[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
PHILADELPHIA - ATLANTIC CITY This Friday I will be flying in
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /trv/ - Travel

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 1
File: image.jpg (15 KB, 251x201) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
15 KB, 251x201
PHILADELPHIA - ATLANTIC CITY

This Friday I will be flying in to Philly then going to Atlantic city for a wedding. Have already spent a few days in AC previously, mostly enjoined the boardwalk n the stray cats on the beach.
Any recommendations for Philly? What to do what to see best cheesesteak? I am in to good neighborhoods and love historic cities, good architecture and lively places. Also any thing in AC I should do other than the boardwalk?
Thanks
>>
>>1124371
Check out Eastern State Penitentiary while you're in Philly. The audio tour is narrated by Steve Buscemi. Also, check out Old City.
>>
Thanks
>>
>>1124371
Jim on South St for a cheesesteak. Avoid Pat's and Gino's, they are tourist traps, and mostly only good if you are shitfaced at 2am when the bars close, and want some greasy food to fill your gut.

Old City, and Independence Hall, if you want some history. You can see the Liberty Bell near the hall as well. Museum of Art on the Ben Franklin Parkway has some interest stuff, if you're into that. Also, city hall has some nice architecture.

Lively depends on your scene. If you're a hipster, but don't want to go to Fishtown (which is part of the city, but outside of Center City), go to either Tattoo Mom's on South St, which is mostly Punk aesthetic, or The P.O.P.E. (Pub On Passyunk East). Both usually have a fair amount of people there, and are easy if you only plan on staying in roughly the same area. There is also Johnny Brenda's, Kung Fu Necktie, and The Barbary, but those are hit and miss, and like I said, mostly hipster spots.

If you want a good burger, in a good bar, that is lively, but not a shitshow, go to The Royal Tavern. The burger there is great, and the beer selection is pretty good. They also have some vegetarian/vegan menu items, if that's your thing. There is also a place called "The Dive" right next to it, which very much lives up to its name.
>>
>>1124696
Thanks for this response you killed it.
What neighborhoods are best to bum around in for a few hours? Looking for good communities or to make it easier, looking for the neighborhoods here milinials hang out. Just name a few cool neighborhoods if u could and il do some research.
Thanks
>>
>>1124371

This might be the trashiest trip ever taken.
>>
>>1124875
Manayunk
Fishtown
Mt. Airy. Formerly Jewish now boogie Black now eyed by hipsters. My uncle who was a police inspector lived there.
Check out the Mutter Museum,Philly Museum of Art. Go inside after you run up the steps. Look at Rocky statue on the way down.
>>
>>1124882
Ya ur so cool man all your trips r sooo cool. Ur the shit, the god of traveling, please let me smell ur backpack that u use to travel the globe with the coolest trips ever.
Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.