[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Relationships when travelling
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /trv/ - Travel

Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 6
File: image.jpg (750 KB, 2052x1532) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
750 KB, 2052x1532
Alright /trv/ I've been travelling solo through Europe for the past two weeks and have been meeting lots of people. However most of them are other guys who, although I have a drink and laugh with, well, aren't girls.

My question is, in your experience, is romance and sex when travelling common or is it just a meme?

Real travellers need not apply.
>>
If you're traveling short term I'd imagine pump n dumps to be the popular option.

That's what I did anyways.

My now gf i met because I'm living in the country for 1+ years. Companionship is better than being on the prowl constantly in that situation.

But 2 weeks? What are you really expecting?
>>
>>1120692
>is romance and sex when travelling common or is it just a meme

Depends on the type of places you go to and when. When I went interrailing when I was 18 in July sex was at least reasonably common. I'm not quite as OTT as /trv/ who say that women are falling over themselves to sleep with you but I had sex a couple of times in 2 months and of course your classic chads were having it quite frequently. The route round I took was very easy, straight into city centres, not at all off the beaten path and in summer so there were lots of students about, so everything came together to attract people looking to get wasted.

Last year on the other hand I spent a couple of months in Vietnam in April and in that entire time I didn't see one hookup. One american dudebro tried really fucking hard to get with a German in Ninh Binh but she totally wasn't interested, and that was it. The types of hostels I stayed at were far more chill though, often out of town or in smaller picturesque places, since I was able to get there by motorbike, and the fact that it was April meant that there were far fewer younger people around. I also think that Vietnam in general attracts people looking to just get wasted far less, though I'm certainly aware of party hostels and cruises and things there.
>>
>>1120692
If you're 6'2", Australian, muscular and a surfer, it's gonna be easy as pie. If you're not, you're gonna have to rely on luck and your wit. Hostels in Europe are full of the former type.

You can maximize your chances by staying in party hostels, of course, or by going to destinations where people implicitely go to party and have sex.

If you're at a random hostel in some city in Europe that is not known for being a party destination, few girls will be there to have sex with strangers.

There are also way less solo female travellers than solo male travellers, probably because the former are afraid of rape or assault, and so prefer to travel with their boyfriend or in larger groups.
>>
>>1120692
I met a chick in Andalucia in Spain in a disco/bar. I was there less than two weks, and had only about a week left if that. We basically "dated" for that week, she was constantly sending me nudes for months later, and we still talk from time to time. She's engaged now, but I am 100% sure I could still bang her if she was in front of me now. And I am a short, black guy.
>>
I've had some one-night stands, some day-romances, some hook-ups where we met up at a later date to do it again, and some extended day romances. Met a girl while traveling in her home country. Fell for each other, kept in touch, met up a few times, became exclusive, broke up. Wouldn't recommend that last one. Shit sucks
>>
>>1120701
haha 6'2" Australian reporting in. If you saw me in a hostel, you'd probably get the impression I got laid a lot. Unfortunately my social skills are pretty shit.

While yes, I was constantly hanging out with girls on my trip because I was getting approached by them in hostels, getting them alone can be rather difficult. On a 3.5 month Europe trip I only slept with one (albeit several times)

OP, I've heard the party hostels of Budapest are basically orgies though if you want to go that route.
>>
>>1120692
It happens, sure.

I traveled alone through Europe during winter for month. It was for sightseeing, relaxing, and trying out different foods. Actually, it was mainly trying to ignore the fact that I quit my job in California without anything lined up, job wise or home wise.

Anyhow, here are some rundowns:

In Latvia, I made out with a German chick from my hostel. We never really interacted before besides me offering her some green tea once. I don't even remember her name, actually.

In Estonia, a couple of random dudes off the street invited me to a club. It could have ended up weird, I know, but I went for it and it was fine. The dudes bought me a burger to remind me of home (America) and then took me to a normal club. I ended up making out with an Estonian chick. Later that night another group of Estonian dudes invited me to a birthday party where we ate liver pates, smoked pot, and drank tons of beer, cognac, and vodka.

