[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Regions Travelled Thread
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /trv/ - Travel

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 6
File: regions edited.png (456 KB, 4498x2225) Image search: [Google]
regions edited.png
456 KB, 4498x2225
Post your region maps of which places you have visited yet, exchange travel stories, discuss odd picks and the obligatory anon who's been to Greenland, Bhutan, or some other exotic place, and start coloring your own maps.

template: http://i.imgur.com/ySN7GJB.png

I tried my best to turn mine into a clean template, but, thanks to my limited editing abilities, it has some beauty spots, so if anyone has a better version, feel free to share it.
>>
File: ySN7GJB.png (451 KB, 4498x2225) Image search: [Google]
ySN7GJB.png
451 KB, 4498x2225
>>1117222

Posting template for OP since this isn't Reddit.
>>
File: 1463754215179.png (459 KB, 4498x2225) Image search: [Google]
1463754215179.png
459 KB, 4498x2225
>>1117249
>>1117222

>tfw no new regions since the last thread

Going to Costa Rica in a week and a half and then Mexico in July or August. I have $1100 in Delta Dollars that I have to use up by September 7th, so I'm trying to pick between Brazil, India and Nepal, China, Moldova, Tanzania, and some other place. I have friends in the Peace Corps in Moldova and Tanzania who both want me to visit them, but flights to sub-Saharan Africa are a fortune from here and I'm not sure if I want to be in Eastern Europe in winter.
>>
File: Regions travelled.png (463 KB, 4498x2225) Image search: [Google]
Regions travelled.png
463 KB, 4498x2225
Finishing Sixth Form in a few months, so I'll have a great amount of time to work across this year and save up for a trip next year. Though I have penned a potential, subject-to-change, route across Eastern Europe I've recently been interested in some other countries.

I guess my question is: Should I pursue backpacking across Eastern Europe, or, should I visit countries on separate trips but expand my reach to other continents? On these hypothetical single-country trips, I would aim to explore each country exhaustively.

Any insight would be valuable to my final decision.
>>
>>1117258

Where are you from? I don't see it on the map.
>>
>>1117262
Northamptonshire, in the mass of green that is the UK.
>>
>>1117258

OP here, I feel like it really depends on what you prefer. I haven't done any myself, but I know a lot of people who love cruises. The concept seems kinda odd to me, but you get to see many places in a short time, albeit that you spend most of the time on a ship and actually don't have enough time to properly check out any of the locations. Now backpacking gives you more time, but it's still the hastier of the two versions you proposed, quite naturally. I guess this method gives you lots of incentive to go back to places which you liked but didn't have enough time to explore properly, while the single-country trips don't let you see as many different, spread out regions, but the ones you get to see, you witness more thorougly. Kinda like quality and quantity to be honest.

As for me, I'm quite a lot into culture and such, so I tend to visit lots of museums and cultural sites when going on vacation, while also trying to understand the local culture and customs. Obviously, such an intimate engagement requires a lot of time, which is why I tend to limit myself to a smaller region, but explore it extensively, which is quite like your second option. I suppose that's about all the advice I can give for now.
>>
File: 1463748486920.png (695 KB, 4498x2225) Image search: [Google]
1463748486920.png
695 KB, 4498x2225
>>1117222

From montreal, barely explored my home continent.
>>
>>1106816

Catalog, how does it work?
>>
>>1117697
better mark South Island instead of North Island in NZ
>>
>>1117692
Cheers, that's helpful. I have a lot of research to do, but I'm sure I'll come to a conclusion I'll be happy with.
>>
File: placesivebeen.png (453 KB, 4498x2225) Image search: [Google]
placesivebeen.png
453 KB, 4498x2225
This is mine. I have been all across the southern half of Norway, all over Denmark and Iceland, and a lot of Germany. I've driven through Sweden, visited Finland once, Mallorca once, Cyprus once and Manavgat, Turkey a few times.
>>
>>1117797
And i forgot Manchester - England!
Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.