[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
hunting in europe
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /trv/ - Travel

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 2
File: 3003630081_8f87278186.jpg (140 KB, 500x375) Image search: [Google]
3003630081_8f87278186.jpg
140 KB, 500x375
Question.

What is the most friendly country for hunters to move to in europe. (Also the most gun friendly.) American here curious to see what the most gun friendly and hunting friendly country there is.

When I think hunting we are talking practical animals and varmints... hare, raccoons (do they exist in europe?), boar, deer, pheasant. Anything beyond that is stupid to hunt (bear, moose, etc...waste of time and endangering species.)

For practicality i can give you an idea what it is in the states. Midwestern states around the corn belt are very loose about it (iowa, south dakota, nebraska). You can find public land a plenty and hunt turkeys, pheasant, deer, hare, etc...with regulations (only during some time of the year), all you need is a license. Some states are better than others... for instance the stereotype of texas promotes hunting...this is a fallacy. There is almost no public hunting in texas since everything is privatized. Ask me questions about this if you want.

So what country is good? Im guessing croatia and serbia might be good bets?
>>
>>1118169
My hunter friends go to Poland very often to hunt (we're Danish). I don't know much about hunting personally, but the country itself is quite nice.
>>
>>1118200
Pole here and I can't say I'm surprised. There's quite a few hunters here, but more importantly, it's a hobby ridiculously overrepresented among politicians. This results in a strong lobby with a keen interest in keeping the law hunter-friendly.
>>
>>1118169
I know that the Czech Republic and Switzerland are both pretty gun-friendly. I don't know about hunting laws there, but I know that their gun laws are a lot looser than anywhere else in the EU, I believe.
>>
Gun-friendly (stupid word) and good for hunting are two different things. You could look into Finland. I have no idea how difficult it's for you to get a gun permit as a non-European though.
>>
>>1118343
As a Swiss i can tell you you will never get to hold a gun as a foreigner coming for an hunting trip.
I'm not a hunter but i would suggest you try Poland or Finland, they are into shooting deers and drink stuff.
>>
>>1118343
Also nope, not czech rep. If you had some permanent stay here, then yes you can enjoy this hobby in local forests. Still our laws on owning a gun are more strict than what you are used to.
>>
Stay the fuck out of Germany you gun-swinging fag.
Hunting is degenerate
>>
http://www.gunpolicy.org/firearms/region/europe

You'll probably have more luck asking on /k/, there's often a decent number of European gun owners there who might be more helpful.
>>
Man, Europeans sure are stuck up weiners.
>>
I can't decide what I like best about this thread.

First, that OP actually asked whether or not there are racoons to shoot in Europe.
Second, that some schnitzel eating hypocrite got pissy about hunting.
Or third, that OP, and I really hope it's OP, got pissy about Europeans being stuck up.

They'll try to be nicer if you'll try to be smarter, mate.
>>
>>1119238
>Or third, that OP, and I really hope it's OP, got pissy about Europeans being stuck up.
Curiously, there are evidently half a million invasive raccoons plaguing Schnitzelland and moving South! Notice that while the Abu Dhabi newspaper article below maligns these Teutonic trash pandas as Nazis, there is no evidence that German raccoons support the NPD in significant numbers.
http://www.thenational.ae/news/world/europe/nazi-raccoons-on-the-rampage-as-european-population-explodes
>>
>>1118169
Europe doesn't have raccoons.
>>
>>1119251
Actually, some idiots released raccoons in Germany in the early 20th century, and now there are an estimated million of them there.
>>
I want a pet racoon. They're cute.
>>
>>1119238
And you forgot:

Fourth, OP thinks he can take his guns to a foreign country and be granted a gun license as a foreigner.
>>
>>1118169
stop being a fag and become a bowman
>>
If you have plenty of money and a few friends i would go to Scotland.

I worked as a gamekeeper and I would have Norwegians and swedes here in Scotland as clients.
The estate I worked at we shot pheasant, deer, rabbit, crow, snipe, woodcock and partridge.

That's about it in Scotland as commercial hunting.

I'd also recommended sweden they have a massive over population of boars in the south and despretely need help just now so if you want to shoot boars for pretty much free go to Sweden.
>>
>>1118169
Switzerland, Finland, Sweden and Balkan countries have lots of hunters. But good luck trying to get a permission to hunt as a foreigner. Mooses happen to be the most hunted species at least in northern europe
>>
>>1119140
/thread
>>
File: Lighthouse.jpg (548 KB, 1024x768) Image search: [Google]
Lighthouse.jpg
548 KB, 1024x768
>>1118169
German dude her, forget it.
>>
>>1119140
even Germany needs hunters though. Their role has changed a bit. Who would you call to kill the radioactive boar that ate chernobyl mushrooms and is now terrorizing your beer garden? Who would you call to remove the deer carcass strewn across your autobahn?
>>
>>1120929
GHOSTBUSTERS
Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.