[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Hi, i am going on a roadtrip from Portland, ME to Miami, FL
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /trv/ - Travel

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 1
File: map.png (244 KB, 741x759) Image search: [Google]
map.png
244 KB, 741x759
Hi,

i am going on a roadtrip from Portland, ME to Miami, FL quite soon.
What cool sites can be visited on the way?
Please no Disneyworld bullshit.
>>
>>1121430
Universal studios
>>
I would say check out the Appalachian trail but all the cool parts are in northern Maine-New Hampshire or Western NC-Tennessee so only check it out if you go pretty far inland as pretty much all of the Massachusetts to Maryland section is lame.
>>
If you stop in philly you'll probably want to get a cheesesteak. Don't bother with Pat's or Geno's they're overrated. The best cheesesteaks are at Steve's prince of steaks in the northeast and Johns Roast Pork in South Philly. Also check out the Reading Terminal Market. The roast pork sandwich at Denic's is my pick for Phillys best sandwich but there's lots of other great options, a Reuben at herschels, some good Thai food, you can't really go wrong.
>>
>>1121430
Two obvious places are:

1. Washington DC with a personal preference for the air and space both on the Mall and at Dulles.

2. Canaveral and the Kennedy Space Centre.
>>
>>1121430
I'm from Mia and I can tell you that almost everything is over-rated bullshit
>people are shit
>sights are shit
>Cubans (and jewbans real thing btw)

Ok now to the good things
So day 1 when you fly in you probably want to just relax after that flight try out bayside it's a calm open air mall that in on the west side of the bay it has many shops and several restaurants (it's also right across from the AA arena. I also recommend you stay away from Miami beach or (south beach) for your first day it's extremely crowded and almost like a maze.

Day 2 you should go to the Miami beach area although I recommend you enter from the north entrance to the island. There are many sights to be seen here like to opera house, holocaust memorial (really fucking creepy) and the actual beach itself i recommend doing the beach first because of how hot it gets

Segway tours may sound autistic but they are actually very fun. Duck tours are a great way to beat the heat.

While in Miami you should try some local food I personally recommend Versailles witch was featured in the second Fast and fuckboy movie or you could try out la Carreta a family operated chain of Cuban food restaurants

Jungle island is an amazing tropical zoo/theme park with tons of amazing animals and plants its also located right in the heart of the bay

You could try out the under water tunnel from the port to the west side of the bay.

That's all I have for now but if I come up with some more ideas or I see something around that is cool ill post it here.
>>
>>1121430
Spend some time in Savannah, GA. Go get a praline on the riverfront, look at all the historical places, then go on a ghost tour at night
>>
>>1121524
OP should refuse to eat any food at all unless it's meme food.
Eat a lobster before he leaves, get some clam chowder, buy some rice in South Carolina, peaches in Georgia then get a Cuban sandwich + a glass of OJ once he reaches Florida.
Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.