[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Travels
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /trv/ - Travel

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1
File: Xe6iK.jpg (490 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
Xe6iK.jpg
490 KB, 1920x1080
I have not been many places out of my home country and can go anywhere and do anything but overwhelmed with the options what should i do?
>>
Go
>>
>>1120081
Where tho?
>>
>>1120498
where are you from?
>>
Go to a country with a similar background to yours. I'm American and the first big trip I took was to the UK.
>>
>>1120510
Why do Americans always suggest shit like that? Why not go somewhere NOT like where you're from to get some culture shock/see into a very different way of living?
>>
SEA countries are pretty good for beginners
>>
>>1120498
This >>1120526

South east asia is pretty much totally safe and you get to experience a culture very different from your own in an environment which expects foreign tourists, so it isn't too hard to navigate. Perfect for a beginner.
>>
you can try some different cultures such as morocco or turkey or maybe thailand. visiting a place similar to your home is meaningless in my opinion. you have to see different things(and of course ,you have to be safe also ).
>>
First non-western country i visited (apart from moroco) was Burma. This was last year. It was awesome. Very friendly people, easy to travel but fairly off the beaten track.
>>
If your life is similar to mine, I would advice you Aleppo
>>
>>1120521
to ease OP into it? he won't experience any huge culture shock, has the ability to communicate with the locals, etc.
it's common sense
>>
If you can afford it, buy a Kiwi Experience bus ticket and then travel around in NZ for a few months. That was my first ever travel experience alone and it was a fucking blast. It's also fairly guided so you don't have to worry too much about knowing where to go or what to do because the bus guides give you all the information you need and take you to all the cool stuff to do along the route. They also tell you about the country's natural and cultural history, which is pretty damn interesting to hear about.

Obviously it's also fairly expensive and if you're not the type to party or do stupid shit with other young people, you might not have a good time. Either way, if you've never traveled alone before I would rate the Kiwi bus as a fun and good (if not expensive) way to dip your toes.
Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.