[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How single friendly is Paris as well as the rest of France? I'm
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /trv/ - Travel

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1
File: image.jpg (4 MB, 3840x2511) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
4 MB, 3840x2511
How single friendly is Paris as well as the rest of France? I'm thinking of traveling there by myself and don't really want to stay in a hostel either. I'm just wondering if most of the things to see and do there are more targeted towards couples and romance.
>>
>>1122015
Is this the /trv/ equivalent of /tv/'s meme about the "no singles policy" in cinemas? What are you even asking about? Will the French allow you to book a hotel room for one person? Yes. Will the French sell you a single ticket to the Louvre? Yes. Will teenagers laugh and throw stones at you for eating lunch in a cafe alone? Highly improbable. The city is full of tour groups, school groups, couples and - yes - people going about their business alone.
>>
>>1122016
No I mean I just imagined that a city that's known for being a romantic destination would have attractions more oriented for couples like gondola rides and stuff like that.
>>
>>1122017
Well what are you interested in? It's the second largest city in Europe; you can find plenty of things to entertain yourself, not least the museums.
>>
>>1122017
The short answer is: no
Don't worry, it's not a love theme park
>>
>>1122021
I like soccer and I'm going to try to book the trip when PSG are playing at home. Besides that, I make sure to check out as many museums as I can and I really just like wandering around a city and getting lost. I'm not really one for bars and clubs, especially when traveling alone and I don't anticipate meeting new friends there as I prefer to travel completely alone or with people I already know.
>>
>>1122017
I know that's the picture people paint of Paris but it's simply not true. It's the biggest city in France and one of the biggest in Europe, there's people going about their daily lives just like in any other big city around the around. You'll blend in with no issues.
>>
>>1122062
Paris is one of the best cities to get lost in. I've had a lot of fun wandering around different neighborhoods and taking in the sights. They've also got amazing museums like the Lourve and the Orsay. You'll be fine traveling there alone.
>>
>>1122082
I'm assuming op is american or maybe from OZ.

paris is a tiny city on the international scale. a lot of the problems with the french economy trace back to how small paris is, and just how few people are actually able to get along with business in the city because of it.

it is a city built around finery. that's mostly what hampers it from being a tech capital. the capital investment all happens in bordeaux. paris just had politics
>>
>>1122015
Pretty friendly if you're from North Africa, lots of ficki ficki to be had.
>>
I haad some of my best tinder dates come from paris.
That said, I sti felt so alone when the rain came and I inside a brasserei at 11pm sipping a cognac alone while the spotlight of the tower signalled every few. God I wish I had love. Tinder is so empty.
>>
Cool, thanks everyone. And aside from Paris are there any other cities I should check out? I always wanted to go to Monaco but that might not be in budget and Nice seems like a beach resort type place which isn't what I'm looking to do on this trip.
Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.