[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Sofia
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /trv/ - Travel

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 5
File: download.jpg (9 KB, 257x196) Image search: [Google]
download.jpg
9 KB, 257x196
Travelling from Israel to Sofia on September . How can I get the cheapest tickets, when should I buy them?
Any cheap good hostels? How long before should I book?
Anything special to see?
I travel for a week which one night will be a concert, other than that I am open for suggestions.
How much food and beer costs there?

>pic not related to Bulgaria
>>
>>1121647
They have 'go 'za in Bulgaria?
>>
>cheapest tickets, when should I buy them?
skyscanner.net , if flight tickets are at their cheapest one month from now, wait until one month to trip. etc

>Any cheap good hostels? How long before should I book?
hostels.com , does not matter when you book

>How much food and beer costs there?
numbeo.com
>>
File: 1441701619432.jpg (102 KB, 846x846) Image search: [Google]
1441701619432.jpg
102 KB, 846x846
>>
>>1121647
Wizzair flies from Tel Aviv to Sofia, but it's probably a bit late now to book at really good prices.
>>
>>1121647
>Travelling from Israel to Sofia on September . How can I get the cheapest tickets, when should I buy them?
>Any cheap good hostels? How long before should I book?
>Anything special to see?
>I travel for a week which one night will be a concert, other than that I am open for suggestions.
>How much food and beer costs there?
>>pic not related to Bulgaria

Shalom, my friend. Sofia native here, there is plenty to see and do. A week is too much for Sofia alone. You can do Sofia at 100% at a comfortable, slow pace in 4 days max.

When I get back home I'll have a good write up on the city.

For now I'll just reply to your last question. Food and beer are on the cheap side. You can get local beer for 0.50-70EUR for 500ml.

Native fast food (unhealthy but somewhat good tasting pastries with meat or cheese) are very affordable. Again the 0.50-70EUR per piece.

Tell me what you are interested in and I will try to see what Sofia can do for you in that angle.
>>
File: chrome_2016-06-01_23-05-35.png (19 KB, 229x529) Image search: [Google]
chrome_2016-06-01_23-05-35.png
19 KB, 229x529
>>1121647

Anyway, this is what you do, OP.

Day1: http://www.freesofiatour.com/, http://www.balkanbites.bg/
As you can see the map the things are focused in one area and you'll have plenty of time for all and then some. Do the free food tour, then. Some kind of gratuity is recommended desu.

Day2: Would recommend extended church and other religious buildings exploration on your own, as each one is unique enough to warrant being seen. Then there's some obscure monuments that the free tour doesn't cover because they're a bit out of the way. There is also a communist tour that's a must. I don't know what it covers, but the main sights for sure.

Day3: Extremities and museums, might want to see living quarters and how people go about their lives.From nice and expensive housing in Lozenets, to mass produced soviet panel blocks in Poduene.

Day4: Unless you want to ride horses and do other random shit that's near by, I'd recommend just go to Plovdiv and spend 2 or 3 days there. Sofia is done.

If I'm alive by then and you're interested in having a decent and detailed tour for free, let me know and we can meet up.
As with every city, there are details you just won't see if you're on these set tours or exploring on your own.

>>1121901
Nonsense. Up to 1 month of travel there are very good deals, just might be at weird times, but you know... it's cheap. This is what I found which I consider cheap. Price is in Israeli Shekels. ~112EUR.
>>
File: hummus.jpg (133 KB, 500x333) Image search: [Google]
hummus.jpg
133 KB, 500x333
OP here, thanks everyone!
>>1121794
Checked skyscanner, I thought there is one cheaper. Thanks for the other websites
>>1121901
Yeah it is... :/
>>1121917
Thank you my friend, I know that eastern europe is very cheap.
>>1122053
Thanks for the offer! I actually once met a guy here in other country. I'd like to, write to my mail [email protected] if you can.
>Nonsense. Up to 1 month of travel there are very good deals, just might be at weird times, but you know... it's cheap. This is what I found which I consider cheap. Price is in Israeli Shekels. ~112EUR.
Actually I look for a flight from September 11th to 17th. As for now it costs about 300EUR so the trick is to wait?

Also, how are the girls?
>>
>>1122075
Planing a month trip to Bulgaria as well. Second the question on the girls in Sofia, Plodiv, and Varna? Plus nightlife tips?
>>
File: 20151213_111317.jpg (2 MB, 3264x1836) Image search: [Google]
20151213_111317.jpg
2 MB, 3264x1836
>>1122075
Shot you an e-mail, senpai.

>>1122075
>>1122127

You shouldn't have trouble getting laid if you're fit and remotely being able to talk to girls. It's pretty liberal in general and girls are all over the place in terms of social status etc, which is what is dependent whether or not it's going to be easy with a particular girl I reckon.

General rules apply, don't go out to get laid, show her a good time and there's a high probability you'll end up sleeping with her.

>Month long in Bulgaria
That's awesome, man. I'm motivated enough to start a proper thread on Bulgaria again. You'll be able to see some amazing stuff, like Bouzludzha, Rila Monastery, Pliska, Asenovgrad, Koprivshtica and so much more.

>Nightlife tips
Sea-side. Unless you're into obscure underground clubs, which in Sofia we have plenty, regular partying happens in Studentski Grad, Sofia or Varna/Burgas on the Black Sea coast. There's "regular parties" in Sofia but I think they're bland compared to the others. Nothing beats a turbo folk night in Studentski Grad doe.
>>
>>1122799
Thanks man, I'll check the mail today or tomorrow. I like after 17 hours work, 6 hours sleep and then more 11 hours work
Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.