[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I have 5 days for traveling between Flagstaff and Austin around
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /trv/ - Travel

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 4
File: morninwood.jpg (8 KB, 225x225) Image search: [Google]
morninwood.jpg
8 KB, 225x225
I have 5 days for traveling between Flagstaff and Austin around 15-20 June. What can you recommend me visiting en route in Arizona New Mexico and Texas? I'm open to anything.
>>
If you have time to head up to Santa Fe, the art center Meow Wolf is pretty wild. That or something outdoorsy in Albuquerque like riding the tram up to the Sandia Mtns crest
>>
Thanks! Good advice

Further I'd like to know what is the best city or town in Texas for a genuine Texan experience. Does someone know something about that?
>>
>>1121588
I grew up in texas til I was 17. I've driven around here and there as soon as I could. It really depends on your definition of "genuine Texan experience" if you take the i10 route, which I imagine you will, near the end of your trip you'd have the option of going through San Antonio, which is where the Alamo is at. A lot of Hispanic culture with some areas still having the old times western look. But if you really want true western look you'd have to go further south to Laredo. Although it's dangerous what with all the drug lord's and all that, that's where you'll most likely find the Adobe church houses, and people getting around on horseback.
>>
File: download.jpg (10 KB, 276x182) Image search: [Google]
download.jpg
10 KB, 276x182
If you are going as far north as santa fe, I suggest taking the time to check out Taos.
There is no other place like it.
>>
File: carlsbad-caverns-23.jpg (913 KB, 2917x1437) Image search: [Google]
carlsbad-caverns-23.jpg
913 KB, 2917x1437
>petrified forest
>carlsbad caverns
>>
>>1121935
Thanks! I indeed meant a somewhat old western look, villages where time is standing still
>>1122051
>>1122055
These look stunning. I'm gonna have to pick
>>
>>1122310
do you live in flagstaff? if you do i'd go with carlsbad caverns, since it's further and you will be less likely to compare it to the grand canyon (i assume if you're in flagstaff you've been there).

though each really only needs half a day, if that. i drove from college station, tx to santa cruz, ca in 5 days (including an entire day at the grand canyon) and visited both carlsbad and the petrified forest.
>>
File: tombstone-arizona2.jpg (62 KB, 908x389) Image search: [Google]
tombstone-arizona2.jpg
62 KB, 908x389
I'm planning a big America road trip which will take me through Texas and I was also wondering what interesting stuff there is to see and do there. I want to see some really old timey wild western towns like pic related. It's Tombstone in Arizona. I'm sure there are other places like this in Texas. But in addition to stuff like this I was also just wondering what else I could do in general as I drive through Texas.
>>
Was going to make my own thread, glad this one is up.

My Dad and I are doing a road trip on I-10 from North Florida to Texas and we're going to visit relatives and friends in Opelousas LA, Houston, and San Antonio and we'll probably stay a night in New Orleans and Austin as well. I've never been to any of these places before.

So what's some cool, pretty inexpensive stuff to do and restaraunts in those places? We want to eat at some regionally unique restraunts, see some standard touristy things if they're worth it and not lame, maybe find a spring or lake to swim at in Austin, and maybe see some live music in Austin or New Orleans.
Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.