[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What are the Great Lakes like? How does it compare to beaches
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /trv/ - Travel

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 1
File: 1465075446934.jpg (199 KB, 1000x727) Image search: [Google]
1465075446934.jpg
199 KB, 1000x727
What are the Great Lakes like? How does it compare to beaches on the Atlantic and Pacific coasts during the summer?
>>
>>1123706
>What are the Great Lakes like?
As the largest group of freshwater lakes on Earth, they're pretty much what you'd expect -- large.
>How does it compare
How do they compare. You need to go with the plural of the verb here as there's more than one lake. The "s" in "Lakes" should have tipped you off.
>How does it compare to beaches
Beaches are generally composed of sand. The Great Lakes are generally composed of water. Water is a lot wetter than sand; sand is a lot grittier than water.

You're welcome.
>>
>>1123706
They're full of girls from Illinois who will smile at you and invite you to go home and play with them until daddy gets home.
>>
>>1123706
They're cold.
>>1123714
also this.
>>
>>1123714
That sounds great, sign me up.
>>
>>1123714
Illinoisfag here

Complete and total bullshit, literally all girls here think they're Stacy. Stay away if you aren't Chad.
>>
>>1123706
Lack of salt is a nice change.
Sleeping Bear Dunes and Pictured Rocks are great. Lots of quaint beach towns pretty similar to their ocean counterparts.
>>
>>1123730
It's only bullshit because he said until daddy gets home

when they're with me I'll be daddy
>>
I live close to Saugatuck and am very partial to the great lakes as opposed to the ocean. Nothing scary that can kill you other than the undertow, nice sandy bottom, big dunes. Lake Michigan attracts a lot of obnoxious Illinois people but if you go to a state park/small town you can avoid some of them. Lake Superior is colder and rockier but unbelievably clean and vast. The pictured rocks and grand island are both good hikes and yoopers are weird but mostly very friendly.
Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.