In Lithuania, I met a witty little Croatian architect and we went grocery shopping together. She had to leave the next morning for Poland so it was a short meeting, but we kept in touch. Like everyday. When I went to Zagreb weeks later, she asked her girlfriends to hang out with me. She was constantly texting me and her friends, suggesting we go here and there. We met up again for a night, the night when she came back home and when I had to leave the next morning. It was sad. I really liked her and wished either I could have stayed or she could have come to America with me.
>>
>>1120692
Gender is a social construct, OP.
>>
File: thinking with reggie.png (117 KB, 449x141) Image search: [Google]
thinking with reggie.png
117 KB, 449x141
>is romance and sex when travelling common or is it just a meme?

Over six months I spent in Japan when I was 19/20, I got up to some crazy shit, from pretending to be married to a Singaporean girl for 3 days to dealing with a 16 year old high school girl who had 'fallen in love' with me. So yes, romance and sex is possible, but it depends a lot on you.

Before travelling, I'd had no romantic experience beyond making out with one girl from my village. It took a lot of spontaneity, curiosity, luck and lack of morals for me to experience what I did, although now I've kind of settled down with a girlfriend I think a lot about how it's affected my approach to relationships. Still wouldn't take back anything I've done though.

>tl;dr

If you just want to get wasted and hook up with some chick for one night, anyone can do that anywhere.

If you want short term relationships, it's definitely possible, again in the right countries, but chance is a huge factor. Plus don't kid yourself about LDRs, it's not fair on either of you. Just enjoy the moment.
>>
Right now I am wrapping up a 7 day cruise with a woman. The first time I have traveled internationally with someone and my first cruise as well. Oh the pussy I missed out. QT3.14 in Belize, various single women on ship. And we are supposed to go to Brazil aND Thailand in the coming months together.
>>
>>1120692
>My question is, in your experience, is romance and sex when travelling common or is it just a meme?

Meme? I've never even heard of such a thing in real life, did you just watch that movie Before Sunset or something? No personal experiences with such stuff, doubtful that it happens.
>>
>>1122456
>dealing with a 16 year old high school girl who had 'fallen in love' with me.

I wanna hear that story.
>>
File: juanfranneymar.jpg (45 KB, 600x600) Image search: [Google]
juanfranneymar.jpg
45 KB, 600x600
>>1120701

>tfw 5'10 and Korean in Europe

J U S T
>>
>>1120856
Then you're a retard. How can you just squander your height like that?
>>
>>1122797
I had like 5 Before Sunset experiences in Vietnam alone.
>>
>>1120899
So emotional, really

Why you do not stay whith your architect ? You like her, she have monney and a good job
>>
>>1123225
It didn't seem realistic to set up camp and just live in Croatia. It's really nice but what would I do for a living? I only know a handful of Croatian words.
>>
File: welsh tinder.gif (2 MB, 260x260) Image search: [Google]
welsh tinder.gif
2 MB, 260x260
>>1122862

Aight, I'll greentext it

>be me
>be 20
>tfw into 6 months of travelling, about to go home soon
>been a couple of months since I last hooked up
>go stay with a friend of mine who runs a couple of ryokans (inns) in the south
>meet with old friends, good times had by all
>he's got a girl from Osaka who's interning there
>first night we're all drinking, cooking, having a good time
>she's pretty cute, think she's giving me the eye
>I ask her what her job is
>she tells me she's in high school
>wut.jpg

