[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Cheaper routes from SEA to Eastern Africa. Anything overlooked?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /trv/ - Travel

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 1
File: carmennnn[1].jpg (46 KB, 675x448) Image search: [Google]
carmennnn[1].jpg
46 KB, 675x448
So I spend most of my time in Cambodia. I wish to go to Eastern Africa, or South Afrca, for a couple of months. Any tickets I see from Phnom Penh; Bangkok, HCMC to places like Kenya, are close to 800-900 Euro return

Are there any ways of getting to Africa from SEA that will cost me about 600 return, which is what I usually pay to get to SEA from Europe and then back.

I would consder any of these destinations: South Africa, Mocambique, Tanzania, Kenya, Uganda, Rwanda, Ethiopia.

Any reasonably priced options anywhere that I have overlooked?
>>
Giving a partial answer to my own question here.

Finding some tickets, BKK to Addis return, for 490 euro or so, via ITAMATRIX.

Funnily enough they are with Kenyan Airways, stop over in Nairobi, but getting a ticket BKK to Nairobi is more expensive.
>>
>>1120479
Research routes flying through the Arabian Gulf. I know those count have cheap flights to Thailand, with all of the Ethiopian expats, I imagine there may be cheap flights to there, too.
>>
>>1120624
Gulf Air, Etihad, Oman Air, and the other national airlines of the region
>>
>>1120481
Couldn't you just stay in Nairobi instead of catching to one to Addis Abeba?
>>
>>1120806
Not sure. Would definitely force me to fly with hand luggage only. And it is against IATA rules to skip final destinations like that, but I am unsure if it is enforced or not.
>>
>>1120951
It is a violation of the contract of carriage you have with the airline, and can lead them to do things like black-list you from future travel with them, retroactively charge you for what the more expensive flight would have been, bring suit for damages, etc.

Plus, what the fuck do you do if the flight gets diverted or something, and does not in fact go to the city where you planned to get off? They'll get you to the final destination eventually, but they have no requirement to get you to an intervening city, and won't.
>>
>>1121191
>etc.
One "etc." is cancel the return portion of your tickt, if you have one.
Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.