[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Stuck at the airport for an hour overlay. What does /trv/ like
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /trv/ - Travel

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 1
File: 1449014527227.jpg (150 KB, 640x640) Image search: [Google]
1449014527227.jpg
150 KB, 640x640
Stuck at the airport for an hour overlay. What does /trv/ like to do while waiting for a connecting flight?
>>
>>1122906
get outside and see the city where i am stuck in
>>
>>1122906
Wait for my damn flight. Either stoically or entertain myself.

>>1122907
>implying there is any city where you can do that with a layover under 4 hours

>not factoring leaving airport to centre (1,5 both ways)
>not factoring seeing or doing something (minimum .5hrs)
>security for 1 hour depending on airport
>gates close 40 minutes to an hour before take off
>>
Sit at the bar.
>>
>>1122906

Depends where I'm in transit between.

- Between two third-world countries: stock up on reading material, probiotics, electronics if needed, enjoy a coffee, other hard to come by first-world items.
- Between two asian countries: stock up on western sized condoms and western sized genuine shoes if I'm chasing a pair.

Then depends on how long of a layover.

- < 6 hours: Head to the bar, read up about next country if first time visiting, otherwise just get plastered.
- > 6 hours: generally avoid long layovers in shitty airports, so head to the airport hotel or cinema or rest area and crash until boarding.
>>
>>1122906
Hang out at the business class lounge for free booze
>>
>>1122939
Except if it's a tiny third world airport with no lounge...
>>
>>1122906
>an hour overlay
That's barely time to safely make your connection. Just get to your next flight. If you're lucky, you'll have time to buy a bottle of water.

If you're unlucky then you have to go through a security checkpoint and miss your flight. That's only in the west though.
>>
>>1122906
>overlay
Also, it's layover.
I guess I replied to your bait.
>>
>>1122906
>Baiting with a pic of a girI in an attempt to get others to do his research for him

Nah, you're a fucking faggot OP.
Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.