>fast forward a couple of weeks
>been hanging out with the girl around the ryokan, just as friends because 16
>show her how to flip a pancake, teach her card games, help with her English etc.
>always seems really shy around me
>end up getting her line
>she goes back to Osaka, I hang around for a couple of days more
>heading to Shizuoka, transitting through Osaka for a couple of nights
>dutchbro, been working there for about 6 months, tells me to let her know I'll be in Osaka
>at the airport I send her a message on line to let her know I'm around
>she comes back super excited, wants to meet up
>oookay.wav
>we meet up that evening, go out to dinner, talking about her life in Osaka
>after dinner, I'm stumped as to what to do next, as normally I would go to a bar with friends
>ask her if she wants to get a beer from a conbini
>she's up for it
>ponder the risk of being banned from entering Japan for getting a minor drunk
>fuck it
>grab a couple of asahis and head for a park to drink
>find a quiet spot where few people are around
>proceed to drink, eat donuts, chat
>after we finish our beers it starts to rain, so we call it a night
>as we're walking back to the station I she says out of the blue "I like you"
>say "I like you too", thinking she meant it as a friend
>leave her buzzed at the station and head back to my hotel
>cont.
>>
File: IMG_1892.jpg (3 MB, 4608x3456) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1892.jpg
3 MB, 4608x3456
>>1123333

>we meet up again the next day
>meet her at the station, she's all happy and bouncy to see me, gives me a hug
>spend the afternoon together walking around Osaka
>take her down to one of my favourite spots in Osaka by the harbour
>on the train I ask in my crappy Japanese to listen to her music, meaning on her iPod
>she blushes and says "at the port", thinking that I want her to sing for me, then says "I want to hear your music too"
>we get to the port, sit on a wall together looking over the sea and the Osaka skyline
>she sings to me in traditional Japanese style
>didn't understand a word, but fucking beautiful all the same
>she then asks me to sing, pull off Neil Young's After the Gold Rush
>we then sit in silence for about 20 minutes before walking off to get dinner
>get lost walking around an industrial complex
>as we're walking, she grabs my hand
>kinda shocked, ask her if she's ok
>she looks up at me with this big smile and says of course
>eventually find a gyudon place, I buy her dinner
>grab a couple of beers from a conbini again and head out back to the harbour
>as we're walking over holding hands, I ask her again if this is ok
>she just looks up at me and says in the cutest, matter-of-fact way "Yes, I love you"
>completely stumped, operate on instinct and kiss her
>turns out it was her first kiss
>mindblown by what's happening right now
>laughing my ass off inside that I never wanted this, but somehow ended up in a /b/tard's wet dream
>we spend the rest of the night sat on the harbour wall drinking, making out, sometimes her just lying on top of me
>felt so at peace then
>one of my best and most unusual memories of travelling
>I was due to take a night bus that evening, so she's resting her head against me on the train to the bus terminal
>say goodbye at the station

pic related, only 4chan-worthy photo I've got, her at the port
>>
>>1123343

That's the size of the story. Contemplated going back to Osaka for a couple of nights, she was up for staying in a hotel with me. Turns out she thought we were boyfriend and girlfriend because of that and I had to let her down, tell her why we couldn't do that. Didn't do the hotel because I got a reality check from my brother and sister that she was 16 and nothing good would come from it in the long run. Ended up agreeing that if I was single and she was single when I was next in Japan, we would definitely get together. Going back in a year and have since gotten a girlfriend, haven't spoken to the girl since although she still 'likes' things on my facebook. Still think about her from time to time.
>>
>>1120692

You are ugly and/or a manlet. I had women all over wherever I went.
>>
>>1123343
Hey it's legal in Japan bro, you shudda hit that.
>>
>>1123465

That would've really fucked her up man, she falls in love with me, I fuck her in a hotel for one night then she never sees me again. I wasn't about to do that. Plus if my buddy who owns the ryokans ever found out I fucked his 16 yo intern I could never go back there. And that place is fuckin awesome.

Also, I'm pretty sure the laws of consent there are you've got to be 18 or under to have sex with girls that age. wasn't gonna risk screwing up in that department
>>
>>1123476
fair enough
>>
File: 1461942522280.jpg (59 KB, 960x768) Image search: [Google]
1461942522280.jpg
59 KB, 960x768
>>1120908
>this guy
YES I CALLED YOU A GUY YOU FAG
Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.