[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Are you allowed to sleep in airports? I'm going to be transferring
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /trv/ - Travel

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 1
Are you allowed to sleep in airports? I'm going to be transferring airports in Tokyo and have about 14 hours to kill. Was wondering if I could spend some time in the city, then head to the terminal at about midnight and just sleep in a chair until I have to get up for my 7am flight.
>>
Yes. It's very, very common and I've done it on my first flights, too.

I'd recommend checking out the airport you're flying into on this website:
http://www.sleepinginairports.net/

The obvious things are to find a comfy bench that's not occupied in a well populated area, secure your valuables and don't oversleep for your flight in the morning. That's it really.
>>
>>1120949
of course it is allowed
there is even a movie about it:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Terminal
>>
>>1120958
>http://www.sleepinginairports.net/
Thank you, I really appreciate this
>>
>>1120949
When you have a messed up circadian rhythm, I suggest a smartphone or smartwatch that vibrates a wakeup alarm.
>>
>>1120949
Buy admission to a club, get a more comfortable experience as well as a shower to refresh.
>>
>>1120973
What do you mean buy a club?
>>
>>1121016
airline club. if you don't have a membership, you can usually pay for a day pass.

depending on the airport and how long you've been traveling, it's totally worth it

>showers
>comfy chairs/couches
>wifi
>better food and booze (and generally complimentary) than out in the terminal
>>
I've had a few times where they close the concourses at night and I had to leave, but that seems to be pretty damned rare.
Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.