[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
South Sweden
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /trv/ - Travel

Thread replies: 33
Thread images: 4
File: karte-1-491.jpg (241 KB, 500x625) Image search: [Google]
karte-1-491.jpg
241 KB, 500x625
Hej Swebros, me and a friend will be roadtripping through the southern part of your country in the beginning of August, and I wonder if you guys have any tips regarding places to visit and things to do. We're mostly interested in seeing nature, cozy towns and historical sights.
I'd also love to hear tips for the best places to go wild camping in Sweden, preferably near lakes.
Tack!
>>
Go to "Dalby Stenbrott" and swim, then head east to "Österlen". Kivik is pretty nice.
>>
>>1117609
I would recommend visiting Öland but I'm not sure what their gypsy situation is like at the moment.
>>
>>1117609
Country gets more beautiful further north, but people more scarce.

Personally I prefer mid-midsouth area. Your map says "Falin, Rättvik, Mora, Leksand". This area is packed with tourist shit and lakes to go camping.

Population is alright but most will be racist rednecks wherever you go.
>>
>>1117615
>most will be racist rednecks wherever you go.
Untrue.

Everyone is fairly welcomming unless you act like a stereotypical bad mannered foreigner.

>>1117609
If you like forests the south is great.
>>
If you are interested in nature i recommend going to Norway.
>>
The south is shit. Basically like anywhere else in Europe. There are some cozy towns and such, and just maybe some few swathes of cozy nature left, but all that is being ruined by foreign presence.
>>
>>1117609
Lund is fucking great. Definitely better than Malmo
>>
Thanks for all the tips guys. Will look them all up.

>>1117615
I think we'll fit right in with a 350 hp Volvo :^)

>>1117636
We're going to Norway as well actually, but we already have a route planned there (basically going from Kristiansand along the coast to Bergen and then towards Oslo).

What would you guys recommend for the route down south towards Denmark. The east coast, west coast or along the center?
>>
You know all those videos of immigrants vandalising and all the articles of muslims commiting crimes like rape and murder all the time? That's in southern Sweden. The further north you go the less there are. Where I live there's almost none at all. I'm not saying you should stay away because of this, or that you're going to have a bad time: I just don't want you to think that all of Sweden is that way.
Also it's more beautiful up north.
>>
>>1117661
very few arabs here, except for some parts maybe
>>
If you, like many on /pol/-ruined /trv/, get triggered by non-whites and women in veils then the city of Malmo will probably make you even more racist for destroying the idea of Sweden as a perfect, aryan country that is promoted by the rest of the world. But as far as nature goes, Sweden is fine, Norway is incredible, but it's also two inherently different landscapes, where Sweden is very flat - 'i wanna live in open landscapes' - Norway on the other hand is all montains which is often breathtaking in itself.
>>
File: Vasteras6394.jpg (2 MB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
Vasteras6394.jpg
2 MB, 1920x1080
Go to Västerås, lovely city near the lake (Märlaren). I've been living here my whole life and I love this city. Not the best night life tho. Some pretty good english styled bars.
>>
>>1117691
>then towards Oslo
Don't bother. Stay in the south west (recommend Rogaland or Telemark) or go to Lofoten.
>>
>>1120386
>mfw I know someone from this dump
>>
>>1120386
that is not really a picture to sell västerås
>>
>>1120429
yeah i know, but it was the only high res pic i had
>>
What is Säffle like?

I'm sure it's just another boring country town, but it's where my grandfather came from. He was an (formally) uneducated sailor, and ended up knocking-up and marrying a girl this side of the Atlantic, which is how I got here. Kinda wanted to visit some day, just to see what it's like.
>>
>>1120302
Exactly. if you dislike rape and pickpocketing, you're a filthy racist who should go back to /pol/.
>>
Hey im going to Uppsala for the autumn semester, will be there until june. I dont have any warm jacket because i live in México and dont need it. What kind of jacket should i buy? Im planning on going to norway and finland. Should i buy one once im there?
>>
>>1121303
Buy when you're here, but don't get a heavy winter jacket and just wear t-shirt underneath, you'll look silly and/or like a refugee/gypsy. Layer up with a relatively thin outer jacket, it wont drop beneath -15C there most winters. If you go up to the north you might need to get a proper coat, but even then layers will be your saviour.
>>
>>1120606
It's a nice, quiet place located in Sweden's Appalachia, Värmland. Might be worth visiting for a day if you're ever nearby, but otherwise I wouldn't bother.
>>
>>1120606
>What is Säffle like
Forget about small towns. I am Stockholmfag, but now expat. Our bigger towns are inferior-tier to the great ones in the world, and the small towns are US midwest shit-tier. Their only redeeming feature is cleanliness and closeness to nature.
>>
>>1120606
Is he the Abominable Man from Saffle? Check out the book. It's a Martin Beck mystery.
>>
I am also planning a trip to sweden and someone recommended I go to the High Coast area about 6 hours north of Stockholm.

I figure I can just sleep in my rental car on the side of the road somewhere, bathe in a lake and then if i need to work (freelancekeyboardmonkeyshit) i'd just find some cafe with wifi.

i'm fairly confident this would be okay but i've never done anything like this before and also have never been to sweden
>>
Scania is maybe the comfiest place on the planet OP. Definitely stop by Kivik, Smygehuk, Åhus, Ystad, and yes, Malmö. Then make your way up by the west coast towards Norway, you can go through Gothenburg on the way.
>>
>>1122493
That book is not set in Säffle at all. Do check out the movie as well. Man On The Roof.
>>
>>1124426
so, how about some info on Säffle then?...
>>
>>1121615
>Stockholm
>not one of the prettiest cities in the world

come on, sure it's not as "vibrant" as the bigger european cities but the inner city is godlike tier
>>
>>1124494
>I like misquoting
Never said it wasn't pretty.
Face it though. Many years of the most fucked up drug-laws (incl. alcohol) on the planet, along with an obsession about safety and the insane conformity of the Swedish people, makes Sweden fkn dull And it really is at one of the far corners of the world. North of Stockholm there is nothing groovy. Just wilderness, some Norway, Svalbard and the North Pole. I've spent about 25 years of my life in Stockholm, and apart from the beauty it really is one big 'MEEH'.
>>
>>1124503
I do agree to a large extent, do I personally find great pleasure in svårmod and quiet contemplation, especially in regards to traditional culture.
>>
>>1124516
Cool. Jag håller med. I agree. There are some great things about the "Swedish mentality", and thank fuck some of us carry that with us wherever we go in this world.
>>
File: 01300542519649139946502105484.jpg (142 KB, 1024x576) Image search: [Google]
01300542519649139946502105484.jpg
142 KB, 1024x576
>>1117609
Many will say that Stockholm is boring, but visiting Gammla Stan and all the old square's are quite worth, the castle not to mention there's abunch of museums worth visiting.

Vasamuseet
Naturhistoriska riksmuseet
Aquaria Vattenmuseum

If you can survive a insane ammount of beggers that is.
Thread replies: 33
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.