[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Im leaving for eastern europe in july and would like to know
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /trv/ - Travel

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 2
File: KYI1_4_Krakow.jpg (561 KB, 1800x1040) Image search: [Google]
KYI1_4_Krakow.jpg
561 KB, 1800x1040
Im leaving for eastern europe in july and would like to know any advice, cool place/things to do etc
Here our schedule:
Prague 4 days
Vienna 2 days
Bratislava 3 days
Zakopane 3 days
Krakow 4 days
Wroclaw 4 days
Prague 1 day hop on the plane

Ive read some stuff about bratislava can be seen in one day but im mainly going to have fun with my friends so its ok if we dont see new things everyday
>>
I'd move a day from Bratislava, Zakopane or Wrocław to Vienna, there's a lot to see there and you'll run out of time with just 2 days. Otherwise a solid list.
>>
Bratislava: can be done it 6 hours
I think you could dedicate some days from Bratislava and go for Vienna for an extra day or get a train to Brno
Krakow: can be done in 2 days easily, I suppose you can visit the salt mines and concentration camps for the other 2 days while there
>>
>>1123867
Zakopane is honestly not worth it unless you really like mountains, nature etc. Add a day or two to Prague or Vienna. Wrocław can be probably done in 1 day less as well, unless you want to go really in-depth.
Im not sure about Bratislava.
You could go visit Auschwitz while you are at it as well, although i am not wsure if it will fit what you want to do.
>>
>>1123980
>>1123963
>>1123870
Thanks you for the time you took to write this but im more interested to hear your story about your visit.
What place do you remember the most ?
What mistake did you make ?
What would you do if you could go back ?
What food you would go back to eat ?
Etc
>>
>>1123867
bumpo
>>
>>1123867
nice eastern europe there, have my sage
>>
Spend a day in Bratislava.

There's a club inside a badass WWII bunker. Go there -- it's a good time
>>
The poland part seems far too long, i would cut 3/4 days from that and add budapest
>>
>>1124127
mistakes ? I lived in Wrocław for 4 years...just kidding. its not a bad place.
but I'd say it can be done in 2 days

Kraków is nice, I bet you'll enjoy it

as for zakopane>>1123980
I partially agree with this guy. 1-2 days max

As for Auschwitz...it is not a pleasant experience
>>
>>1124397
Interesting, im gonna try to do that
>>1124403
We wanted to go to budapest but feared we would loose to much time traveling..

This make me think : How sould we go about using the train ? Buy pass before hand or on the spot? maybe use co-driving network ? Any thing we should know about the trains etc
>>1124407
Haha thanks for that
>>
>>1124418
>We wanted to go to budapest but feared we would loose to much time traveling..

The train ride from Bratislava to Budapest takes 2 hours and 40 minutes. That is managable. Bratislava to Vienna is about 1 hour.
>>
>>1124418
>Any thing we should know about the trains etc

they've got windows, seats, wheels, doors and toilets most of the time, they are pulled by a locomotive which results in you moving to your destination
>>
>the meme parts of Central and E Europe
I bet you're not even into Orthodoxy, feg
>>
File: DSCN0453.jpg (4 MB, 5152x3864) Image search: [Google]
DSCN0453.jpg
4 MB, 5152x3864
If you are going to Prague do not miss:
Charles Bridge in Prague
Old Town Square
Prague Castle
Žižkov Tower
Go around Kampa at night with some bottled beer
Prašná Brána near Náměstí Republiky
Vyšehrad
Náměstí Jiřího z Poděbrad
If you plan to also have some trips, then consider Terezín, Český Krumlov, Karlovy Vary or Castle Karlštejn.
>>
>>1123867
>Wroclaw 4 days
>Bratislava 3 days
>Zakopane 3 days
Take away 3 days from Wroclaw, 2 from Bratislava, and 1 from Zakopane.
>>
>>1125517
>Terezín, Český Krumlov, Karlovy Vary or Castle Karlštejn.
I would suggest Cesky Krumlov over Karlovy Vary
>>
>>1125517
>>1125531
>>1125533
Thank you !
>>1124483
what
Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.