[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Touching down in Los Angeles airport next month. Will be spending
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /trv/ - Travel

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 1
File: halp.png (118 KB, 621x733) Image search: [Google]
halp.png
118 KB, 621x733
Touching down in Los Angeles airport next month. Will be spending nearly two months as an exchange student with weekends free. Basically,
>where go
>what do
>how much should I bring
>>
>>1119703
Lived my whole life in the orange.

If you're a naturefag, go to Yosemite and Grand Sequoia in the central eastern part hugging Nevada. Camp for a few days and hike around.

If you like popculture and urban stuff, obviously LA and SF. Sacramento is cool for a day trip because of the old western theme. Also San Diego has some cool shit like an aircraft carrier and a good zoo. Plus you can go 45 minutes south and check out the shit hole that is Tijuana and the border.

Northern California (past SF) is Oregon-Lite and kind of redneck iirc. Lots of trees and flat land.

I'd recommend coming to the Central Coast (orange) if you want to experience the beach scene or whatever. Santa Barbara and Pismo have good beaches with large college populations (college girls + the beach is always good) plus there's a small nude beach by Pismo :^). This area is called wine country as well, so if you're 21+ and into that, there ya go.

Enjoy
>>
>>1119839
That's nice, the college I'm going to is in Orange County. How much would it cost to get to Yosemite from there? Also, how much money should I bring and are domestic flights the best way to get around even within state boundaries?
>>
>>1119898
Since I'm right in the middle of the coast, I tend to just drive wherever. However, since you're so far south it'd probably take 8-10 hours to drive to Yosemite. Really anything travel over 7 hours to drive is best just flown. But it really depends on your preferences (if your time is limited, fly. If not, drive. But the San Joaquin valley is boring af so be prepared). You'll be next to LAX and I can't imagine tickets for intrastate travel being over $200.

Also, if you make any friends, a road trip up the coast from LA-SF would probably be a good way to see a lot of the state, though i've never done this.
>>
>>1119703
LA is awful
>>
>>1119914

This man is your friend, OP. Since you're in OC, feel free to come down and visit America's Finest City™.
>>
>>1119922
San Diego is where its at. Though I would say that San Francisco is a better city to visit
>>
>>1119703
>>the los angeles airport
Theres like 20 of them
Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.