[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
i'm in the planning stages of a trip up The Pacific Coast
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /trv/ - Travel

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 4
File: PCHcali.gif (122 KB, 690x589) Image search: [Google]
PCHcali.gif
122 KB, 690x589
i'm in the planning stages of a trip up The Pacific Coast that I'll be making in August. I'm moving from Las Vegas to Spokane, Washington with my wife and we decided to take the very scenic route, and the Pacific Coast Highway is a trip that we've both wanted to do for a while.

I've figured out most of the stops along the way, have some couches to crash on, but I still haven't found a place to stop on the coast in Northern California. Talking to people from around there, apparently I'm not likely to, so I'll probably end up camping out that night, but I still expect a phenomenal road trip.

Right now i'm preparing my 1991 geo metro for the trip. I'm going to be going to a shop with some friends and doing some maintenance, and probably looking at the engine to make sure it can handle the whole trip.
>>
Are you on a tight schedule? Aside from the usual cities, make sure you go to Redwood National Park which is right on your itinerary. If you have time to kill head up to Sequoia and Yosemite NP's.
>>
>>1125345
A little bit. There's not going to be any rush on our part, but we want to be done with the trip in about a week. We're going to be running on a budget of around $500, for 2 people, for gas and food, and I figure by around Newport, we might be running low, and that'll decide what the last leg of our trip looks like, whether we just cut through washington directly to spokane, or take the scenic route through northern washington.

Definitely going to stop through Redwood Natl Park.

The last stop on the coast is going to be Westport, Washington, before we cut inland. We've got a friend there that we're going to crash with before the last leg through washington.
>>
Any road smead planned? Def recommend road smead as it passes the time and goes great with a pretty drive
>>
>>1125527
I don't know what that is, or what that means.
>>
File: Capture.png (918 KB, 1108x976) Image search: [Google]
Capture.png
918 KB, 1108x976
Don't know if you're willing to add distance but 12 through Idaho is a beautiful drive and eastern Oregon is neat too.
>>
>>1125624
We want to do as much of the Pacific Coast as possible, so we're going to be going all the way from Long Beach, LA, CA, to Westport, WA, sticking as close to the coast as possible, and only leaving the coast once we finish our rest in Westport and head east towards Spokane.
>>
NorCal here. My wife and I stayed in Fort Bragg/Mendocino about a month ago. Mendo is a neat little town.
Skip Erueka. Crescent City is decent, and Gold Beach OR isn't too far over he border.
>>
>>1127486
We'll probably just find a place to camp out that night. The trip up the coast should be fantastic.
>>
File: newseat.jpg (98 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
newseat.jpg
98 KB, 1280x720
Update: Installed a new driver's seat, for to have maximum comfy in my vehicle.
>>
File: oldseat.jpg (132 KB, 720x1280) Image search: [Google]
oldseat.jpg
132 KB, 720x1280
And the old seat for comparison.

The original seat in a 25 year old Geo Metro doesn't really hold up too well.

Pulled the new one from a Kia Rio. A bit of bending, one hole in the floor, and it's good to go.
Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.