canada.

Perhaps you like the cold, the calm, the relatively pristine natural environments (which sure, also exist in many parts of the US, minus all the large animals, but in Canada it's really pristine).

Plenty of Americans are friendly and helpful people, but in Canada too it tends to be a simple straight-up kind of thing. No one's ever going to launch into a conversion attempt and praise Jesus after being kind. You can generally trust people more.

Outside of the big cities, no nigs. Yes, you read that right... NO NIGS. Even in the big cities, most blacks folks are just that... ordinary black folks. Nigs and thugs and such are pretty rare. We do have Indians though.
>>
>>1129123
Just based on statistics, your fear of being "gunned down" should be minimal to nothing in the States as long as you don't live in one of the Miniature Sudanese Republics (AKA major cities). White-on-white gun crime basically does not exist, and even where it does, it's white trash only. Stay away from meth heads and you're fine.

Health care I can't argue with you about because I've lived here my whole life and benefited from it without ever having to worry about insurance or anything like that. I can't imagine being at the poverty line and having to worry about your life's plans being destroyed by a relatively minor illness or injury.

In many of the cities though, natives are actually WORSE then US blacks.
>>
>live in Halifax
>literally nothing to do but look at the ocean 24/7

Cozy, yet leaves more to be desired. Maybe that's why I visit slavlands, for excitement.
>>
>>1125606
Because our abbos don't breed as quickly as niggers
>>
File: 1463945440312.png (501 KB, 600x592) Image search: [Google]
1463945440312.png
501 KB, 600x592
>>1126675
>>>Plebbit
Thread replies: 43
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.