[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Are wool shirts worth the hype? Cotton dries too slow without
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /trv/ - Travel

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 2
File: Outlier-V-Neck-Dust-Olive-2.jpg (86 KB, 870x340) Image search: [Google]
Outlier-V-Neck-Dust-Olive-2.jpg
86 KB, 870x340
Are wool shirts worth the hype?

Cotton dries too slow without a dryer and my polyester shirts smell like ass.

Is this really the only option? What about linen?
>>
I can't stand it for warm weather. I don't even sweat a lot and I only ever wear my merino wool stuff for warmth. Shit drives me nuts.

Polyester looks like shit and ends up smelling so I've still been sticking with cotton, unfortunately.
>>
>>1117289
do you bleach your cotton on the road?
>>
>>1117308
I avoid white when travelling but at home my white shirts are on point.

I wear a lot of h&m shirts that look like more than one material and they tend to look pretty good with shitty washes as it's more than one tone/the blacks don't look as faded because they're a grey fibers/etc. They're also super thin so they dry as quick as cotton can
>>
Merino wool is a gift from the heavens.
>>
>>1117287
You've got lots of options if you're willing to spend some money. You can always get a blend (obviously lower wool blend means more likely to get an ass smell). But if you can't find a blend you like, then look into fancy shirt tech. Anti-microbial, silver, chemicals, whatever. Lots of options. But yeah, some of those fancy shirts really are worth the hype for breathability and anti-stankness.
>>
How's merino wool shirts in terms of wrinkles?
Do I have to iron it after washing?
>>
>>1117287
Look into linen or linen blends. It's also quite breathable, but dries quicker than cotton.

I've got a few fancy Arc'teryx shirts for going to the gym, hiking and bike tours, etc. Shit's wonderful. I sweat a lot normally, but I've yet to see sweat stains on these shirts. They dry fast, fit nicely and they are much slower to get smelly. I also use them as undershirts sometimes.
>>
>>1117393
tshirts no
button down shirts probably, but that's kinda pointless
do you iron your normal tshirts when travelling?
>>
>>1117359
seconded
>>
File: mens-nosilife-l_031DF735_large.jpg (504 KB, 1200x1200) Image search: [Google]
mens-nosilife-l_031DF735_large.jpg
504 KB, 1200x1200
I can't go back to cotton after trying polyester. I don't care about it not looking as nice, I sweat so much less and it dries so fast that I can wash something in the shower instead of having to do dedicated laundry as often

I got a merino shirt but on my last trip it was far too warm to ever use it. I haven't really tried it out

What I try to do is wear a poly t shirt with a long sleeve technical shirt over it, so it looks nicer and I still get the breathability
>>
>>1117359
yup

Nothing else matters. You can wear it in any weather, it's soft, doesn't smell, breathes, it's perfect. No wonder sheep like growing on their skin.

Every synthetic has some drawback. Cotton is OK if you are near a washer and dryer. Linen is fine if it's cool outside. Down is fantastic but has to be accompanied by nylon or poly that will have breathing issues. But wool knows no boundaries.
Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.