[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
ctrl-f no airport thread Where are you anons at and where are
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /trv/ - Travel

Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 1
File: IMAG3073.jpg (1 MB, 2688x1520) Image search: [Google]
IMAG3073.jpg
1 MB, 2688x1520
ctrl-f no airport thread

Where are you anons at and where are you going?

Pic related is me in Stockholm headed for Taipei
>>
Danver
>>
>>1117610
As long as we're having an airport thread, can we discuss airports to avoid?
>CDG
>needing to take a bus between terminals
>terribly inefficient and unfriendly staff
>crowded
>dirty
>constant construction
Never going back through there again if I can avoid it.
>>
>>1117743
Having had layovers in Manila on two different occasions, it's def my least favorite airport. AC barely works and there's like 3 vendors in the whole airport.
>>
>>1117760
Ye Manila is terrible especially terminals 1 and 4. 2 and 3 aren't bad. If you can set it up so that your connecting flights arrive and depart from same terminal its not that bad. To get from one terminal to the other you gotta eithet take a cab or a private bus that you gotta pay money for and you have no clue when its coming.
>>
Munich is probably the best airport I've been at. Never had to walk more than 100 or so meters to get to the next flight's gate. It's clean, there are places you can go to avoid crowds (although though most of the times they lock the entire gate if there's no flight, they open them very early so you can always find a non-crowded gate to wait). Shops sell mostly just expensive junk, though there are a few where they sell normal things to eat.

There was one time when the plane stopped in the middle of the airport and we had to take buses to the terminal. Then I had to go on a bus to get to my connecting flight (which I think was the same exact plane I came on). No idea why, there were plenty of free gates at the airport.

Frankfurt is fucking huge, you need to go through a security check 90% of the time, it's kinda dirty, there's barely anything to get to eat and there's a shortage of non-crowded benches. The train is nice though, some parts of the airport looked like old abandoned factories.

Vienna was fine, basically the same as Munich.

Heathrow terminal 2 is kinda meh, it's kinda small, there's a single large shop to buy stuff, a single place to get some normal food (e.g. a sandwich) to eat, everything else is overpriced and pretentious. At least you don't have to jump though hoops to get internet.
>>
>>1117743
CDG is comically bad. I showed up from a connecting flight and had to go through security twice before boarding my flight when I shouldn't have had to go through at all. I was so fed up. Another time I was a poorfag and got a flight into terminal 3. Customs was a nightmare, we were in this warehouse-seeming building with all the other poorfags and I felt like a refugee or something.

YUL is kind of a piece of shit, at least getting picked up and picking people up at it is. It's always way too busy, Canadian customs are super annoying and people are rude af.

I recently flew into Helsinki and Oulu and both those airports were beautiful. Oulu especially stood out, it serves a city of like 190,000 yet its airport was super well serviced and looked like it was straight out of a design catalogue.
Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.