[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Switzerland/Croatia
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /trv/ - Travel

Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 4
Amerifat here plan on going to Switzerland and then Croatia in August suggest me shit anons. What do? Bonus points if some one can tell me where that pic was taken.
>>
File: street-1.jpg (441 KB, 1600x900) Image search: [Google]
street-1.jpg
441 KB, 1600x900
>>1120109
I'm from Switzerland, no idea what you're interested in or your budget so can't really give any advices beside:
Budget: Even with $100/day it's a hobo tier experience, yes switzerland is this expensive.
1. August is the national holiday so there's usually some cool shit going on.
13. August is Street Parade in Zurich, one big rave in the center of the city
>pic related

Else tell me what you like burger bro.
>>
>Croatia
>This

https://youtu.be/y8gJaMOHgSQ
>>
>>1120139
>>1120109
I like nature stuff like hiking also swimming. I like electronic music and drinking. Just walking around sight seeing and experiencing local culture. Trying some good food. You guys got castles? Forgot to mention I'll be bringing wife too.
>>
>>1120173
Oh ye budget I dunno me and wife both have career jobs so just tell me whatever and I'll decide if it's too much or not. No millionaire stuff though lol
>>
>>1120173
Well I got you covered for Switzerland.
You're never more than 2km away from nature, hikes or a river/lake to swim.

Some of the really cool things to do:
get a cheap life jacket somewhere and float down the Rhein rive trough the cityr in Basel, Limmat in zurich from Letten to Dietikon, or the Aare in Bern from the camping to the Bundeshaus.

Hikes and Nature: Well if you got the budget the Interlaken Area is absolutely fantastic but expensive and touristic as fuck. If you want to have that on a budget go to the Glarner Alpen (Glarus) as stunning but at least 80% off.

If you want the full nature experience spend a few days in the Swiss National Park at the Ofen Pass in Grisons. No party around but hikes, nature and history...

If you get the chance to take the Glacier Express train do it. It start and ends in the most beautiful hiking spots yet hotels can be quiet expensive.

We got castles everywhere, Some of the nicer ones that are not over crowded are in Schaffhausen, Regensberg (stunning view across lower Zurich and pic related), Château de Chillon in Montreux and Rapperswil but you could even go to the home castle where the Habsburger blood line started in a small town in Argovia or any smaller village and find some interesting stuff or a monastery.

Drinking shouldn't be a problem we love drinking. But clubbing is just a thing in the larger cities so outside of Basel, Bern, Zurich, Lausanne, Geneva and Zurich you won't find much.
>>
>>1120193
Op here thanks. You guys got any natural hot springs?
>>
>>1120209
We have a lot but almost all of them are some kind of touristic spots you can find by the village having "Bad" attached to it like Bad Zurzach or Leukerbad there are some other around the San Bernadino are and all across the alps but there's nothing really cool to discover I could think of.
>>
Anything about Croatia anyone?
>>
>>1120453
>Reply
For Croatia, Split and/or Zadar, Plitvice Lakes. Maybe Dubrovnik. The coast is more fun than inland.

I would skip Zagreb if you're pressed for time. It's a decent city but not a whole lot going on.

You should try eating strukli (baked dish with salty or sweet cheese), cevapi (skinless sausages with flat bread), and burek (flaky pastry stuffed with meat). Beer too. Croatians are very proud of their beer.
>>
>>1120508
>croatian beer

Good joke, lol. Although Tomislav is really nice, I give you that
>>
>>1120109
>Croatia
Stay away from the over touristy Istria and go to a place like Zadar instead. Visit Plitvice early in the morning to avoid the biggest crowds, Go to Krka national park. Book a boat trip to Kornati. Explore the Pag peninsula. Visit Split and sniff up the culture.
>>
>>1120632
Also, just google some of those places. I have more detailed things if you're interested. Last time my wife and I stayed in Zadar for 10 days or so.
>>
>>1120109
Why the fuck do people want to visit Swiss ?!
>>
File: 18371_10original.jpg (188 KB, 800x533) Image search: [Google]
18371_10original.jpg
188 KB, 800x533
>>1120903
Is Giger Bar still open in Gruyeres? I always wanted to check it out.
>>
>>1120620
I dunno, man. Some of the dark beer I had at the Tolkien bar was top knotch.

Oh yeah, a dude in my hostel bought non-alcoholic Ozujsko once. Kek
>>
>>1120905
>Giger Bar
The Museum and the bar were still open when i visited it last year.
>>
>>1120903
Why the fuck not? What's wrong with Swiss?
>>
>>1120635
OP here. Ye I am interested
>>
>>1121157
They make delightful cheese, is all I know.
>>
>>1121157
Let's say it's one of the most expensive place you can visit, it's not the most culturally interesting place, cities are small and don't have a very strong identity.
If you like hiking, it's nice, i give you that.
>>
>>1121168
Meh, it's not France or Italy.
>>
>>1121158
Alright. We stayed in Diadora Luxury Apartment. It's a very nice renovated apartment in a regular apartment building. We couldn't find it at first. There's no reception or anything. At first we were sure we would be mugged and beaten up, because the neighbourhood looked so-so and we felt like it was a trap. After one call a nice young lady showed up and took us upstairs. Turned out it was a 1 or 2 minute walk from the beautiful Zadar old town. It's touristy, but not like Istria or Split. We felt it was a really nice relaxed place, still close to everything. The sea organ and the greetings to the sun were nice in the evening sunset. Good food.

From there we took a lot of day trips. We drove to Plitvice to be there as soon as it opened. It's stunning but you definitely want to beat the crowds, especially in the summer. But it's absolutely amazing. Make sure you take the longest route they have. It's worth it.

We also took a day trip to Krka. From Skradin we took a boat into the park. You can hike and swim at the falls. Very nice to see. After that we drove on to Split to soak up some culture. The markets and the palace are beautiful. You could also combine it with a day trip to the beautiful little town of Trogir.

Pag is a great penincula to just drive around on. They have a famous cheese they make there. It's very calm and lovely. The areas around the bridge are very nice. That's all during the day. Try and find the sheep they herd there for the cheese. At night it turns into a huge party area around Zrce Beach.

We also love Paklenica national park. Great hiking and climbing options there. It's much less known than Krka and Plitvice.

From Zadar you can also take a lot of nice boat trips. The one to Kornati was a great day on the sea with small towns to visit, fresh fish for lunch with some locals and some swimming. Beautiful area.

All these things are under an hour to drive from Zadar except Split and Plitvice, which are both about 1:45.
>>
>>1121427
<cont>
If you want to you can take the long drive to Dubrovnik. We didn't because there's a lot to do in the area, but if you have the time you should.

We also spent 1 full day in Zagreb before flying home. Great place, but we felt we'd pretty much seen the highlights after that one day.
>>
>>1121427
OP here great write up thank you.
Anyone here know if there are any beach resort/hotel type deals in Croatia?
>>
>>1122218
man, there's probably more restaurnts/hotels there than actual houses. Prepare for german prices tho.
Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.