[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Hello guys, from past lack of money or friends I never traveled
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /trv/ - Travel

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1
File: 108186.jpg (187 KB, 832x550) Image search: [Google]
108186.jpg
187 KB, 832x550
Hello guys, from past lack of money or friends I never traveled in my life, always delaying it for a better time. I live in Israel and it was always my dream to visit places like Venice, Rome, Prague, Amsterdam, Berlin and a couple others that don't currently come to mind. (yeah I know, entry level places, but its a start)
Suddenly one of my friends decided to get married and have the ceremony in two months in Bled, Slovenia. Now as beautiful and interesting this place seems, it's nowhere near my list of destinations. Plus the flight there is about 1.5x more expensive compared to one of the other cities I mentioned.
The idea of flying to Rome comes to mind, from there to Venice (or just flying straight to Venice) and from there somehow finding my way to Bled. (and probably after that going all the way back since from what I see two way tickets are cheaper than two separate)
Problem is I'm paranoid AF and don't know how to execute this trip.
How much in advance do I need to book the train/bus tickets to get there, since it's a long distance drive, or are most working on a pay-and-go basis. Do you know of any website that can provide reliable transport information in that region? How would you guys plan it?
I would like the trip to take around two weeks.
Thanks for the help.
>>
Venice is one of those entry-level places and it's great. So yea, go there.

If you have a bit more time, check out tickets to Milano. Not much to see tehre but it's cheaper to fly into and you can see Verona on your way to Venice.

On the way to Bled also check out Triest and Koper - they are next to each other.

train and bus tickets - a few days in advance. WIth some cheap bus companies it's worth checking a few weeks in advance .

Also check blablacar for car sharing. It's very popular in Europe. Most rides appear just a few days in advance though

For planning ground transportation you can use
rome2rio.com

and relax, it's all easy
>>
Fist off, thank you so much for the reply, I'll check out the sites and the cities. Trieste and koper sound like a solid midway destination, but as for milano from what I see it doesn't matter as much if I fly there or Venice, will look more into it.
>>
>>1118143
As a first time traveler, a paranoid one at that, you should go ahead and book all the transport, if not all your accommodation. It'll help you to relax about it all hanging over you. Summer is THE time to be a tourist in these major cities as every school kid is out of school, so expect it to be hot and annoyingly hot with high prices and high occupancy and crowds. I wouldn't go to Rome or Venice in the summer (but you could).

Is price an issue or just going to hit off your biggest favorite dreams on the way? Slovenia might be most easily accessible by train from a 10day Prague-Vienna-Budapest trip idea. You might also like a cruise that dumps you in Split and book inland from there as well.
>>
>>1118147
Very solid advice from this anon. As someone from Trieste, I'll add onto his.

Do check out tickets to Milan. The flight to Milan + bus/train tickets might work out cheaper than flying directly to Venice.

If you're going to Bled, and are planning to stay in Trieste, there is no reason not to check out Ljubljana along the way, so as a rough itinerary, I'd propose this:
Venice - Trieste (day trip to Koper) - Ljubljana - Bled - back to Venice/Milan.

There's an hourly train from Venezia Santa Lucia to Trieste Centrale, which costs +-€15 and should take you about two hours. You can buy train tickets at the machines in the station itself, it's not difficult at all. Travelling by train from Italy to Slovenia is tough, though (a relic from the Cold War, sadly). However, the Balkan bus network is very extensive and reliable. The Trieste bus station is right next to the train station, they'll be able to help you there. The trip to Ljubljana should take you about 1,5-2 hours, but I have no idea about the price. Still: it's the Balkans so it shouldn't cost more than €10.

Any questions, and I'll try to answer.
>>
>>1118174
built a skeleton plan
something along the lines of:
Venice (3 days) > Trieste & Koper (almost 2) > Ljubljana (a day) > Bled (4 days) > Munich (4 days)
Since Munich is also one on my list and apparently its even cheaper to fly to/from there for me so I'll try to steal a trip to Germany on the way.
good idea? bad? Too much time for each? not enough?
You guys recommended Trieste, Koper and Ljubljana, and while I'm all for it since either way I'll pass there so why not, I'm interested what's so special about them?

All the booking of trains and rooms this far away and in advance feels like trying to paint a portrait with a really long broom.
>>
>>1118143
>israeli
>paranoid af
Ma koreh neshma shel barbour hashavti shanahno alpha af chad normim
>>
>>1118645
paranoid, not afraid.
I'm used to our shit transportation and am afraid a bus not coming on time would fuck me up on timing which would domino all the way to my flight back.
>>
>>1118801
Our transport is one of the best. You can travel all ovee the country with busses. The problem is timing sometimes and the trains
>>
>>1118801
well there are two ways to solve this:
1- plan earlier in advance, ie: if you want to be in the airport 2 hours before the flight aim to be there for three
2-rent a car if you can drive
>>
>>1118801

Check out GoOpti.com They offer shuttle transfers from all larger aerodromes in the region to Slovenia.
Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.