[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Map related -- does this surprise anybody else? (Map lists
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /trv/ - Travel

Thread replies: 32
Thread images: 6
File: tourism map.jpg (79 KB, 935x588) Image search: [Google]
tourism map.jpg
79 KB, 935x588
Map related -- does this surprise anybody else?

(Map lists their source for data, I found it here: http://www.bofaml.com/content/dam/boamlimages/documents/articles/ID16-305/bofaml_transforming_world_atlas_2nd_edition.pdf
>>
>>1119190
I don't get why anyone would want to goto France
>>
Spain is really surprising to me. In fact, I don't believe it. Even though it is a great country.
>>
>>1119208
Why is Spain Surprising? It is basically the S. America/Caribbean of Europe. Everyone goes there for beaches and cheap resort vacations. Ibiza, Andalucia, Barcelona, Madrid. These places are full of tourists. Have you been to Spain?
>>
File: France_4.jpg (2 MB, 1270x3738) Image search: [Google]
France_4.jpg
2 MB, 1270x3738
>>1119206
Because there are thousands of things to do and see. It's more than just "muh muslims in Paris" you know
>>
South of France, Spain and Italy is where UK, Germany, and the rest of rich and unsunny Europe goes on vacation every year. So, yeah, not surprising.
>>
>>1119206
Because its has prestige, that's literally it.
>>
>>1119282
There's a reason it has prestige though
People would have stopped coming a long time ago if it was a big scam
>>
>>1119279
Yeah the proximity of the countries and Shengen helps
>>
>>1119286
It's the same boring muh food muh culture muh yurop shit as anywhere else. Saying you went to france/italy/etc. during lunch break at school is just to be cool and not stick out.

Pretty much disney world tier.
>>
>>1119292
Maybe for new-worlders who only travel to brag about it. I doubt every single one of the 80 000 000 people that come to France each year is like this. I'm even sure some genuinely love the country. Not that I expected a different answer from 4chin tho
>>
>>1119295
For new world retard France is synonymous with Paris.

It's actually a great destination, with a varied landscape, great coastline (which isn't a given for most Europeans) , superb food, annoying people and lot's of history and nature.
>>
>>1119278
at least one of those pics is not France
>>
>>1119190
A bit surprised that France got more visitors than Spain or even Greece. I guess vast numbers of Chinese and Japanese people go to Paris
>>
>>1119208
Really? Spain is swamped with tourists, especially drunk Brits and fat Americans
>>
>>1119292
>>
>>1119336
From top to bottom, from left right:

>Paris
>Pont du Gard (Languedoc-Roussillon)
>Lavender in Provence
>Tarn gorges (Midi-Pyrénées)
>Mont Saint-Michel (Normandy)
>Verdon gorges (Provence)
>Calanques (Provence)
>Corsica
>Cévennes (Massif Central)
>Lac Vert (green lake, Alps)
>Etretat cliffs (Normandy)
>I don't know if the other mountains are the Alps or the Pyrenees but it definitely can be France
>Roman theater of Orange (Provence)

They are all in France. Which one do you think isn't ?
>>
>>1119338
France's only great industry is tourism - it's really no wonder
>>
>>1119336
which one ?
>>
>>1119362
>>1119336

Oh right I forgot the castle, I don't recognize it but it's the French style
>>
Alguna amable persona que sea bboy en puebla y vaya a ir al bc one el fin de semana al df?
>>
>>1119338
>I guess vast numbers of Chinese and Japanese people go to Paris

There are a lot but they aren't the most, it's mostly other Europeans. France border a lot of countries and they all have free access.
And it's not only Paris either, the French riviera attracts a lot of people, our ski ressorts too, the Brits are in love with the south west and Brittany, the Loire Valley castles see millions of visitors, the wineyards of Bordeaux and Alsace too, Normandy for all the WWII historical stuff, the Mediterranean coast that isn't in the riviera gets every kind of norther Euros with their freakin vans, etc.
>>
File: berck sunset 2.jpg (25 KB, 766x573) Image search: [Google]
berck sunset 2.jpg
25 KB, 766x573
>>1119206
Outside of Paris, I've really enjoyed visits to France. Depends on what you like, I guess.
>>
>>1119292
Fucking shit, I'm bleeding all over my desk after cutting myself on all that edge.

I am now off to eat raw horse yogurt while living in a yurt, so I can measure up to your standards.
>>
>>1119206
Because France is a nice country with a good global reputation
>>
>>1119278

Fuuuckkk that picture of Paris looks fucking awesome! Did you take that anon?
>>
>>1119190
Map doesn't look accurate at all, who the fuck wants to go to Spain?

With all the love SEA gets on this board, Thailand is completely absent?
>>
File: IMG_20160303_152144.jpg (2 MB, 2560x1920) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20160303_152144.jpg
2 MB, 2560x1920
>>1119504
Sorry but no, I didn't do the rest of the photo montage either tb.h here's the only panorama pic I have of Paris
>>
File: Tourisme.png (70 KB, 1162x601) Image search: [Google]
Tourisme.png
70 KB, 1162x601
>>1119508
Yes it is, and Spain's great mate
>>
>>1119190
I don't get why anyone would want to go to Spain.
>>
>>1119190
Americans and Asians go there for the europe must see trip all the time (Barcelona, Paris, Rom, Venice)

Baleares, Canaries and so one are places where usually every 18-20 year old european goes for his first holiday to get wasted, jump from the balcony into the pool and get up at 5:30 to reserve a sunbed and so on

It's just the beauty of the schengen area and cheap flights.
>get wasted with friends,
>on the way home browse around airline sites for cheap flights
>CHF 99 to Barcelona and back for a night, departure today 9:30 sounds good, booked
>forget about it and go to bed
>get woken up by a fucking alarm clock
>WTF it's Saturday fuck off uhm actually oh wait fuck me, I booked a flight again
>better pack my carry-on and go to the airport, it looks like I spend two days in Barcelona so I better start looking for a hotel

The rest is massive business travel, actually great historical sights, all year travel possibilities (hiking, skiing, beaches, etc) and short distances

>>1119508
>With all the love SEA gets on this board, Thailand is completely absent?
That's because most of them are lad tour, "RealTraveler" or "muh spiritual trip after I failed my gender studies degree" destinations. It's not part of any must see destinations for the normal traveler anywhere in the world nor relevant enough for a lot of business traveler.
>>
>>1119508
Thailand is larger than Australia and India combined on that map
Thread replies: 32
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.