[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I am going on a road trip with one of my best friends this summer.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /trv/ - Travel

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 5
I am going on a road trip with one of my best friends this summer.

We take my Ford Sierra to a distance of max 3000km from Holland. We will stay at campings and hostels along the way thus the travel itself is already cool.
Just missing: a destination.

/trv/ I need a place that holds dark secrets or is haunted or whatsoever. I need a place that leaves impressions like Pripyat or catacombs of Paris has left me.
I asked around, most of the suggestions I get are very touristic and have no real excitement like I search for. It's is kinda hard to explain what I am exactly looking for, but I think I will be in a good line with folks on this board.
>>
Try Russia? i'm sure you will find lots of suffering there
>>
>>1119380
Russia is huge, I would need a specific place or such instead of just wandering around.
>>
File: paris-catacombs26.jpg (737 KB, 600x800) Image search: [Google]
paris-catacombs26.jpg
737 KB, 600x800
>>1119368
>catacombs of Paris

Did you only visit the touristic, organized part or did you venture in the closed areas ?
>>
>>1119384
Only touristic.. I do not know how to access the illegal entries. If I know, I will do it soon enough.
>>
File: Petrified-Bodies-in-Pompeii.jpg (244 KB, 1135x600) Image search: [Google]
Petrified-Bodies-in-Pompeii.jpg
244 KB, 1135x600
>>1119384
NB4 "The Day /b/ Fucked a Skull.

OP, since this is not "the other board" which I will not name lest speaking their name summons them, I'll suggest maybe looking at some sites associated with the concentration camps or POW camps from WWII. Otehr possibillites that come to mind are the sites along Normandy and related, and Pompeii/Herculaneum (may want to hit the museum in Naples as well.).

Also, google "abandoned places." Some other anon who is into that and knows sites in Europe can chime in...

Finally, just file this away for the future, you need to go to Cambodia...
>>
File: 1437741066882.jpg (12 KB, 228x221) Image search: [Google]
1437741066882.jpg
12 KB, 228x221
>>1119368
>I need a place that leaves impressions like Pripyat or catacombs of Paris has left me.

>the touristic catacombs
>deep impressions
>>
>>1119399
But you don't come with any suggestions yourself ...
>>
>>1119399
2realtravel4me.jpg
>>
>>1119397
Cambodja with its killing fields is on my list, but I do not have budget for that travel yet.

I have been to Normandy, I loved the bunkers and musea.

Thank you for the other suggestions.
>>
File: cambodian monkey.jpg (105 KB, 960x720) Image search: [Google]
cambodian monkey.jpg
105 KB, 960x720
>>1119405
You're welcome. Hope you have a good trip. Where ever you wind up going, most of us here would like to hear about it when you get back -- disregard the one-in-every-thread who gets mad and says somethign about /trv/ not being your personal blog.
>>
>>1119397
Speaking about the Neapolitan area, has anybody here visited any of the proposed sites for the Cave of the Cumaean Sibyl? I don't suppose the Cave of Dogs is accessible (former creepy tourist site where a pool of volcanic carbon dioxide would be shown to knock out small animals).
>>
here is a nice list
https://www.gapyear.com/articles/231256/13-butt-clenching-spots-to-visit-in-europe
>>
>>1119445
Yes, this is the good stuff too.

Thank you !
Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.