[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What to do in Singapore
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /trv/ - Travel

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1
File: IMG_20160507_154840092.jpg (7 MB, 5248x3936) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20160507_154840092.jpg
7 MB, 5248x3936
I've got two weeks at a friends place in Singapore. What should I do? I'm 22 in great shape and money isn't an issue but I'm not going to blow it on frivolous things. Help me out /trv/
(pic not related that's Hawaii, where I live.)
>>
>>1118920
Are you interested in ww2 history?
>>
>>1118939
In the military not wanting to do anything that's like that.
I wanna be a civi for once
>>
>>1118945
Well I'm going to be there for a day in July and I'm basically going to do all ww2 related stuff. But I am Aussie and Singapore is fairly important in our military history.

Everything else I have read about in Singapore seems very touristy, apart from night life stuff.
>>
Got to hawker stalls

It's about the only place where you can eat Chinese, Malaysian, and Indian food all under one roof
>>
Go to Sentosa and do the street luge. Get the three ride pass since there are multiple paths and drift passed the families who are going too slow.
>>
>>1118920
All fairly touristy but I have enjoyed:
The night zoo - http://www.nightsafari.com.sg/

Haw Par gardens - https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Haw_Par_Villa

Jurong Bird Park - http://www.birdpark.com.sg/

Local temples of various religions/cultures are worth a browse

Eat in the local Hawker markets, they may not look much, but being Singapore they are requlated, inspected and clean. While the food is delicious and authentic. Western style restaurants "Chicago Ribs" and the like tend to be very expensive.

For some entertainment in the evening Orchard Towers shopping centre is four floors of interesting bars and inhabitants of the night.

While traditional, I have never found Raffles for a Singapore Sling to be worth the price or the trip.
>>
>>1118920
>I've got two weeks at a friends place in Singapore. What should I do?

Eat. Best food in the world.
>>
>>1119002
>four floors of interesting bars and inhabitants of the night

Subtle.
>>
Like others have said:eat. Cheap hawker food, japanese ramen, fusion, Thai food in a refurbished colonial bungalow, European in a 100 year old church, celebrity chef restaurants...good food at every budget. Look up food blogs and hungrygowhere for recommendations. Ask your friend to show you around. May want to take a ferry to bintan and stay at a beach resort there. A road trip to Kuala Lumpur in Malaysia. Shop and shop and shop. Take the train up to thailand(probably boring and uncomfortable).
>>
get on a plane and go somewhere else,
Thailand, Indonesia, Vietnam etc.
or even the Maldives.
Lion Air, Air Asia are really cheap.
>>
chili crab, black pepper crab, fish head curry, chicken rice, hokkein mee(noodles), chilied stingray, laksa(a fusion dish of noodles in a curry broth, ask for cockles if they have), fishball/minced meat mee pok(one of my favourite street foods), macdonald's McSpicy(a variation of the mcchicken sandwich that has a special sauce inside its patty, ask for Curry sauce for the fries), Roti Prata(indian pancake like fried dough that is eaten with curry, watch out for the dirty places), Nasi Lemak(coconut rice eaten with various sides traditionally wrapped in a banana leaf). Some of the things I ate while living here for 2 years. Its mostly glorified street food but its damn good. Watch out though, I got the shits as early as the first day there but theres really no helping it, I swear its in everything. Buy alot of Pepto Bismo or whatever stomach meds you got
Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.