[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Operation Unthinkable
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /trv/ - Travel

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 6
Hay there folks! Im trying to plan and execute a very ambitious trip that i will be starting next summer. Bare with my story telling formate lol.

The general route of this adventurous plan is to backpack from the Island of Java in Indonesia through Sumatra and into Singapore and Malaysia.I would continue up the coast to the ferociously fun filled conquests in Thailand through Bangkok to Cambodia, then i go up the coast of Vietnam into China eventually arriving at Kunming.

My unstoppable Blitzkrieg would thrust east from here making many stops on the way to Hong Kong. From Hong Kong, my armies will seek to envelope ether Shanghai or multiple cheaper targets on the way to the outstanding cultural, social and historical conquest of Beijing and its surrounding area.

From Beijing, an intense command crisis will issue; as me, 4chan and i decide to determine if we have the resources, to continue the cultural conquest north across the boarder into Mongolia; by engaging the nations capital of Ulaanbaatar.

(Considering ending the trip here in order to have more time to explore the previous regions thoroughly explained.)

FUTHERMORE; with overextended forces, straining supply lines and an incredible amount of fun successfully attained; My operations will continue north to Lake Baikal in Russia then cut east on the Tran-Siberian Railway, eventually bringing my unstoppable swag to that of Moscow and Saint Petersburg.

MY QUESTIONS:

What do we think of this plan? Critique it please.

How long would you need to make a trip like this happen? 6 Months?

How much money would you save to conduct a travel operation on this scale? 10k?

Would i need a international drivers license to drive a motor scooter in South East Asia?

The operation will start in JUNE, traveling ALONE and it will start in the city of JAKARTA, INDONESIA. THOUGHTS? FEELINGS? EMOTIONS?

-Thanks friends.
>>
>>1122741
literally youre not going to actually do this, you're just another NEET with an overactive imagination. Don't waste our fucking time kid.
>>
http://www.autism-society.org/get-involved/national-autism-awareness-month/
>>
>>1122802

OP here, thanks for the reply!

This is what i need to hear; i don't mind the challenge amigo! I feel i will be fully capable of making this trip happen. Considering the fact i graduate collage next May; i have no reason not to attempt to see as many cities and sights and humanly possible during this trip. ill be 27 and experienced; having backpacked multiple continents prior to doing this trip. I consider myself in my prime.

I realized what I'm getting into, and I'm aware this trip is stacked. Ill have to do a lot of preparation and homework. This trip won't be easy to pull off. The more i think about it...the more i love it, so bring it the fuck on!

So do me a favor and shoot me some proper advice rather than proper pessimism!
>>
File: th-1.jpg (9 KB, 300x146) Image search: [Google]
th-1.jpg
9 KB, 300x146
>>1122802

OP, here again.
>>
>>1122830

Check out this internet diagnosis.
>>
6 months should be more than enough.
10k should do.
The visas for China and Russia may be a pain, as well as crossing the borders by land. Research on Thorntree.
Technically you need a license in SEA but literally nobody bothers with this rule. Every tourist drives a motorbike down there. However border crossings might be difficult or require bribery if you want to bring a bike across without a license.
I can't stir up much excitement for you because you write like a 14-year-old girl. Sorry.
I hope you go through with this. Have fun.
>>
>>1122832
What the fuck did you just fucking say about me, you little bitch? I’ll have you know I graduated top of my class in the Navy Seals, and I’ve been involved in numerous secret raids on Al-Quaeda, and I have over 300 confirmed kills. I am trained in gorilla warfare and I’m the top sniper in the entire US armed forces. You are nothing to me but just another target. I will wipe you the fuck out with precision the likes of which has never been seen before on this Earth, mark my fucking words. You think you can get away with saying that shit to me over the Internet? Think again, fucker. As we speak I am contacting my secret network of spies across the USA and your IP is being traced right now so you better prepare for the storm, maggot. The storm that wipes out the pathetic little thing you call your life. You’re fucking dead, kid. I can be anywhere, anytime, and I can kill you in over seven hundred ways, and that’s just with my bare hands. Not only am I extensively trained in unarmed combat, but I have access to the entire arsenal of the United States Marine Corps and I will use it to its full extent to wipe your miserable ass off the face of the continent, you little shit. If only you could have known what unholy retribution your little “clever” comment was about to bring down upon you, maybe you would have held your fucking tongue. But you couldn’t, you didn’t, and now you’re paying the price, you goddamn idiot. I will shit fury all over you and you will drown in it. You’re fucking dead, kiddo.
>>
>>1122741
You'll need a multiple-entry visa for China, or two visas. Easiest to get one visa in BKK with fake flight/hotel bookings and a new visa in HK from a travel agent.
>>
>>1122891

Thanks for the info bud! Helps a lot! Its so going down amigo. Hahaha, i typed it in like five minutes, after finishing a book on world war II lol.

Im gonna bring particular books along that have historical significance for the country I'm in. this should add so much knowledge and growth too the trip. Currently researching the tools necessary to camp/backpack in particular parts of Mongolia. Shoot me some advice if you have done this!
>>
>>1122891
>>
Do we think that someone could get a job teaching english with a History degree while on a trip like this? In South East Asia that is.
>>
File: Unknown.jpg (5 KB, 318x159) Image search: [Google]
Unknown.jpg
5 KB, 318x159
>>1123032

Excellent advice! ill investigate the visa complications. China has to happen, i mean that country has so much to offer. I feel like that nation is going to have a massive amount of influence in the future.
>>
>>1122891
>Research on Thorntree.
GUMtree is better
>>
File: mjijllj.jpg (32 KB, 477x500) Image search: [Google]
mjijllj.jpg
32 KB, 477x500
This thread is so fucking autistic
Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.