[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Thailand - Do I need rabies jab?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /trv/ - Travel

Thread replies: 35
Thread images: 3
File: images.png (362 B, 275x183) Image search: [Google]
images.png
362 B, 275x183
Going to Thailand soon, wondering if I should get the rabies vaccination. Do you guys think it's neccesary? It's like £150, but obviously if I need it, I'll get it. My nurse said it was up to me, so now I don't know.
>>
>>1121823
A pack of wild dogs chased me and my "girlfriend" on the steps of this temple on the mountain. The locals rallied to save us but you may not be so lucky.
>>
>>1121825
>girlfriend

You mean your right hand?
>>
>>1121823
depends on where you're going and how long you're gonna be outdoors.

if you plan on doing any multiday iking, or taking a boat through a cave, etc, you should get it, even though chances are nothing will happen.

the need for it increases the further away you get from civilization. you have a 2 day limit to get to a hospital or something without the shot, which can sometimes be impossible to get a flight for if you're in indonesia, the philippines, or west of thailand. or on a mountain.

bats are the main danger, not dogs. bats are everywhere, by the way.

you won't need it if you're sticking to cities. but even if you go to pai it' a good idea. I don't know if pai has an airport yet, but the van ride alone costs you a day.
>>
OP here, also, what about Hep A and Typhoid?
>>
>>1121833
You cunt. You aren't OP, I'm OP, I'm getting hep a and typhoid since it's free
>>
>>1121829
Yeah, desu I suppose I'd rather be safe. At the end of the day it's only £150.
>>
File: chinks killed limey.jpg (121 KB, 716x678) Image search: [Google]
chinks killed limey.jpg
121 KB, 716x678
>>1121835
rabies is the least of your concerns...
>>
>>1121836
Thanks, suppose I'll get the vaccination against being arrested.
>>
>>1121834
you should get everything you can. hep b is also everywhere, basically, and lasts for life, and is semi-protective against hep c as well.

it's the cost of a shout, so you really should
>>
>>1121840
I've already had hep b, literally having everything, just not sure about the rabies.
>>
>>1121833
>>1121834
Real OP here, neither of your fuckwads are OP. Get the fuck out of my thread.
>>
File: Screenshot_20160601-113107.png (252 KB, 1440x2560) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_20160601-113107.png
252 KB, 1440x2560
>>1121844
Suck it. Clearly I'm OP. You filthy imposter.
>>
>>1121851
A forth contender appears!
>>
>>1121853
I was actually >>1121834
>>
>>1121854
Nice, an imposter imposing as an imposter.
>>
>>1121857
This thread is fucking jokes. It worked though. Decided I'm going to get it. Cheers, you absolute mugs.
>>
To sum it up, get Hep A, Hep B, Hep C, Typhoid and Rabies shots.
Is that correct?
Not OP, btw.
>>
>>1121866
OP here, no such thing as Hep C vaccine, also consider tetanus+diphtheria.
>>
>>1121866
There's also Japanese encephalitus which I've had (OP here)
>>
>>1121872
You've had the vaccination or you've had Japanese Encephalitis?
>>
>>1121886
Haha, the vaccine.
>>
>>1121886
Wait, are you the OP?
>>
>>1121896
He's not OP I am.
My posts are
>>1121841
>>1121851
>>1121854
>>1121863
>>1121872
>>1121892
>>1121834
>>
>>1121896
I am not the OP
>>
Do I have to take hepatitis A+B vaccine if I've taken the vaccine as a kid?
>>
>>1121902
Depends. I had to get a b booser, never had a though, so have to get that.
>>
>>1121906
Guess it means "ask the doctor", then.
>>
Fuck sake. OP here. I can't decide if I should have it or not. I know I said I would just get it. But now I'm not sure again.
>>
It mostly depends on few factors:
1- How long you're going to stay there;
2- How long you're going to stay in rural (or not so urbanized) areas;
3- How risk averse you are.
The longer you stay in 1&2, the better it's to take the shot.
The more averse you are, the more you take the shot.
Better safe than sorry, but then again being really safe costs money so that's where you risk aversion enters.

Also, remember that you need to start receiving treatment as fast as possible after being bitten by any animal that may be infected with rabies.
>>
OP here. In the waiting room. Going to ask a few questions and then decide. Will report back on whether or not I'll get it. Tbh, leaning towards not getting it
>>
I decided not to bother with it.
Let's hope I don't contract rabies now haha
>>
>>1121949
Not worth the price?
>>
Don't get it. When you get bitten by a dog (or bat for that matter) go to the hospital and get them, you probably have to go there anyway for treatment when you're injured. It's cheaper over there and I think there's little risk of getting bitten by an animal. Have stayed in Kathmandu (Nepal) for 2 months in a suburban area with loads of streetdogs, never got attacked or bitten. Cannot remember whether I've seen many dogs in Thailand, so I expect not.
>>
>>1121992
Bats can also transmit rabies.
Thread replies: 35
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.