[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Question regarding Doha airport
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /trv/ - Travel

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 1
File: doha-airport09.jpg (522 KB, 960x475) Image search: [Google]
doha-airport09.jpg
522 KB, 960x475
Hi /trv/

I thought this would be the best place to ask this:

I am planning to fly from Oslo to Manila through Qatar airways, but the ticket I am planning to take, the transit time in Doha is only 45 minutes.
This concerns me, as I have had bad experience of this. I fear that the airport would be too large and there's so many security processes, that I would most likely miss the flight. Something that happened in Schiphol a while back, where my transit stay was 50 min

Anyone got experience with Doha here?
I guess it would be similar to Dubai, which I've been at.
I remember when I had a transit there, and that place was absolutely overcrowded
Though I had to recheck in, I felt I would probably spend 1-2+ hours if I just had to go to the transfer gateand I had to recheck in

Despite having 6 hours, when I finally got through the entire re-check in process, I only had one hour left when I got to the gate

So is Doha like Hell to get through, or is it smaller than Schiphol?
>>
I have no particular experience with Doha, but it def sounds tight.

Problem is that some online sales sites really don't think about this. But if you have bought the ticket directly from the airline, then they will put you on the next flight. If you haven't bought it from the airline, you could get screwed.

Also, you might reach the flight, but it is quite likely that your luggage will not.
>>
>>1121846
I haven't bought ticket yet, but I plan to buy it directly from the airline.
So you're sure Qatar Airways will put me on the next flight without any problem if ever I miss the flight?
>>
>>1121859
If you have bought the ticket directly through them, then it really should not be a problem, they will rebook you for free if you miss the flight. 45 minutes is tight, but maybe it's planned in a way the gates are very close to each other. My guess is if your plane is on time you'll have staff waiting for you at the gate and guide you to the plane directly.

Just make sure you don't need to use the bathroom right after you get off the plane. Assume you need to run straight to the next gate.
>>
>>1121961
Are you the same guy who replied above?
Because I would like to know if there's any security checks for transit flights, even if arrived from the Schengen area

If not, then, 45min would be fine
>>
I haven't transited in Doha (yet), but it's mainly a hub airport - most people only connect there, and Qatar airways specifically plans its connections.
So if they are selling a ticket with this connection, they probably know what they are doing.

I've been on similar connections elsewhere, and the gates were really close to each other (though there was a security control in the middle).

The above is assuming you are buying one ticket with two flights, not two separate tickets (in the latter case - no way).
>>
>>1121842
I literally just did sin-doh-cph today. Had 75 minute layover, which was plenty of time.
My concern would not be in Doha, but in your case manila. Flights rarely leave on time there.
>>
>>1122040
I've seen that Doha doesn't seem to be that much of a busy airport, and that they have less passengers than even OSL annualy

My concern is if there will be security check, or a loooong queue for passport check.

>>1122063
As you went the other way around, I assume there was security checks and passport checks.
How long do you assume it took to go off the plane and get to the gate?
>>
>>1121995
>Are you the same guy who replied above?
Nope. That was me. Anon above is right though in every detail. And if the same airline sold you two flights so close to each other, through the official site, they will get you on that plane, or the next one, at no extra cost.
>>
>>1121842
why don't you call the airline and ask?
>>
>>1122068
I transited in Doha last year (the new airport), and there were neither security nor passport checks for the transit area. You can literally just walk to the gate, and I assume they will be close to each other.
>>
>>1122068
My bad I read it wrong.
I also did cph-doh-sin, but I had a 14 hour layover to visit a friend that lives in Qatar, but I did see the transit line for security.
Once you land in Doha, it was a 10 min walk from the gate to transit area, where the line was extremely long.
Everything depends on time though, midnight to 6 am is peak hour at Doha.

45 minutes is in theory enough and without hiccups you will make the connection no problem. If things are running late, you contact ground staff and they will expedite your transit or put you on a later flight if you miss it.

Qatar airways is a transit airline, majority of passengers at hamad are in transit so you're not alone.
>>
Not OP, but even thinking about visiting the city of Doha for a day or two in August is a stupid thought right?
>>
>>1122361
There really isn't much to do there desu.
It was stupid hot when I was there 2 weeks ago, 43 degrees and a sandstorm hit the city.
If you're into malls and shit then go for it, or if you just like collecting stamps in your passport.
>>
I have similar question
Has anyone rechecked-in at Bangkok?
How busy is that airport, and will 3 hours be enough?
>>
>>1123059
Suvarnabhumi is quite efficient, 3 hours is more than enough anon.
Don Mueang is older but should still be fine.
>>
>>1122445
I was hoping that with them having the world cup they would have started building up their tourism industry but I guess not
>>
>>1123626
Not so much. It's literally a hole in the desert with a bunch of malls.
>>
The only thing I hate about Doha is the random prayers they have over their intercom systems at random times of the day, have to pop in headphones a lot
Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.