[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>that empty feeling when you get back home after a trip How
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /trv/ - Travel

Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 6
File: keeper of the light.png (415 KB, 1922x1296) Image search: [Google]
keeper of the light.png
415 KB, 1922x1296
>that empty feeling when you get back home after a trip

How do you cope, /trv/?
>>
Only empty feeling I have is my bank account for a month or two. I'm still on a high when I get home, reminiscing about everything I did while traveling, and planning my next trip
>>
>>1124057
Start counting down the days until your next trip
>>
File: 1446647344063.png (16 KB, 200x300) Image search: [Google]
1446647344063.png
16 KB, 200x300
>>1124057
Unpack all the cool shit I got. Talk extensively about my experience with everybody. Plan my next trip.
>>
>>1124057
Address the reason why you are going travelling in the first place. Is it because your life at home is boring and shitty or because you want to explore something new?

I don't mind being back home. It's cozy and I'm generally pretty happy with my job and gf.

Try to achieve some balance OP and you won't feel bad when you are not travelling.
>>
File: glenda.jpg (120 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
glenda.jpg
120 KB, 1920x1080
>that comfy feeling the first night back in your own bed after a long trip

seriously one of the best feelings in the world. i love travel, but glenda the good witch hit the nail on the fuckin head
>>
>>1124098
That is a great feel. Just got back last night and one of the first things ny wife said morning was how much she missed our bed
>>
>>1124057
I take roughly 643.863,092.727 pictures traveling, so I can spend a fair amount of time reliving my trip as I sort through my pics, discard bad ones etc.
>>
>>1124098
>tfw first bowl alone at home after a long vacation/tolerance break

It's an unexplainable feeling, tbqh.
>>
File: 1463538687065.jpg (182 KB, 1242x2208) Image search: [Google]
1463538687065.jpg
182 KB, 1242x2208
>>1124057
It took me 3 months to fully recover from my trip last summer. I developed a crush on a girl I was travelling with. Going from seeing the girl you fancy every day to never again is quite difficult. Felt bad man
>>
>>1124210
Who was she? Someone you met at a hostel? Try to man up next time and say you like her. I've done it a number of times and It's almost always gone badly for me but at least I have no regrets.
>>
Does anyone else find normal social interaction almost totally impossible when they get back from a trip alone?

I've just come back from my first long solo trip and I've found that the bubble of travel where you have numerous shallow, fakely friendly talks with people you know you'll never see again have left me pretty bad at handling an average conversation with any depth. Either I'll be harsher than I mean, or sillier, coming across as tryhard or whatever. Is sort of what I imagine is being an autist is like. Not that all conversations abroad are bad, I've had some great ones, but they lack an edge of long term consequence that everything you do at home has, since you don't just leave somebody's life after a couple of days.

It's getting better, and I'm slowly getting back into things but it came as a pretty big surprise.
>>
>>1124502
No, I was travelling with schoolmates

>be me
>broke with dreams of international travel in senior year high school
>never interact with anyone in school, one level before full autism
>hear the drama department at my school is fundraising to perform at a drama festival in Edinburgh
>fuck_it.jpg
>man up, march into the Theatre teachers office and sell my ass off talking out my ass about how he should let me come along and do the sound for the play they were putting on
>he says yes
>now in a turn of events i, a kissless virgin /pol/lack, am going to another continent with the most popular and liberal group of people you will ever come across

1/2
>>
>>1124502
>>1124729

>fast forward a few months and I am going to all the rehearsals and shit before we go
>fundraise like $2k
>still don't know any of the other 20 kids I'm going with

>now we are in Scotland
>"get into groups of four to walk around edinburgh"
>get ready to kms because nobody wants the weirdo guy in their group
>then out of nowhere the prettiest and one of the most popular girls in our group asks me if I want to go with her and a couple others to see some late-night plays
>I agree
>>
>>1124729
>frogposter and /pol/ack
Yeah this is gonna end very well
>>
>>1124502
>>1124729
>>1124731
Nvm this is gonna take 3

>after seeing plays with her, I start worming my way into the group
>joke around with her regularly
>somehow manage to get the seat next to her on a four hour train ride
>have one of the best conversations of my life
>she asks me about history because she knew I was a history buff
>for the next three weeks in the UK we talk and I start making friends with a bunch of other people
>first girl i've genuinely liked in like 4 years
>I even tell her about how I have OCD and tourette's, which I usually keep secret

>get back to USA, I expect to be friends
>only hear from anyone when they have a play they want me to go pay to see
>go to every play because I want that feeling again

I think they all just pitied me and wanted to jew me into seeing their plays. Feels bad man
>>
File: 1464240436042.jpg (44 KB, 650x666) Image search: [Google]
1464240436042.jpg
44 KB, 650x666
>>1124737
I grew out of /pol/

I think...
>>
File: 1463965612098.jpg (253 KB, 1080x1283) Image search: [Google]
1463965612098.jpg
253 KB, 1080x1283
>>1124737
underrated reply
>>
>>1124098
What the fuck?

Every single hotel bed I've ever had is better than the one I have at home.....and probably about 60% of hostel beds.
>>
>>1124098

Though last time after camping at a festival for 2 weeks, the moment I got in own bed was the moment I started missing my dirty tent, lying on a shitty airbed in a pool of my own sweat.
>>
>>1124773
It isn't just about the bed itself, it's about being surrounded by things you know in an environment that's so familiar. Pure /comfy/ in every way.
>>
>>1124773
>>1124809

Also, get a nice bed. I finally shelled out for some hybrid coil/memory foam mattresses and now my bed is the comfiest bed I could sleep in, hotels and everything. I would call it one of my best investments.
>>
>>1124773
The only beds and pillows that seem to be as good, if not better than mine is Holiday Inns, for some reason, it's like sleeping on a cloud. All things equal I always book with them. Just stayed in one in S. Florida, and I will be staying Holiday Inn Silom during my stay in Bangkok
>>
>>1124553
Are you an American, because this is how most of are interactions are anyway. Especially on the West Coast
>>
>>1124809
This, my mattress is pretty shit but I'm always comfy when I finally get back on it.
>>
>>1124773
>>1124790
>>1124809
>>1124835
>>1124837
>>1124860
Samefag
Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.