[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Hi /trv/, first time on this board! I have a question, I've
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /trv/ - Travel

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 1
File: Flag-Pins-Japan-China.jpg (53 KB, 400x320) Image search: [Google]
Flag-Pins-Japan-China.jpg
53 KB, 400x320
Hi /trv/, first time on this board!

I have a question, I've been lurking around the China and Japan generals and I have been thinking of visiting said countries for awhile now.

The question is, would it be possible to take a 2-3 week trip with around $4,000 next summer to visit parts of both countries? I would of course need to find places to stay in Japan and I have family in Shanghai in which I could stay with.

In case if it may not seem possible to do, what are the best ways of traveling and getting to know each country under this kind of budget (ie, if I cant visit both, what is the best I can do with that money visiting just one of them).
>>
I don't know anything about Japan, but this early, you should be able to find airfare to Shanghai from around $800. Check vayama.

If you have someone to stay for free in SH that will be immensely helpful. It's the most expensive city in China but still relatively cheap. Are you just staying in Shanghai this time or are you going to travel outside the city?
>>
>>1121001
That all depends if I end up making it a Japan/China trip or splitting them up. If I was to do it together I'd probably stay for acouple of days and see if there is anything outside of the city that I can visit while still being somewhat closeby that I can go visit, though I'm not to well read up on what to do in China. Hoping to probably see the nightlife in Shanghai but it would be difficult due to the fact that I am stay with a family and I don't want to distrust them late at night lol.

This plan is still kinda in the early stages but I'm really hoping there is someway to pull this off.
>>
Also would it be better to travel around these area alone (besides Shanghai since I would have family there) or should I find some kind of tour group?
>>
>>1121135
>Hoping to probably see the nightlife in Shanghai but it would be difficult due to the fact that I am stay with a family

Aside from a few historical places and shopping, what even is there in Shanghai besides the nightlife? If you're worried about upsetting senpai, why not stay with them for some days and then get a room for yourself a couple of days so you can experience it?

Suzhou is a pretty (old) canal town that's worth a day trip out of Shanghai.
>>
>>1121151
Sounds like a good idea desu, how expensive are rooms/hotels in Shanghai? Also could I get to Suzhou on train or bus?

Sorry if I'm asking too many questions or something, just trying to get as much info as possible
>>
>>1121159
>how expensive are rooms/hotels in Shanghai?
Depends, 90-150 U.S. is typical of anywhere decent.
Haven't ever looked at hostels in that city before.

You can get to Suzhou by both bus and train. I took the train years ago, before they built the high speed train line.
>>
Also in case if you guys want to know my trip for Japan would probably be Tokyo - Excursion to Mt. Fuji - Kyoto - Hiroshima/Mayajima Island - Tokyo
Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.