[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
/trv/, how do you save up for your trips? inb4, uhhhh save?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /trv/ - Travel

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 4
File: 1463847392258.jpg (979 KB, 2472x3296) Image search: [Google]
1463847392258.jpg
979 KB, 2472x3296
/trv/, how do you save up for your trips?

inb4, uhhhh save?

I'm talking how do you do it? After bills and whatnot, how much do you put away?
>>
>>1118445
sell ass bruh bruh.
>>
>>1118445
>I'm talking how do you do it? After bills and whatnot, how much do you put away?
Before I started travelling, I saved about $3k/month.

I just didn't go out much, once a week to a pub with mates, had dinner and drinks with them for about $40. Rode my bike everywhere.

Didn't go out much otherwise, maybe the odd party once a month but generally didn't spend much for it.

Is she cosplaying Maria Hill?
>>
>>1118462
3k/month wow. How much money were you making at your job?
>>
We (my partner and i) do up a weekly budget. When I get paid every fortnight, I'd move $1000 to savings and use the rest to live off for bills and shit. Then, if for whatever reason I need more money I just move as little as possible to my account.
We also have a separate bills account that any direct debits come out of, and we know exactly when and how much. Every pay of mine I out $200 into bills and every pay of my fiancé she puts in $200. We pretty much don't have to worry about normal bills. We have a fair bit comin out too as we have bought a house together, so repayments on that and insurance etc.
I find our way to be quite useful. It should be relatively the same for a single income too.
>>
File: 1426227432467.png (10 KB, 294x449) Image search: [Google]
1426227432467.png
10 KB, 294x449
Live at home, don't spend money, work slightly better than minimum wage jobs, fall behind all my peers academically and professionally.

I was able to finish all my prerequisites for nursing school over the past year and save enough money to travel for 4 months later this summer. It's not all bad I guess.
>>
>>1118445
same way you save for anything retard, this thread should be mod pruned.
>After bills and whatnot, how much do you put away?
You always pay yourself first.
Whatever it is, you always take a part of your salary and put it in savings acccount you don't use much before you pay any bills or anything, every single time.
>>
>>1118496
Actually, paying the bills is the first priority.
No use putting aside to a savings account if you can't even pay your bills.
Pay your bills and then take a part of the remainder of your salary to a savings account.
>>
File: IMG_20160516_100321.jpg (782 KB, 3264x2448) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20160516_100321.jpg
782 KB, 3264x2448
Make a budget for one or two months. Record everything you spend. Every pack of bubblegum you impulse-buy at the supermarket, every beer you have when you're out with friends.

Then figure out what you want to cut, and save that money.
>>
File: 1443693893108.png (3 KB, 306x269) Image search: [Google]
1443693893108.png
3 KB, 306x269
>>1118445
I plan my trips years in advance and save a little each month up until the day of travel.

I put my money in a safe and not in the bank, because I know I would slowly leech from it over time.
Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.