[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Have anyone here done WWOOF? Is it possible to sign up, go somewhere,
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /trv/ - Travel

Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 1
Have anyone here done WWOOF?

Is it possible to sign up, go somewhere, and basically just stay there for an undetermined amount of time until I save up enough money for my next ticket somewhere?
>>
>Until I save up enough money for my next ticket somewhere
How are you going to do that when you don't get paid for wwoofing?
>>
>>1118042
Bitcoin trading. Selling shit I make in my own time on the farm.
>>
>>1118017
it took a big hit here in australia when it was excluded from a special agriculture/backpacking visa

you never save any money doing them from what I hear
basically it's just accommodation for people on driving-type holidays
>>
>>1118017
>>Is it possible to sign up, go somewhere, and basically just stay there for an undetermined amount of time until I save up enough money for my next ticket somewhere?
Possible? I guess.
Likelyhood you'll succeed? Minimal.

You do WWOOF because you want to experience working on an organic farm, because you want to experience the farm life style in another country or because you want to go abroad and don't have to worry about paying for shelter and food for the most part.
You don't go to earn money. And, AFAIK, most WWOOF farms don't even pay you money for your work, just food and shelter.
>>
>>1118017
Read this thread:
http://www.wwoof.ie/forum/WWOOFing30
>>
>>1118066
>basically it's just accommodation for people on driving-type holidays
I've done it myself, for 5 weeks at a small farm that had a lot beehives, and that's half the reason I chose it. Got to smoke out the bees, harvest honey, clean combs (harvest wax), jar it, label it, etc. Also did some handyman stuff around the farm. They also had geese and ducks, but it wasn't really their high-season for that. I fed them, cleaned up, etc. Also asked about and got to slaughter my first animal (a goose). Had to de-feather, gut and dress the son-of-a-bitch too though. No tears, just eating.

You can stay for a few days in theory, but it's the farmer's discretion. I suspect they'd have to be pretty desperate to want some free-loading city-slickers roll up and do half-assed work for a few days before fucking off. I believe most WWOOFers do at least a couple weeks, but I've met people who were around for months at a place...

It's not really about the money either way, but the experience.
Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.