[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Is it worth traveling to Faroe Islands? I've always wanted
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /trv/ - Travel

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 2
File: Faroe_Islands_flag.jpg (1 MB, 4256x2848) Image search: [Google]
Faroe_Islands_flag.jpg
1 MB, 4256x2848
Is it worth traveling to Faroe Islands? I've always wanted to visit a scandinavian country. My original idea was Iceland but recently I've been leaning more towards F.I.

Is there anything worth doing? Seems like a chill place. Has anyone been there? Experiences?
>>
File: IMGP2141.jpg (3 MB, 3008x2000) Image search: [Google]
IMGP2141.jpg
3 MB, 3008x2000
I was there for only five days but it was a very great time, rented a car and drove around and thought the landscape was fantastic. I would tie it into a trip with Iceland (I flew in and out of rekyavik) and do them both, if you have to choose, prob Iceland is cheaper and more worthwhile, but I really loved FI
>>
What are faoese(lol is that a thing?) people like?
>>
>>1123453
Do it, anon. I'll go Iceland and Faroe Islands in september
>>
>>1123453
I very much want to sail from the Orkney Islands to the Faroe, to Greenland but I dont know how.
>>
>>1124428
A boat might be of help
>>
>>1124440
Meant finding a crew is hard, I've heard of a few people getting together and splitting the costs but I cant find anyone.
>>
>>1124443
have you tried crew websites? I've been on tons of free rides, though you don't always get to pick the destination nor the time. If you're available anytime, you'll find something for sure. I did Spain-Caribbean and England-Greece all for free.
>>
Thinking of taking a small trip in the Netherlands and Denmark through Germany and taking the ferry to the Faroe Islands in about a year.

Would /trv/ recommend? Anyone here who took that ferry?
>>
>>1125040
Do you mind talking more about your experience? That sounds cool as fuq. Did you have ship experience before those?
>>
>>1125218
I did a two-week sailing course with RYA (day skipper) and then flew to the canary islands, where everybody gathers in november/december to cross the atlantic. I just spent a week walking the docks asking everybody to take me across (not autist-like, just make small talk and then slide in the fact that you're also a 'sailor' and looking for a ship); eventually somebody said yes. One of their crew dropped out at the last minute and they needed to cover him, so all expenses had already been paid, etc.

But actually I met so many people with no exp at all, still getting on boats. It's all up to your people skills. If you're a girl, it's life on easy-mode, there's boats paying you to go with them and work as an on-board hostess. Once on the other side of the atlantic it's the same, just talk, mingle, and you'll find tons of boats cruising the islands. If you're willing to pay for your share of the ride it's even easier, people were asking from £500 to upt to £1500 for about 3 weeks of sailing plus a few days before and after.

Once you've done that, just sign up on any sailing website and say you've crossed the atlantic already and you're looking for another adventure, if you're flexible you'll get tons of offers.
>>
Not OP but also interested in Faroe Islands

Is it worth visiting in Winter? Is there anything better or worse about it then? I only get long holidays in December so just tossing up what might be a good destination choice
Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.