[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I'm going to Japan
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /trv/ - Travel

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 3
File: iYOXpB3.gif (270 KB, 452x332) Image search: [Google]
iYOXpB3.gif
270 KB, 452x332
>Specifically the Tokyo area
>What should I check out while I'm there
>>
Don't post in the Japan general or anything
>>
>>1119202
Japan general is just a bunch of ignorant weaboos so really if you want good info or civil discussion you shouldnt go there. Ever.
>>
File: Hanayashiki.jpg (5 MB, 4320x2432) Image search: [Google]
Hanayashiki.jpg
5 MB, 4320x2432
My specialty is amusement parks, so here are my tips for Tokyo on that topic:

Tokyo Disney Resort: per hardcore theme park fans who travel the world just to ride rides (yes, these freaks of nature exist), the two theme parks in Tokyo Disney are the Holy Grail of theme parks.

Tokyo Dome City: baseball stadium complex flanked by amusement zones. One of them has Thunder Dolphin, the biggest roller coaster in the Tokyo area, which rides along and dips over the tops of skyscrapers.

Sega Joypolis: giant arcade with one ride that is part arcade game, part looping roller coaster (an actual roller coaster, not a simulation).

Hanayashiki: oldest amusement park in Japan (dates back to being a flower garden in the mid-1800s). It also has the oldest roller coaster in the country, which dates back to the 1950s. It's a very small park, though, so don't plan your whole day around it.

There are a couple of other decent parks in and around Tokyo, but these are the most notable ones.
>>
File: 1423377388147.jpg (36 KB, 356x374) Image search: [Google]
1423377388147.jpg
36 KB, 356x374
>>1119221
>>
>>1119221
>ignorant weeaboos
says the guy who doesnt even know how to use the green meme arrows correctly
>>
>>1119253
>>1119264
See what i mean theyre leaking out even here.
>>
>>1119226
i'm not into rollercoasters but one that rides along skyscrapers sounds really cool.
>>
>>1119199
Post in Japan General, that's what it's there for.
>>
>>1119226
Other anon here.
While I was in Tokyo I went to Toshimaen amusement park. It's a small and not so known park in Tokyo but totally worth it. There even were some cosplayers there.
>>
>>1119302
Trolls would have no reason to post in a general. they'd just get lost in the background.

Do not feed.
>>
>>1119226
Is toyko disney really that good?
>>
>>1119199
Soapland
>>
>>1119832
>Is toyko disney really that good?
Yes. Check out the latest TEA/AECOM worldwide theme park attendance stats released this week: http://www.aecom.com/content/wp-content/uploads/2016/05/2015_Theme_Index__Museum_Index.pdf

100% of the Top 10 most-visited theme parks last year (which is consistent for at least the past decade) are either Disney or Universal Studios parks, and the two parks in Tokyo Disney Resort are in the Top 5. Disney Parks are like the Rolls-Royce of theme parks (very expensive, but you get what you pay for). They put mountains of emphasis on quality, cleanliness, friendly staff, etc. Absolutely no one does it better in the theme park game than Disney.
Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.