[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Hello /trv/. I am planning on traveling to South Korea in November
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /trv/ - Travel

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 1
File: hello-yes-this-is-dog.png (232 KB, 500x409) Image search: [Google]
hello-yes-this-is-dog.png
232 KB, 500x409
Hello /trv/. I am planning on traveling to South Korea in November (right after thanksgiving) for 10 days, and I need some protips on what touristy stuff is worth doing. I plan on visiting Seoul, Busan, the DMZ, and the coasts while I am there.

Additional information on how far Korail/KTX will get me around the country would be nice.

Take this offering of pic unrelated in exchange for knowledge.
>>
>>1123902
I'm going to Seoul for a week. Bump.
>>
For the DMZ, go through USO. In Seoul: Hongdae, Itaewon, Bukchon Hanok Village, Noryangjin Fish Market, The War Memorial and Museum.
>>
>>1124296
Thanks!
>>
Also going to Seoul, bump
>>
Seoul:
>Nightlife
Gangnam if you have some cash to blow. More mid 20's to early 30's congregate here.
Hongdae if you're college aged. If you're too old, they will NOT let you in to the clubs
Itaewon if you want to mingle with other foreigners.
There are other places in Seoul offering nightlife but you may not have the best time. These 3 are definitively the tourist places
>Basic tourist shit
Cheonggyecheon is a very popular destination.
Namdaemun, one of the oldest buildings in SK. Namdaemun market is close by. I recommend a visit personally
Insadong is the central place to visit for all things Korean culture. Antique shops and many traditional stores.
Namsan Tower an observation tower in Namsan mountain. Won't take long to get there by bus.

There's more so if you're looking for something specific, ask

Busan:
>Nightlife, Basic tourist shit etc.
Haeundae is literally the only thing worth visiting in Busan.
You can visit Yongdusan Park which has an observation tower but why do that when Namsan Tower does the same thing but better?

>DMZ
idk, never been

>The coasts
Where? SK is basically an island so saying "coast" isn't being very specific.
>>
The spa in busan is great!
>>
I'm also going tomorrow! I'm a Korea-born but LA based girl and I honestly don't know much about Korea. The only perk that I have is that I can read/write/speak Korean and that I'm staying at my grandparents place. So bump.
>>
>>1126554
Same thing with me except im NY based boy
>>
>>1126428
>haeundae is the only place worth going in busan
Have you not been to Seomyeon or Nampo or Gwangan? Those places are significantly better than overcrowded beaches and western pubs.

Busan is a pretty big city man.
>>
>>1126613
kik me! katbox1
>>
>>1126660
you got an email? can't use kik atm
>>
>>1126660
my emails korearules010 gmail
>>
>>1126428
>Hongdae if you're college aged. If you're too old, they will NOT let you in to the clubs
Is 25 too old
>>
If you want to check out Buddhist culture, head over to Bongeunsa in Seoul on a Thursday. They do tours of temple life that's pretty immersive.

I know you're going in November, but to anyone else traveling during the summer months, go to a baseball game. It's insane compared to a baseball game in the states.

As the other anon mentioned, take the DMZ tour through the USO. Highly recommended. Expect the tour to last all afternoon.

Took a bullet train to Gyeongju. Lots of archaeological and cultural sites there.

Wanted to go to Lotte World to see what that was all about, but never made it.
Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.