[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Portland Oregon
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /trv/ - Travel

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 3
File: I'm okay with this.gif (2 MB, 500x282) Image search: [Google]
I'm okay with this.gif
2 MB, 500x282
I'm in Portland for the next few weeks, what is there to do here? I'm not 21
>>
>>1124777
Drugs
>>
>>1124777
Buy a ticket to fly away from Portland.
>>
>>1124883
>>1124886
> t-thanks /trv/
>>
>>1124777
Gardens and food.
>>
Pine State Biscuits (giant biscuit sandwiches with fried chicken, bacon, etc.)

Oregon Rail Heritage Center (train museum holding several fully operational big ones)

Oregon Zoo

Also, Portland has tons outdoorsy thingies (it leads all other US cities in easy access to outdoor activities). Tons of mountain hiking opportunities, etc.
>>
Live shows, theatres, arcades. If I recall, portland has more strip clubs than any other city per square foot or something like that.
>>
File: waterfall.gif (2 MB, 1280x480) Image search: [Google]
waterfall.gif
2 MB, 1280x480
>bump
>>
File: IMG_0193.jpg (87 KB, 720x1280) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0193.jpg
87 KB, 720x1280
Native Portlander here.

Stay away from Downtown. Inner Northeast and Southeast portland are the cool areas with all the good food/nightlife. Couple things right off the bat. Alberta arts district, Mississippi ave, Division and 30th ave. and even St. John's neighborhoods are all cool places to walk around. Check out Hawthorne Theater for any good shows coming up.

Also try to get out of Portland if you can. There's tons of great hiking/nature all around the city.

Cheers, I'll be lurking if you have any specific questions.
>>
>>1125578
what trails/ rivers are good for hiking or river rafting or whatever?
>>
>>1125579

The Columbia River Gorge is awesome, it's about 20-25 mins east of Portland, if you have a car you can cruise highway 30, tons of waterfalls and short to medium distance hikes
http://www.oregonhikers.org/field_guide/Columbia_River_Gorge_Hikes

Closer to the city northwest of Portland there's Forest park, I live on the outer-east side so I don't go there much.

As for rafting, the Deschutes River has lots of good rafting. You can get guided tours and rentals for the river, I don't know where exactly but google can help you with that. This time of year is the best for rafting, the rivers are swollen with snow melt.
>>
>>1125579
>>1125581
^^ mostly this

if you're generally fit, and into nature, climb Mt. Hood.
>>
>>1125581
>>1125583
thanks! I'll check this stuff out
>>
>>1125579
Multnomah falls too
>>
>>1124777
Eat at Fire on the Mountain
Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.